• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Gold/Silver Remakes!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
  • Jason said:
    no offense man that i have looked into your recent progress that most of your grafix aint really good. Worse than most advance version graphics.

So, here is my rating - a mere three out of ten.

And when you produce a game from scratch with your own graphics without using just preprogrammed ones that you have hacked into then you will have room to give judgement.
    Making an RM2K game isn't like hacking, it requires alot more time and effort to go into programming and mapping and if you'd pay more attention to the thread, you'd know that Yamichi has spent a lot of time in these areas.
    In my opinion, this is one of the best looking games on this forum.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Let's not start a discussion about what's better between hacking and rm2k/3.
    Otherwise it'll turn into the PTEI threads. Anyway, yamichi has done a great job
    so far in my opinion.

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Could a mod change the name of this thread to "Pok?mon LunarSilver" please? Because it's hardly new now and it's only Silver version, so... yah.
    Anyways as u probably know i not work on it as much coz im doing A Level course at school now, so i don't have much time between school and other fun to do this, but i work on it in times i get. I think i'll just do the mapping and let someone else do the events afterwards, 'coz otherwise it'll never get anywhere. -.-

Oh and in mapping news I'll be doing Ilex Forest next, but I need a good GSC screenshotty thing so i know what design it's supposed 2 be like. I've looked on vgmaps but i can't see one. Does anyone have one I can use please?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Could a mod change the name of this thread to "Pok?mon LunarSilver" please? Because it's hardly new now and it's only Silver version, so... yah.
    Anyways as u probably know i not work on it as much coz im doing A Level course at school now, so i don't have much time between school and other fun to do this, but i work on it in times i get. I think i'll just do the mapping and let someone else do the events afterwards, 'coz otherwise it'll never get anywhere. -.-

Oh and in mapping news I'll be doing Ilex Forest next, but I need a good GSC screenshotty thing so i know what design it's supposed 2 be like. I've looked on vgmaps but i can't see one. Does anyone have one I can use please?

Hey Yamichi, I'd be happy to help any way possible. I've always liked this game so I think it would be ashame if production slowed down even more.

Here's an Ilex Forest map. Just ignore the red lines.
    Ilex.png

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Thank you! n__n I've now done Ilex Forest! Though it looks a bit cramped so I may re-make it but bigger (like how they made Viridian Forest bigger in FRLG compared to RBYG).

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Jason: I reinstalled my machine lately and do not have crysmap on my machine anymore. Plus the goldmap version i have won't load ilex forest.
    Tentachu: I don't understand why it should do that. Maybe your installation of RM2K3 doesn't work right, or maybe the download was corrupted. Try downloading it again. I don't know why it should reset your PC though. It seems to work fine for everyone else. :confused:

Tentachu

Movie Making Expert
    Years
  • It works now!

Yamachi, the game was AWESOME! Only thing was that the characters walked very slowly and there weren't many SFX...

I give it a 9/10!

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
    Years
  • Hey Yamichi! You're doing a great job! By the way, how's the game coming along? Will there be another demo soon?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I don't think it's dead. Yamichi explained a while back that he had alot of other commitments that he viewed more important than the game, like school work. But he did say that he will continue to work on it as and when he was able. And he has put a lot of work into it so I just can't imagine him giving up on it completely.

Back