• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Opening/Ending tracks? or just general osts

PB

creation hero
Years
  • y'all ever just listen to something and get blasted with nostalgia but don't specifically remember said track? It's a lil late but I left autoplay on after listening to the XYZ Opening and found a bunch of relic songs? There's a ton I don't remember but I wanted to know what some of you guys were! Personally I really like the second BW opening! : D ( V-Volt is also one of the few I like though)

pkmin3033

I don't think I've ever listened to a Pokemon ED before. xD;

Favourite opening is probably either We Will Be Heroes or Battle Cry - moreso the movie versions. Although I have a soft spot for the original opening and the one for the first Johto season, like 90% of those who grew up listening to them. xD

General OST wise...the original background track to Team Rocket's motto is pretty fantastic, although I will never get this out of my head when I hear it now. I am very fond of Oracion, too. Although generally all the anime tracks that are remixed orchestrated versions of the game's OST are great.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2021
    Favorite openings are the Hoenn ones. But they are all good in their own style.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • I feel like the AG series had the best Japanese openings - I really liked all 5 of the them. OS had the best ending themes though like Type Wild and the Pokemon Ondo.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • My favorite English Openings, are Johto and Hoenn. I also really love Sinnoh League Victors and if it was longer, it would be my favorite.

As for Japanese Openings, I don't like many of them, however, I freaking love XY and XYZ Japanese Themes.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2019
    I love all the Japanese Opening for Advance Generations (Hoenn) especially Challenger and Spurt. I also like Ikuze of XY&Z because it really felt like a shounen anime opening. Kimi no Boken (Your Adventure) of Sun and Moon will always have a special place in my heart. For endings, I always love Kaze no Message of Diamond and Pearl.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • I love the English Jhoto and Hoenn openings. They just have the right kind of cheese and epicness that I want in my pokemon openings. not to mention those songs are hella catchy. Kinda hate the OPs that come after, except for XY op(but that's just a remix of the OG op so it's hard to hate).

In the case of the JP openings I like Aim to be a pokemon master, Challenger,and Summerly slope.

But I love the XY era OPs Volt, Mega Volt, Mad Paced Getter, XY&Z. They all sounded great, and when they play during crucial moments in the show it just gets my blood pumping.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I used to like two or three of the English opening themes between Johto and the end of Hoenn.

I also really liked Rivals, which was the theme to the JP Orange Islands arc!

Watashi Makenai was one of my favorite endings, which is Haruka (May)'s voice actress singing a Hoenn ending.

High Touch from JP Diamond and Pearl was a bop!!

UM... I know there's more.

OH, Spurt! was a really good opening! I think that was JP Pokemon Advanced opening.

Dori Dori was a cute ending, and that one was for XY&Z. :>

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Does anyone remember that Japanese opening with Ash and Dawn were singing together? (It's a Japanese op), well, that one is by far, my favorite. It's so adorable, and I love it.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    The original series OST is very nostalgic to me, I especially loved the sad pieces (like Inori/Prayer and Cloudy Weather, then Tears), the music that plays when they part ways with a friendly trainer they meet (A Meeting and a Parting) made the show so much more heartwarming.
    I was sad BW! began a tradition of no longer using old pieces, but there are (as always, for the Japanese version) beautiful pieces there too.
    Chiisaki Mono (one of the only old pieces used again in BW! for the Jirachi episode) is one I love a lot, even the English version maintains it as May and Max's lullaby... "I sang, without understanding the meaning, a love song" / "that summer I was afraid of swimming" it captures nostalgia of childhood memories so well.

There are beautiful sad pieces in BW!, but as they were never released, we don't even have names for them... (it's used ironically in this scene, but) the Koaruhie/Ducklett episode when Satoshi/Ash tries to explain to them how important the sunglasses are, so they'll give it back, there's another heartwarming piece that plays early in the episode with Yabukuron when Ash speaks with the kids in their secret base/treehouse...

Also, the music that plays when Shootie/Trip leaves the Champion (Adeku/Alder's debut episode!), disappointed, and when Satoshi/Ash asks him where he'll go, he says he'll follow the path he believes is right... ah! I think it's the start of his extended theme!!

There's also the Nuvema town theme, it's very sweet and feels like an early morning. a Professor Juniper's lab theme too!

I also love a lot of the ending songs!
    Soko ni Sora ga Aru Kara (Because the Sky is There) and Smile from Advanced Generation were particularly beautiful and comforting, with beautiful lyrics and messages...

Te wo Tsunagou (Let's Join Hands) and (Fanfare of the Heart) have similarly comforting, but also encouraging airs to them, and sweet lyrics... Fanfare of the Heart particularly fits the character arcs ("say goodbye to the yesterday when you'd run away from being hurt, even though the wind is still strong" fits Iris so well, since she ran away from the bullying and isolation of the academy, but still has trouble opening up to her Pokemon and human friends, "whoever said that being by yourself is better than being with everyone?" can work for Shootie/Trip, or even early more arrogant Dent/Cilan... and victory and defeat not being everything is so Ash!).

Mune ni Lalala had such a gentle end-of-summer nostalgia to it, a little lonely, it fit the end of DP.

Of the openings, I loved Battle Frontier, Yajirushi ni Natte (Become an Arrow! ... the second version for Episode N) and Summerly Slope.

Back