• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Registreer in Po Sun&Moon

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2020
    Heyhey!

I'm literally losing my mind. I instantly half regirock's HP and then keep hitting him with weak moves till he has 1-5 HP. Then I keep hitting him with Ultra balls, dusk balls and timer balls. I activate a rotom catch. But he still keeps coming out. I mean how?

Then he had no moves left, used struggle and died. Tell me what I'm doing wrong. I saved right before the encounter so I can keep trying, but i've tried 10 times and each time he commits suicide.

Please help me. I feel like a total noob...

Pokémon Sun and Moon

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    You're not doing anything wrong, sometimes the RNG is just a huge asshole.

One other thing you can do though to help is inflict a status effect on it (I like paralysis the best), as that also increases the odds of a capture. It's not gonna do a whole lot, but every bit helps.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2020
    Guess what... Just caught 'em!!

It was pure luck tough,... and I did it with lycanrock only! This time I had him with only 2 dusk balls and a roto catch. Plus Lycanrock was full HP because he kept avoiding attacks.

At the start I felt stupid because I forgot tot swap him with another Pokémon, but it worked out pretty well. Guess I'm Just very lucky today.

I had no pokémons with me that could cause status effects...silly me 😅

Thanks for helping me out!!

Back