• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Words

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Are there any words you're discontent with? If so, what alternative do you propose?

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I personally would like to replace verisimilitude, the term used to describe how close a narrative feels to our experiences and reality, to realfeel. I think people would catch on to realfeel.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Selfie is a word that does not need to exist. Picture or photo is fine.

Usage in a sentence

Exhibit A: I'm taking a photo

Exhibit B: I'm taking a selfie

B sounds a lot more stupid than A

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    the word damp... replace it with moist?

i think a lot of people actually feel the opposite haha
    so many people i know hate the word "moist"

anyways the only word that comes to mind is "gamedev" - why not just use the word "romhacking" instead?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'll get some flack for saying this but genwunner. The pun is just so lame, and triggers me to picture a bully in school who can't spell his own name making the shape of the letter G with his fingers going, "Doy, day, duh, loser u a genwunner haha! Yea I'm gunna kick your ass!"

The word genwunner is also almost never used in the context it is supposed to be for, somebody who has a very narrow experience of Pokemon, restricted to the first generation, and is generally unfamiliar with or hostile to anything outside of the 150 Pokemon they grew up with.

If someone makes a criticism of a pokemon game that you like that is not the same thing, but from my experience that is usually the time when the word gets tossed around around defensively. Its just a name to call in an attempt to shut down conversation and discourse because you don't like what someone said I.e Genwunner Alert! Ironically, you are demonstrating the closed-minded mentality you project onto the "genwunner."

Back