• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One spinoff game you miss

Years
  • I miss Pokemon Colosseum/XD

I don't think many people really realize it, especially if they get into Pokemon gaming kind of late, but Colo/XD were one of the key games that, imo, paved the way towards 3D Pokemon gaming today. It's the very reason why I appreciate seventh generation's graphics so much, because it really does remind me of simpler times where I would wake up and play Colosseum/XD just to see my Pokemon in 3D.

There are just so many amazing things to appreciate about Colossuem and XD, and that extends beyond the main characters! The plot, the concept of Shadow Pokemon and capturing them... it was just innovative for what it was, and I think that's the very reason why it stood out.

I think what I miss the most from it and what I will continue to miss is Mt. Battle. You go through 100 different trainer battles and it was all sorts of fun. More than that, though, you get to use a copy of your team from RSE/FRLG. That's honestly the best part more than anything else. I couldn't tell you how awesome it felt just to see my Pokemon team from the main games on the big screen! It just felt so surreal.

I really hope Game Freak can capture that kind of nostalgia for me in Gen 8.

Back