• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Rare candy power leveling

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    If you take a pokemon that's for example level 1 and power level it with rare candies to level 100, will there be any way to get EVs after you reach level 100? Do you still get them or is that only possible through battling and leveling up normally?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Unless there's some glitch or exploit or some other thing that will let you get the EVs (Gen 1 is not my forte really), there's no way to get EVs on a level 100 Pokemon afaik. As I understand it, prior to Gen 5, actually getting the level up is required to get the benefit of the EVs. From Gen 5 onward, leveling up is no longer required and so you can EV train level 100 Pokemon.

So it'd probably be safer for you to EV train first, then fill in the remaining levels with the Rare Candies.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    Okay so does that mean once I transfer all those level 100 pokemon from gen 1 over to gen 5, I'll be able to EV train them without battling?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    You can transfer them from gameboy games to hgss and PLT d and p as far as I know then just keep climbing up the ladder

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Okay so does that mean once I transfer all those level 100 pokemon from gen 1 over to gen 5, I'll be able to EV train them without battling?
    Would need to still battle in gen 5 specifically (6 and 7 have non-battle alternatives), but at least you wouldn't need to level up to EV train

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Would need to still battle in gen 5 specifically (6 and 7 have non-battle alternatives), but at least you wouldn't need to level up to EV train

I mean, there is Join Avenue that has ev training options, too, that can be done without battling. But that costs in game money.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Afaik they still gain EVs even if they reach level 100. However, in order for them to gain stats off of those EVs, you'd need to box them.

If I recall correctly, they actually wanted Pokemon to stop getting better stats once they reach level 100, so you could call it an oversight.

Back