• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Pokemon GO bans Xiaomi Phone Owners

Years
  • yikes. this... possibly seems like a mistake of some sort? I'm not exactly sure what sets Xiaomi phones apart from other phones that give those users some sort of inherent advantage, so hopefully Niantic offers some sort of explanation soon. o.o;

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Game boosting isnt cheating or do some mischief with Go app. hopefully niantic can explain more further and know this is just a unfair ban

Years
  • Oohh yeah, bf was telling me about this yesterday. Apparently this was an ongoing issue that Niantic dismissed until an article was posted on a game news site and spread around. Bit sad how they need to be pressured with bad publicity to acknowledge actual issues. /:

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I hope they reconsider and mentioned why the banning, some innocent xiaomi users are affected too

Years
  • Spelling mistake in the article's title?

Fixed (the thread title, that is)!

Something to note is that OnePlus has a mode similar to this called Fnatic mode that dedicates all the phones' CPU to the game itself for performance boosts. I'm not really aware if owners of OnePlus phones would be affected as well, or if Niantic in general considered "performance boosting" software in phones to be a form of cheating which.... would be super weird, imo.

Last edited:

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I do have that feature and wonder if it would affect that

Back