• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
They are, that wa the first thing I checked v-v
This is driving me insane as there is no logical explanation I can find, also when you enter a building in map b then exit, map a is completely gone from sight and there are just border tiles

Did you create map A and map B or did you edit a pre existing map to end up with the map A and map B? I mean, for example, did you edit pallet town and turned it into the present state of map A/B? There seems to be a general problem when editing maps that exist in the game originally (like changing dimentions and/or tilesets). Try reinserting the maps to the same position (Same bank and map number). (Example: If you are editing a map in position 5.9 then press the insert button and go down to the option "Replace existing map" and chose bank 5 and map 9.) Reinsert both maps A and B to their current positions though.

Also the problem with going in and out of a building: make sure the warp when exiting the building takes you to the correct map and/or warp number!!

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2011
Did you create map A and map B or did you edit a pre existing map to end up with the map A and map B? I mean, for example, did you edit pallet town and turned it into the present state of map A/B? There seems to be a general problem when editing maps that exist in the game originally (like changing dimentions and/or tilesets). Try reinserting the maps to the same position (Same bank and map number). (Example: If you are editing a map in position 5.9 then press the insert button and go down to the option "Replace existing map" and chose bank 5 and map 9.) Reinsert both maps A and B to their current positions though.

Also the problem with going in and out of a building: make sure the warp when exiting the building takes you to the correct map and/or warp number!!
i created b from scrap and a from map 0.17, and then reinserted it to 34.11 and when i try to insert 34.11 to 0.17 it asks me to save a bunch of time and continues the loop untill i say no, then when i go to 0.17 i get :
advancedmaperror(5): the value at $308858 is not a pointer

edit: same thing happens when i insert it on itself

Last edited:

pikachick1991_22

Growluvr
Years
Hack for the player character on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team?

Does anyone know of a hacking program that lets me change the Pokemon available to a specific personality? To be precise, I'd like to change the "brave" answer for males from Machop to Growlithe. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Years
i created b from scrap and a from map 0.17, and then reinserted it to 34.11 and when i try to insert 34.11 to 0.17 it asks me to save a bunch of time and continues the loop untill i say no, then when i go to 0.17 i get :
advancedmaperror(5): the value at $308858 is not a pointer

edit: same thing happens when i insert it on itself

You should chose yes when asking to save. Why would you choose no?

.Paradox

Hack Completion: ~5%...LOL
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2011
Sprite editing

I'm trying to edit Gary's sprite on FireRed because I named him fatass, and I want to change his sprite to a fat guy. What does it mean by LZ77 compressed and how do I get it like that so that it will work correctly with unLZ?

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2013
Hi!
I'm new in hack pokémon roms, and i really need to know if i can CREATE (not edit) new maps and connect them?
My idea is create a pokémon hackrom who the player can play on kanto, johto and hoenn... (a lot of maps)

Thanks a lot :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2011
You should chose yes when asking to save. Why would you choose no?
because it infitely loops the pop up with the question untill i do

Hi!
I'm new in hack pokémon roms, and i really need to know if i can CREATE (not edit) new maps and connect them?
My idea is create a pokémon hackrom who the player can play on kanto, johto and hoenn... (a lot of maps)

Thanks a lot :)
in A-map go to insert, create new maps, and select new bank and chose the numer of maps, then when you make a new map, use insert, select the second option (i think it is free space or somthing) then select the map bank you made and a blank map and you will have added it to that location, then use the connections manager in a-map to deal with connections

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2013
SuperMeip:

Thanks a lot friend! :D
And another (i promisse, the last question)...hm... can i add new pokemons to the rom?
I'm thinking in hack a FireRed rom, there have just 151 pokes, right?
Can i add more without edit/delete the currently 151?

Or... if the FireRed rom have the 383 pokes (catching most of them by trading with Ruby or ShinyGold), can i add spawn for those new 232?

Sorry for bad english...

Thank you a lot friend :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2011
SuperMeip:

Thanks a lot friend! :D
And another (i promisse, the last question)...hm... can i add new pokemons to the rom?
I'm thinking in hack a FireRed rom, there have just 151 pokes, right?
Can i add more without edit/delete the currently 151?

Or... if the FireRed rom have the 383 pokes (catching most of them by trading with Ruby or ShinyGold), can i add spawn for those new 232?

Sorry for bad english...

Thank you a lot friend :)
You can find many tutorials on line for adding Pokemon that would explain much better than me, and yes you can use any of the 383 Pokemon anywhere in your game

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Hey should I make a hack using a ROM base or make my own tiles

Really up to you. It's your hack, so your choice. Here's a few advantages of each side:

ROM Bases give you the tiles straight away, and often are very beautiful, but it may cause problems later on. This can involve it being difficult to insert new tiles, and some little bugs. Also, if you've already done some work on a ROM, it may remove all the work, or make it a bit buggy.

Using your own allows more individuality, as well as the possibilities near endless, yet you need to know how to tile insert or get someone to do it. There is also all the possible problems with tile inserting that need to be ironed out

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
Hello everyone, returning hacker here!

Question: Is there a patch for Ruby to remove all events, maps etc? I seem to remember one, but I can't find it on my PC anywhere and several searches returned nothing.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hello everyone, returning hacker here!

Question: Is there a patch for Ruby to remove all events, maps etc? I seem to remember one, but I can't find it on my PC anywhere and several searches returned nothing.

Thanks in advance!

I don't remember one for Ruby, but there's one for FireRed.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
I don't know if this have been ask,
since i cant go all the single post to search and i don't know what keyword to use to search for my problem.
Basically the problem i have is that i make a new map, insert it to replace Vidrian city/town/or whatever..
The problem is in-game, when i enter the map, just after a few steps the rom reset itself, and this go on every time i enter the map.
This is a troublesome problem.

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
Would there be any way to incorporate tag battles in FireRed?

This is a tag battle:

Battle_with_Lance.png

Does anybody know if it's possible...?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I don't know if this have been ask,
since i cant go all the single post to search and i don't know what keyword to use to search for my problem.
Basically the problem i have is that i make a new map, insert it to replace Vidrian city/town/or whatever..
The problem is in-game, when i enter the map, just after a few steps the rom reset itself, and this go on every time i enter the map.
This is a troublesome problem.
Remove all of the map scripts on the map and delete any person event with the event movement "Hidden" from the map (By default there is one in Viridian City.) That should will remedy your problem.

I though there WERE double battles in fire red? :S

He's referring to Tag Battles not double battles. And no as of right now there isn't a way to add tag battles though I believe there may be a thread about it in Research & Develpoment section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back