• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Gold/Silver Remakes!

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    New Gold/Silver Remake hacks!

I am currently working on hacking Ruby/Sapphire to be like a Gold/Silver remake, in the same way FireRed and LeafGreen are. I have so far mapped up to Violet City, but I still need to work on some scripting. I can map all of Johto and a small bit of the west of Kanto (The Pok?mon League), but I won't be able to map anything beyond that due to the amount of maps in RS. Does anyone know how to add new maps into the game?

By the way, I have included pictures of the New Bark Town, Cherrygrove City and Violet City. Hope ya like them! :cool:

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    nice work dude, violet city looks a tad wierd in some places but still really well done so far. Keep it up :)

Jason

Banned
    Years
  • Sorry to say but there is another hack like this is under development and that hack made y me, Majin and Coolboyman will e 10000000000000000000x times better than yours. It will be a FRLG hack.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    don't be such an a$$ jason, leave him alone, so far i haven't seen anything from your mod so this guy has done a better job.

Winter2424242

Androgynous Role-Player
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jun 19, 2005
    Jason said:
    Sorry to say but there is another hack like this is under development and that hack made y me, Majin and Coolboyman will e 10000000000000000000x times better than yours. It will be a FRLG hack.

People have the right to hack however they want to hack. You're not required to like it, but that doesn't give you the right to tell someone that your hack will definitely be better, nor does it give you the right to belittle others.

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Thanx for the support guys! :)
    Jason - I don't really care if your hack is better. This is my first Ruby/Sapphire hack, so it probably will be, but i'm not doing this to be as identical to the originals as possible. I'm kinda using it as a test to see how well I do.
    Anyway, I've currently also done routes 26, 27 and 29, and routes 30 + 31 have been stuck together to save on the amount of maps I have to work with. I've also edited their wild pok?mon, but i'm not done with the trainers yet, and I'm also facing a couple of scripting problems. I should have a beta released within the next month hopefully :D.

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    I'm currently faced with 3 major problems -
    1st: How do I edit the pok?mon that trainers use in their battles?
    2nd: I'm crap at graphics, so if anyone could help me with some sprites that would be really appreciated! :D Sprites I currently need are: Hiro, Prof. Oak (for opening speech), the rival, and Falkner.
    3rd: I can set it so you battle your rival in Cherrygrove, but how do I set it so he only appears AFTER you get your pok?dex, then walks off? I also need to stop the player from moving out of New Bark Town before you get your starter pok?mon.

Once I've done the above, the text for everyone up to violet city, and some areas like sprout tower, i'll be able to release a beta!

Last edited:

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • You forgot Armanda/Crystal . Anyway good luck with your first hack. And the sprites... uhh... hopefully somebody will help ya with that...

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Heh heh, i forgot about crystal. My bad. I'll be wanting a sprite of her too now. ^.^
    If I don't have all the sprites by July I'll have to just import the GSC ones.

It's highly likely that I won't include most of Kanto (except for the league), unless it's possible to add new maps into the game, which I have no idea how to do right now.

Another thing - I'll probably be putting the hack on hold from next week :( - i have my gcses coming up so i need to revise! I'll be continuing work on it after though, and probably between exams when im not revising. After my exams i will work on releasing a beta release.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2004
    Looks amazing, and Jason: If it is 100000000000x better, we'll give you a medal, but if its any less, you can swallow your pride and admit that two games of the same type can be on the market at once, so to speak... Anywho, i look forward to this one more anyway... keep it up

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    What do you think of this for a name - Lunar Silver?
    I probably won't do a 'Solar Gold', because I want to do a more original hack afterwards. Probably one with a dark theme ;). Another thing - I am currently using the Hiro sprite from the EliteMap media folder. But it doesn't display right in the rom (i attached a screenshot). The same thing when I imported a Hiro back picture from GSC. Does anyone know why this has happened?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2020
    not that I'm discouraging it or anything, but I never saw the point of doing two hacks that are similar. Also, I sure hope you are planning to give me credit for that Hiro/Kenta sprite you are using, because I made it and donated it to the elite map. If my Hiro walking sprites end up being released by Kawa, I'd like to politly ask you to not use them (this goes to everyone) for the time being. And if they are used, I'll probably be upset, since I've even had explict directions there not to just yet, and I want credit for them too...you have no idea how hard I busted my *** for those. Just to let you know.

usami

biohazard
    Years
  • I can help with the sprites I'll do them right away, although I don't think I can do Oak very well.

Back