• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings!

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Hello everyone!

I'm Dan, I've been lurking around here for quite some time, and I figured I'd try participation for a change. I've been playing Pokemon since Gen 1, and still can't seem to grow out of it.

I originally found this site the same way many did - seeking ROM hacks. But being the nerd I am I decided to try my hand at making them myself. Didn't get very far before switching to RPG Maker. I love Pokemon games, be they official releases or fan creations, and I'm hoping to create something of my own to one day share with others.

With that said, my interest in this fandom is pretty broad, and includes the games of course, the anime, the manga, competitive battling, the TCG, and fan creations from graphical art to fan writing and of course, fan games. All of which I've either consumed, created or participated in, to various degrees.

My background is in engineering, and I enjoy playing music (mostly guitar), writing music, reading, writing, and tinkering with any tech I can get my hands on.

I hope to meet people and perhaps make some friends. I wish everyone a happy New Year!

Years
  • Yeah, everyone has their preferences... I know people who've used RPG Maker and say they love that a lot more than actually hacking games haha. Game Development is a great area here, and it'd be great to have more people remember making games is more than just ROM hacking. Good choice of interest!

Nice to meet you Dan, welcome to PC. :D With your diverse set of interests I'm sure you'll have a lot to talk about here. Enjoy your new year!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Nice that you've finally joined us! I've been playing for a long while myself too. Pokemon isn't easy to grow out of indeed~

ROM hacks are quite popular here, so, you've come to the right place! There's also the Game Dev board too. You have a lot of interesting interests! Maybe we'll see you around the competitive battling scene sometime! Either way, I'd be delighted on being friends with you; contact me anytime! And have a good New Year too. <33

userdamname

Just use your name!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2017
    Hey Dan!

I've been waiting patiently to join this community too! I agree that making your own game is hard because you gotta think of the Storyline and the Plot Twist, and the Sequel too. I like listening to music too! It's what I do in my Free Time. RPGs are fun to do. Being that certain role and being happy about that role. I'm happy I got to know you and hopefully we get to keep in touch someday.

Foot

I'm creating a Pokemon Sun and Moon Comic!
    Years
  • Hi Dan:) I was also a bit of a ninja on this site up until recently:P Good luck acclimating! lol

Back