• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeding high IV's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • New to the community but been playing since I and my brother played on his Pokemon Reds while I was in high school in 96. I am trying to breed high IV legit Pokemon and looking for someone with the same interest to join me.

I don't use Pokemon I don't know and have a Slowbro, Flareon, Alolan Exeggutor, Jolteon, Grubbin, Horsea, and more that I have already breed.

The way I would like it to work is if you are breeding a Pokemon then you share a 5 IV pair with me and any others in the group and I would do the same. Not asking for your best just a pair to help my own collection.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Welcome to the community! It's always nice to see new people trying to get into the finer mechanics of Pokemon breeding. I have a lot of 'breedjects' (basically leftover Pokemon from breeding projects) that I can give you, but honestly, the best piece of advice I can give you is to grab a free 6IV Ditto from destinedjagold's giveaway. A 6IV Ditto is basically every breeder's bread and butter, and you'll find yourself saving a lot of time if you let it hold a Destiny Knot too. If you're unfamiliar with the intricate breeding mechanics, then I believe this very short guide is a good starting place that makes you aware of all the possible things you can manipulate when breeding Pokemon.

With that stuff out of the way, I've noticed that you have a liking to the Kanto Pokemon. If you like, I can quickly breed you the starters with a Rareball, a few egg moves and a desirable nature using my current competitive ones as a base. Having them and the 6IV Ditto will make it a lot easier to breed more of the them to further trade with other people and build up your collection.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • I have Grubbin, Horsea, and Shroomish on hand if you want to trade.

I wouldn't mind those three at all! I've almost finished hatching the Charmander egg and will move onto Squirtle next; I should be done very soon. Done!

Bulbasaur (M), Calm, 31/31/31/28/31/31
    Charmander (M), Jolly, 31/31/30/31/31/31
    Squirtle (M), Modest, 31/1/31/31/31/31

The Squirtle is pretty much perfect, and the other two have really high IVs in the non-inherited stat, so I just decided to keep them anyway. Let me know when you're available.

Last edited:
    Years
  • give me a minute to switch games, got Toxic Orb on Poison Heal Breloom on Moon. Taking Breloom and Jolteon through the game together to know how to use them in battle. Did a solo with my female Slowbro and planning to use my male Slowking to help Combee evolve (when I get one).

Will look at game for what the stats are but all of the ones I have are the best 5 IV pairs I found.

Too late for today but will be up tomorrow.

I have two pairs of Horseas, two pairs of Shroomish, one pair of Slowpoke and four pairs of Grubbin. Some have great stats in the missing slot and most have poor missing stats but are paired so that the opposite has the stat.

Tired but pretty much I'm sure you could figure out what I'm trying to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2019
    Hey I have a few breedjects leftover. Some of them have egg moves and different balls. Let me know if you want anything.

PS. If you have a HA piplup I would be very interested

Skiddo
    Feebas
    Fomantis
    Cutiefly
    Baltoy
    Mawile
    Rowlett
    Magnemite
    Snubbull
    Fennekin
    Bronzor Sassy&Relaxed