• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] What are some good Tools that can hack GBA games?

Dr. Alexander

Mobian Doctor
Years
  • I feel I wanna try my hand in creating a Pokemon hack myself with my own style and I was hoping to get some Tools suggestions I can use to hack them GBA Pokemon games like Fire Red or Sapphire.

I was hoping I could try making a GBA version of Moon and create a retro feel of the newer games or whatever I had in mind for one epic pokemon game.

I'm not advanced or anything but I would love to have fun with many tools to hack pokemon roms, Oh if it's a windows app I can always use Wine to run it as a mac app XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023

Dr. Alexander

Mobian Doctor
    Years
  • Rad I hope I can get that annoying issue done within' those NES Classics Series for GBA which are NES games ported over to GBA in some matter and what not. Or use a better Palette editor if there is one that can work with games like the NES Classics series

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ok so I'm currently working on my rom hack and I've created new moves and that was successful, but now I'm trying to add sprite sheets to PGEs Pokemon editor to replace old pokemon and use gen 4 and 5 sprites for my new rom however, I can't add them in PGE. Gen III hacking suite always ruins my game so I don't use that. I heard NSE is a good tool to replace sprites however, I cannot replace the sprites. I watched a YouTube video saying download something called Photoshop, but to use that I have to purchase it. I want to use a free program to insert my sprite sheets. So does anybody know a simple way and free way to insert gen 4 and 5 sprites into my emerald hack?? Everyone else makes it seem so simple... In addition to that, I would also like to know which mart editor most people use for their hacks because I can never use pokemart editor tool, it always says missing OCX or something like that.

Last edited:
    Back