• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rift War Saga

xantor

...:::...
Years
  • I'm making a hack called Rift War Saga. It's based on a book by Raymond Feist called Magician. It's also in RMXP. I have made a few games before but I never released them to the public. I bought RMXP (Gawd $100.00 friggen dollers.) and got the english patch. I don't know if anyone would also be interested as you really have to read the book to get it at it's fullest but anyway.

You start out controlling a young 14 year old boy called Pug. While collecting sand crabs for the head cook Megar a storm comes and thus our story begins.

Includes:
    Playing as various characters not just one
    A mini game collecting crabs
    A mini game featuring a game similar to soccer/football
    High quality chipsets and charsets
    A lengnthly game and maybe a sequal
    An interesting storyline

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I notic that the NPC on the bottom has his head cut off.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL...
    I think , This is Pokemon Making Forum... sure?

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    We allow anything to do with game devlopment here.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • I like the screen, but, you should do something about the lower character's head.
    Overall, the screenshot is cool!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I'm making a hack called Rift War Saga.
    It's also in RMXP.
    Eh? well, it's always good to see non-Pokemon related games here and all credit to ya for actually buying RMXP. I've never read that book, or even heard of it to be honest, so this game should just be like an original game to me. Pug? That's a name I never thought the hero would have. ^_^

Sylver

Peacekeeper.
    Years
  • I think you should leave the head part and add something funny, for exemple:

"Boy: Hi!
    Pug: Err... Hi, what happaned to your head?
    Boy: What do you mean? *looks at his head* Aaa my head!! What happaned to my head!? Help!! Help!! *dies*
    Pug: Hmm... I think it's heart attack, well let's move on then!"

Something like this. Well, anyway your game looks cool and I'd like to see more screens!

xantor

Years
  • Oh abput the head, I did a screenie of most of the map put together so his head got sliced off when putting it together. LoL.
    I've only done some of the coding and it the mini game almost finished.
    Also I don't have the english help file but on another message board I go on someones translating it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    ok i dont knew if can be made all game :)
    Sry for this Xantor :P
    Good luck with ur game

xantor

Years
  • ANother screenie. This only shows that I'm having face sets. Took me ages to find a code and then I had to muddle around with it. I'm still no good with ruby. But I will have better proper facesets when I get the pictures for the moemnt I'm jjust having the battle poses.
    Though I still have to fix up the crabs they're an old RM2k3 charset and they went weird. So I have to redo myself.

Back