• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What boost mechanich would you add to a Pokemon game? I mean like Gigamax forms, Megaevolutions or Z moves and stuff!

SadOldMan

Developer/Epic Gamer/Humanoid Entity
Years
  • I'v e been thinking about this for a while and I stumbled upon a couple Pokemon that can fuse with eachother. Yes I mean Solgaleo and Lunala with Necrozma. I found this mechanich so interesting that I thought what if they would add this for more Pokemon. This is my idea!
    It's called Fussed Form. There are certain stones you can get throughout the game that you can give to your Pokemon, if other Pokemon in your team has another stone of its respective type they will both fuse in battle creating a new specific Pokemon. There are some extra rules thou...

1.- The Pokemon must be at its last stage, it means it must be fully evolved.
    2.- You will only detonate the Fusion only if you get your Pokemon into Battle you have the chance to cancell it but with some risks I will describe later.
    3.- Once the Pokemon fused is defeated you get both Pokemon fainted.
    4.- The fusion will get all the best stats of both Pokemon and the nature that better fits the new fused Pokemon, except with hp, that will add both hp points. If one Pokemon has 50 hp and the other has 100 hp the fusion will have 150 hp.
    5.- You can use it only on four turns. Once done your Pokemon return to their ususal form.
    6.- If you fused Pokemon doesn't get faintes in battle your two Pokemon will have their hp lowered equaly according to the complete damage taken in Fussion Form. This can result in one of your Pokemon fainting after the fusion.
    7.- If one of your fussion Pokemon gets its hp lowered by a hit you fussed Pokemon will be weaker according to the HP that each pokemon posees in battle.
    8.- Once started the fussion can't be stoped after 4 to 5 turns. This can variate randomly.
    9.- The hability of the Pokemon fuse too. This means both habilities will be fully active but with the fusion at the same time.
    10.- You are not alowed to use potions or berried during fusion battle.
    11.- You can only have two Pokemon fused in battle, this means one fusion per battle.
    12.- The typing of the Pokemon will depend not only in the evolution but in the resulting form. If one Pokemon is water and the other is plant the resulting pokemon will be water plant, but if the Pokemon has two typing only one of the typings will be passed to the fussion.

This is my idea, kind of...
    Tell me what you think!

1bb987f4e9fb43d69dfda5d6c95023c3.jpg

Years
    • Seen today
    I thought Mega Evolution was perfectly fine. It was a nice way to give a spotlight and breathe life into weaker more forgotten Pokemon.

Years
  • Fusion is the most likely to me, but that's probably because we've experienced it before. Still, I do wonder if it'll happen, fusing two things can be seen as unethical and cruel by some, especially since the last time it happened was by a terrifying monster of a Pokémon forcing others into fusion, and it's not something I can see TPCi making a whole battle feature out of. There are some really cool-looking fusions out there people have made using that sprite fusion site though - yours in particular is really neat. Even if that face is a little scary lol.

A game focused on double battles where Pokémon moves can combine to create new ones would be really cool. It's cool to think about what kinds of combos people can create! But this is something I can see happening more in spinoffs, since a main series game that forces double battles onto you all the time might be too drastic of a change for them.

SadOldMan

Developer/Epic Gamer/Humanoid Entity
    Years
  • Yeah, I see it in a spinoff. But still it would be a cool mechanich to add. Maybe the story could go about a dimension where humans disco eres how to control pokemon fusion or something. IDK.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    A youtuber suggested a really cool mechanic where you can change the types of pokemon to alternate ones, that still fit the pokemon (ex poison for umbreon)

As for fusion, I would say cross breeding works better ethics wise, but the matter of technology comes into play as well, as allowing fusion pokemon of any possible parents would be tough to model/animate for. I think they should just hire the people from pokemon fusion generator...

Geewithabee

Mess with the Grookey, you get the bazookey.
    Years
    • Age 39
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    Two Held Items. Opening it up to all the possible combinations would be wild.

And held Berries get their own separate slot as well.

Years
  • Real talk, the next boost mechanic should just be no boost mechanic (GF is clearly running out of ideas considering their new big thing was Pokemon but what if we make it bigger and redder). Let's just keep things pure and simple tbh

Though if anyone has played Persona 3, one of the character's name is Aigis and she has this function called "Orgia Mode". This function essentially greatly boosts her stats but, you can't control her and she more or less does whatever she wants and once it ends, she becomes defunct and won't act until she cools down. I can see GF adding a mechanic similar to this, maybe instead of berserk it's a temporary stat boost and the Pokemon does whatever it wants, then after 3 turns it becomes defunct (this honestly sounds kind of terrible the more I write it out)

I could also see maybe some sort of interrupt mechanic. If anyone is familiar with the Legend of Heroes: Trails of... series, there's a mechanic called S-Breaks where once you get a certain amount of points, you can interrupt a turn to unleash either a big attack or supportive skill. GF can probably add held items that can enable them to use these moves once per battle (it's basically like z-moves but adding skills that are purely utility) and they can go as far as adding one for each type (maybe 1 offensive and 1 defensive). They can also go even further and only have it where the Pokemon must be the corresponding type of the item in order to use it.

Last edited:

Geewithabee

Years
    • Age 39
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    This seems like it would be massively broken for competitive! I wonder just how majorly things would change. Even a separate slot for berries would be crazy haha.

Yes, they would definitely have to restrict it or even lock it out completely when it came to competitive play, lol.

Geewithabee

Years
    • Age 39
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    Real talk, the next boost mechanic should just be no boost mechanic (GF is clearly running out of ideas considering their new big thing was Pokemon but what if we make it bigger and redder). Let's just keep things pure and simple tbh

Though if anyone has played Persona 3, one of the character's name is Aigis and she has this function called "Orgia Mode". This function essentially greatly boosts her stats but, you can't control her and she more or less does whatever she wants and once it ends, she becomes defunct and won't act until she cools down. I can see GF adding a mechanic similar to this, maybe instead of berserk it's a temporary stat boost and the Pokemon does whatever it wants, then after 3 turns it becomes defunct (this honestly sounds kind of terrible the more I write it out)

I could also see maybe some sort of interrupt mechanic. If anyone is familiar with the Legend of Heroes: Trails of... series, there's a mechanic called S-Breaks where once you get a certain amount of points, you can interrupt a turn to unleash either a big attack or supportive skill. GF can probably add held items that can enable them to use these moves once per battle (it's basically like z-moves but adding skills that are purely utility) and they can go as far as adding one for each type (maybe 1 offensive and 1 defensive). They can also go even further and only have it where the Pokemon must be the corresponding type of the item in order to use it.

I like the idea of a game where the new region's legendary is some sort of wild, bestial thing that is always on an uncontrollable rampage, and that it exerts some kind of effect over the region that allows the regular Pokemon to temporarily tap into this berserk state and maybe take on slightly wilder, angrier-looking forms. They act on their own while berserk and can't be commanded, and there's a pool of Moves that they randomly choose from. A mixed bag, some good, some not very useful, but all very strong. The legendary is different. He has his own move pool specific to him and all of his moves are good because he is always berserk and always acts on his own.

Back