• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Move Set Advice

Years
  • So, I got a Pokemon egg from one of my friends in college and it just hatched into a female Togepi with Serene Grace! Awesome, right? Well... Her nature is terrible; it is an Adamant nature and I was wondering if someone could help me find a decent move set for her. She isn't competitive, but it just makes me so annoyed that I got the worst nature for a Togepi! Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Years
  • If you're going to use it as a physical attacker, Togekiss does learn Zen Headbutt as a tutor move, which with Serene Grace will have a 40% chance to flinch. It also gets Steel Wing, which will have a 20% chance of boosting your defence with Serene Grace. Beyond that though it doesn't really get any physical attacks which benefit from Serence Grace.

Years
  • I didn't want her to be a physical attacker-it just happened with the breeding. I wanted her to be a special attacker but I guess a mixed Togekiss could work. x)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I didn't want her to be a physical attacker-it just happened with the breeding. I wanted her to be a special attacker but I guess a mixed Togekiss could work. x)

To put things bluntly, Togekiss is better as a special attacker. Adamant is a waste on it. These are superior movesets and nature on it that take advantage of Togekiss' good bulk and Special Attack:
    -Nasty Plot
    -Air Slash
    -Heal Bell/Thunder Wave
    -Roost
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace

or
    -Air Slash
    -Heal Bell/Thunder Wave
    -Defog/Thunder Wave
    -Roost
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/160 Def/96 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace

Both sets can use the paraflinch strategy, which reduces the opponent's chances of attacking by paralyzing them with Thunder Wave, then flinching them to death with Air Slash. The former set uses Nasty Plot to make the target go down quicker and the latter has a bulky spread for support reasons; either can also use Heal Bell to cure teammates of status conditions.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Will you be using the Togekiss in competitive or just a playthrough?

Instead of Thunder Wave, personally, I would try a flinch strategy with Toxic for increased damage output. Running Zen Headbutt could trick people that think you'd only have Air Slash for an attack and they might make a bad switch-in.

Zen Headbutt
    Air Slash
    Toxic
    Roost

Disclaimer: I am not a competitive player, I just enjoy building around abilities and having fun.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Will you be using the Togekiss in competitive or just a playthrough?

Instead of Thunder Wave, personally, I would try a flinch strategy with Toxic for increased damage output. Running Zen Headbutt could trick people that think you'd only have Air Slash for an attack and they might make a bad switch-in.

Zen Headbutt
    Air Slash
    Toxic
    Roost

Disclaimer: I am not a competitive player, I just enjoy building around abilities and having fun.
    Zen Headbutt is weak coming off of Togekiss' pathetic 50 Attack; Air Slash is already fine on Togekiss because it has a higher flinch chance and no immunities. Togekiss' Speed is mediocre, so this is why Thunder Wave is needed to let it get the edge on faster Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Back