• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Disappointing Evolutions

pkmin3033

Any Pokemon that goes from being a quadruped to a biped, honestly. I'm pretty fed up with them turning animals into furry bait. Can you just...stick to the theme, please? Things like Incineroar really bug the hell out of me.

Years
  • Ambipom is really underwhelming for a cross-generational evolution (oh look, it has two tails now!). Same with Tangrowth- it just turns into a bigger blob of vines with two-hand like ones.

I'm also a bit disappointed with Perrserker. If they want to keep doing regional Meowth, why not go with another regional Persian, too? Instead, Perrserker doesn't look all that different from Galarian Meowth, aside from some different fur patterns.

ARSOO_95

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2020
    I don't have much of a problem with the last ones you mentioned, but finally someone shares my hatred of Rhyperior. Most Pokémon designs I can get behind, there aren't many of them that I genuinely dislike. I like Garbodor, Vanilluxe, all the weird ones. I like a lot of the Gen 4 evos, and I've even kind of come around to Magmortar. But Rhyperior is a sin. Rhydon has this cool dinosaur/kaiju-thing going on, and for some reason they decided to evolve it into some kind of obese troll creature with a bunch of rocks just sort of glued onto its weird body. I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't for the fact that Rhydon is so cool, but here we are. Rhyperior is garbage, and it might actually be the only Pokémon design that I truly, genuinely despise.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I can never really sit well with Brionne, and to some extent, Primarina. Not sure what I expected from Popplio, but let's just say I wasn't too excited to find out it would eventually turn into a mermaid. I'm still not completely okay with their designs. Brionne's, especially, is a sin.

Remember when Incineroar and Cinderace were leaked and we all thought they would be Fire/Fighting-types? Good times... Incineroar I'm fine with, but Cinderace kinda looks too much like a middle evolution to me. It's probably its arms looking chubby.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I can never really sit well with Brionne, and to some extent, Primarina. Not sure what I expected from Popplio, but let's just say I wasn't too excited to find out it would eventually turn into a mermaid. I'm still not completely okay with their designs. Brionne's, especially, is a sin.

I COMPLETELY agree with Brionne. Not really though with Primarina because that one is one of my favourites but the middle form... ugh. I just can't stand it. I think it looks more like a rejected mascot from some educational kid's game than a mon. It a shame, because I used to like it when it was originally revealed...

Back