• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can fire pokemon go into water ? And can water pokemon dehydrate

TepigLover101

I am a tepig who has hair
Years
  • This question keeps me up at night .Charmander obviously cant touch water with his tail cuz if it lights out he dies which is pretty dark but whatever other firw pokemon like a pansear may be able to but then again we dont know.or maybe we do and im just a idiot. That also brings the question can water pokemon dehydrate which basically means that they die? Ig like im not sure if that's true a marrile might be one to die but who knows again any thoughts tell me cuz im honestly curious btw hope ur all safe in these crazy times ok byyeeee

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Pretty sure Fire Pokemon without external fire on their body could still actually go into water. Except maybe Macargo because it'd just evaporate it, I'm sure.

as for Water Pokemon dehydrating, I don't know how to answer that.

Years
  • Except maybe Macargo because it'd just evaporate it, I'm sure.

It's made of lava tho, so I'd like to think it turns into stone or something when it comes into contact with water (rapid cooling and stuff; like what happens with volcanic lava when it hits the ocean).

Come to think of it, it'd be sweet if they made a Rock-type evo for Magcargo or something, like if it gets leveled up underwater or what have you.

Years
  • Well, I am sure charmander and all fire types takes a bath atleast weekly, otherwise I'd say they've photoshoped and filtered quite many images throughout the anime 😅
    For the fires, they are extentions of their power, so they'd need to avoid dousing such body parts carelessly.
    They can probably 'hold' the fires themselves just like how we hold our breaths, for a limited time.

Years
  • i actually think this is kind of an interesting question. i want to say that it's possible for fire pokemon to go into water, and i'd argue that that, at least with the more animal-esque ones, they can probably swim competently, but it'd just be really uncomfortable.

as far water pokemon dehydrating, they probably can? as a wild guess, anyway. they probably find higher temperatures without some form of hydration unhealthy for them so they would need to hydrate themselves as well, even if they have water stored in their bodies.

interesting things to think about. @__@

Back