• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st ORAS OU team

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So with ORAS out I thought I'd try and take a shot at ORAS OU, so made a team for it. It's doing ok so far, but obviously it could use some improvement because when do I ever make good teams lol.

Mandibuzz_XY.gif

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Overcoat
    EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Defog
    - Roost
    - Whirlwind
    - Foul Play

Provides hazard removal, phazing support, and resists Ghost and Dark and is immune to Ground, which sounds like good things things to have when the next member is....

mega_metagross_by_phatmon66-d7q3q48.png

Mega Metagrossu @ Metagrossite
    Ability: Tough Claws
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Meteor Mash
    - Zen Headbutt
    - ThunderPunch
    - Earthquake

While base 110 Speed is nice I'm not sure what Mega Metagrossu needs a +Speed nature for (feel free to correct me), and while base 145 Attack is also nice, I feel like it needs moar. Thunder Punch because **** Slowbro and bulky Water types (and Smogon recommending Grass Knot is bizarre to me).

Mamoswine_XY.png

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Oblivious
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Crash

Basically guaranteed SR set-up at the start of the match. Ice Shard is also nice to have because I'm sure Mega Sceptile and Mega Mence are gonna be popular. Lotta people don't seem to expect this one either; lotta people try using Taunt on it.

Keldeo_Resolute_Forme_XY.gif

Keldeo-Resolute @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Scald
    - Calm Mind
    - Secret Sword
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]

Set-up sweeper wallbreaker pony thing. Idk if HP Ghost is normal or not, but I threw that on there because I don't need Mega Slowbro wallin' my ass.

Sylveon_XY.gif

Sylveon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pixilate
    EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Hyper Voice
    - Heal Bell
    - Wish
    - Protect

Because getting statused sucks.

Heatran_XY.gif

Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Ancient Power

It's kinda hard to not use Heatran, when it has a nice bunch of resistances and immunities and Fire STAB is useful. Dragon Pulse is for Dragons that like to wall Heatran's other moves, Ancient Power works off of Heatran's better offensive stat and still deals a hefty chunk to Mega Zard Y and Talonflame, particularly Bulk Up Talonflames.

.....So, there it is. I'm sure that there's something wrong with the team, so help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Even though Grass Knot is a weird choice on Mega Metagross, it's actually valid because it's boosted by Tough Claws. It still OHKOs (Mega) Swampert and has a good shot of KOing Mega Slowbro even with a Jolly nature.

Last edited:
    Back