• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Play Pokemon Damond and Pearl Roms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
Years
  • Okay, so I bet you're thinking "Yeah, right" but it's true. I spent all last night trying to figure it out, and I got it. Here are the steps

I can only post a link to No$GBA, nothing else so don't ask, just google it.

1. Download the Pokemon D/P Rom, no$gba, eNDryptS, Nintendo Ds Firmware, and Nintendo DS Bios. Again, no links to eNDryptS, Bios, or Firmware allowed.

2. Unzip all files into one folder and rename the Firmware from DS_Firmware.bin to
    Firmware.bin.

3. Now, run eNDryptS, and press 1. If your rom is in the same folder as th eprogram, it'll patch it.

4. Now, run no$GBA and open your rom. You'll see an error message pop up. Go to your options and change the DS save type to Flash512Kbytes. Now reset the rom. You should be ready to go. Important: Press star tat screen that says gamefreaks or it will freeze

You can change around your options to make it faster. I had no problems but after the intro which is pretty fast, it goes slow, really slow. I'm sure they'll fix the speed in the next no$gba release.

Screenshots:
    I'll post some later, since no$gba is acting funny with screenshots, and it's not really funny!lol

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • I might add that the D/P Emulation is far from flawless yet, which results in missing graphics and very slow emulation of the actual games.

4fwphm1.png
    2ptng3k.png

303ek2q.png
    3yc9kib.png

And before anyone asks, eNDryptS, the DS Bios/Firmware, and of course the D/P ROMs are illegal, which is why you will not get a link to them here.
    If you ask for either of them, you will receive an instant Warning.

Last edited:

foofatron

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    How can you save/load data?I've done this but for some reson every time I try to load data the emu freezes.Is there any way to fix it?

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
    Years
  • I saw a video like this on you tube. I'm not really one for roms, but maybe i'll get an NDS super card and get all that d/p stuff. And Scizz i like your Luna element theme, but why did you choose a girl?! I know her cap looks a bit cooler, but why the girl?

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • @Scizz:
    Yah, it's far from flawless, but it's not just d/p, It's the DS. I'm still amazed no$gba is the only emu hat'll run most ommercial games, and it's slow. But like I said, hopefully they'll work on that and other bugs for their next release.

@foofatron:
    I haven't saved yet because when I was trying to take screenshots for this thread, no$gba crashed, so I gotta start again.

Also, If anyone finds any secrets to making the emu faster, for any games, please share. Thanks

Years
  • yeah i can play it to that way but until they release a good version of no$gba i prefer playing pokemon diamod & pearl on my nintedo DS with my Super Card :P Cant wait until the American version release, oh well come here japonese xD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • This is certainly looking good for emulation for the DS. Surprisingly, NO$GBA has come up with some form of play looks promising. I just wonder, what other DS games it can play.

Those D/P screenshots look pretty good, just like the real thing (sorta)

EDIT: And it looks like a lot to download... XD (not the emulator I mean)

Years
  • I would love to play this. Even if it was only a tiny bit of the beginning, but...I can't find the firmware! I've tried looking for it before without success. I know you guys can't tell me, but I'm just saying. It sucks!

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Umm, how do you get the touch screen working? :X

It is working by default. :x
    Once you load a ROM, the touch-screen will work when it gets enabled by the game, such as the Pokéball scene in the intro.
    It won't work when the game disabled it, for example in scenes where it doesn't need it.

Sure you clicked on the right places?

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2011
    I got the windows version of no$gba. Maybe the rom?

Edit: got it, i didnt' have key.cfg

I can understand it, so it's very fun ^^. (I am fluent japanese)

Edit2: omg so slow. -goes off and gets flash cart-

Last edited:

Krishnan

Betrayer..........
    Years
  • Umm.. I dunno Japanese at all so if someone can help me.. I load the ROM into No$GBA and then both the touch screen and normal screen turn blue. An on the normal screen a window will be there and somethings written in Japaneese. I cant take the screenshot because No$GBA crashes andthe screenie doesn't show up.. Please I need help urgently! Thanks in advance.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Umm.. I dunno Japanese at all so if someone can help me.. I load the ROM into No$GBA and then both the touch screen and normal screen turn blue. An on the normal screen a window will be there and somethings written in Japaneese. I cant take the screenshot because No$GBA crashes andthe screenie doesn't show up.. Please I need help urgently! Thanks in advance.

That's a japanese error message. You need to switch the DS Save Type to Flash512KBytes, then reset the ROM and it should work fine. You can access the DS Save Type Options by clicking Options>Emulation Setup (or just press F11)

EDIT: Guys, I've got real good stuff. Firstly, I know how to get the best speed; In the configuration, get all of these options (I'm going from top to bottom starting by the left column)

Unlimited MHz-Disaster, 10%
    Start Cartridge Directly
    24bit True Color
    VGA (Poppy bright)
    None
    Flash 512Kbytes
    Bright Sunlight
    RIGHT COLUMN
    Digital Stereo
    Low (10KHz) (fast)
    None/Disabled
    Fast/Fast (best)
    Master Only (Single Gamepak)
    None

This should run your emulator very fast. Although, it does not change the speed outside. The only places where it visibly applies are in certain buildings, and in battle.

Now for a screenshot...

f_DiamonSavem_93258e1.png

Save files work!
    Actually, they don't. Once you've loaded, the screen just goes black never actually loads the game. If you plan on beating the game on the Emulator, make sure you can do it without closing the No$GBA.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay! I actually managed to play a bit of this. I had to stop playing because when you go outside your house, it just gets way too slow!

I can't wait for the next version of NO$GBA. Maybe there will be some progress with the speed.

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    Well, although this is just what I've been waiting for, I'm waaiting. It's too much to download, too hard to find... But thank you, I'll think it over. <3

zarithron

Still learning!
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    for me i did the things ur suposto and it still says the rom image has crashed... dang lol i was hoping 2 play it...

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • yeah...I found out about this early last month. I was really excited about a DS emulator! It's been a long time coming! Think of the possibilities in the near future! New Pokemon hacks, translations, etc. The future of fan-hacking looks very bright indeed! :cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back