• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Great Tenkaichi

What battle screen do you prefer? [i](Please read the new battle screen description before voting.)[

• New battle screen ([url=https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9751247#post9751247]described

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Classic Pokemon battle screen

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LorisC

Nothing is real, everything is permitted!
Years
Nice,

Here's another line of feedback:
- Super Ribrianne should be a mega
- Frost has in theorie all Freeza's prior forms. Maybe a small recolor on Freeza's forms can be done. Also you forgot the "100% Full Power" form. Frost has show to have this in the anime.
- The evolution order from Kale is a bit wrong:
- - Berserker Super Saiyan was first (I would recommand to use this as a mega for her base & 1st form)
- - Super Saiyan (perfect energy control), use this as first form
- - True Legendary Super Saiyan, use this as 2th form

Other ideas
- Botamo & Auta Megatta should have some kind of interaction mechanic like was show in the anime (like that Botamo would block incomming hits that where used for Auta Megatta). However an move could solve this as well and expand it to other fighters.

Regarding Super Ribrianne, it isn't a bad idea to use a mega evolution. The mega stone could be something held but the other girls to reflect the fact that ribrianne transforms into the super form with her comrades' intervention.
Technically frost should have the 2nd form, but I'm not sure if I want to completely invent it just to add an intermediate evolution. The 100% form will be a mega evolution of its perfect form just like frieza, I'll add it.
Regarding Kale, if we follow the order of appearance, you're right, but not in terms of power. The perfect energy control is actually weaker than the berserker form, you can check that when kale and caulifla eliminated some of the pride troopers, she used the berserker form as a power up from the energy control one. A mega evolution will make the true legendary ssj be the evolution from the energy control one, but that wouldn't be accurate, because the true legendary ssj is the result of the perfect control over the berserker form,for that reason the berserker form must be a regular evolution.

I was also thinking to insert something for Bota Magetta, but I dropped the idea because I haven't found a good picture of them. Also, I fear that they'd be too op in a pokemon like game, they'd be practically invulnerable to everything... We'll see!

Thanks for the feedbacks!

Also, I'll have to balance all the fighters giving stats to them, and the process in itself is very simple, it's a text edit that can be done with every text editor program. I was thinking to upload the text file and ask everyone who wants to give stats to even a few of them, that way the entire process could potentially become a lot faster.
would you be interested?

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
Added the remaining fighters from the last 2 universes:

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
Some new fighters to complete the Galactic Frieza Army:
Galactic Frieza Army
Spoiler:

and the rest of the family:
King Cold - Chilled
Spoiler:

[/spoiler][/div]

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
Added some fighters to complete half-done groups:
Androids

Saiyan Army
Spoiler:

And started to include Movie enemies:
Movie Villains
Spoiler:

The plans are to finish adding fighters to close these groups I started and, after that, the balancing step starts!

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
Added some fighters to complete half-done groups:
Androids

Saiyan Army
Spoiler:

And started to include Movie enemies:
Movie Villains
Spoiler:

The plans are to finish adding fighters to close these groups I started and, after that, the balancing step starts!

Finished Movie Characters:
Movie Characters
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
Regarding Super Ribrianne, it isn't a bad idea to use a mega evolution. The mega stone could be something held but the other girls to reflect the fact that ribrianne transforms into the super form with her comrades' intervention.
Technically frost should have the 2nd form, but I'm not sure if I want to completely invent it just to add an intermediate evolution. The 100% form will be a mega evolution of its perfect form just like frieza, I'll add it.
Regarding Kale, if we follow the order of appearance, you're right, but not in terms of power. The perfect energy control is actually weaker than the berserker form, you can check that when kale and caulifla eliminated some of the pride troopers, she used the berserker form as a power up from the energy control one. A mega evolution will make the true legendary ssj be the evolution from the energy control one, but that wouldn't be accurate, because the true legendary ssj is the result of the perfect control over the berserker form,for that reason the berserker form must be a regular evolution.

I was also thinking to insert something for Bota Magetta, but I dropped the idea because I haven't found a good picture of them. Also, I fear that they'd be too op in a pokemon like game, they'd be practically invulnerable to everything... We'll see!

Thanks for the feedbacks!

Also, I'll have to balance all the fighters giving stats to them, and the process in itself is very simple, it's a text edit that can be done with every text editor program. I was thinking to upload the text file and ask everyone who wants to give stats to even a few of them, that way the entire process could potentially become a lot faster.
would you be interested?
Now Super Ribrianne is a mega. But what about "Giant Super Ribrianne battle avatar". Basicly a giant form of her super form. What I did notice with this form however is that she transformed in this form from her base form. So this mega form on her base form?

For Kayle what you can do if this mechanic is possible is to make her beserk a mega form. She evolve into her legendary ssj form when she levelsup in het mega form after reach a specific level. It could be an unique way to evolve her.

I wouldn't mind helping you out with adding the stats. I do recommand to post an list first in what order you are planning to make the fighters obtainable:
- Starting fighters
- Early Encounter fighters/Early route fighters
- Average fighters
- Semi-Pseudo fighters
- Pseudo-legendary fighters
- Legendary fighters
- Mythical fighters

LorisC

Years
Now Super Ribrianne is a mega. But what about "Giant Super Ribrianne battle avatar". Basicly a giant form of her super form. What I did notice with this form however is that she transformed in this form from her base form. So this mega form on her base form?

For Kayle what you can do if this mechanic is possible is to make her beserk a mega form. She evolve into her legendary ssj form when she levelsup in het mega form after reach a specific level. It could be an unique way to evolve her.

I wouldn't mind helping you out with adding the stats. I do recommand to post an list first in what order you are planning to make the fighters obtainable:
- Starting fighters
- Average fighters
- Semi-Pseudo fighters
- Legendary fighters
- Mythical fighters

Regarding the giant super ribrianne, I still haven't planned what to do... For now it's better if I proceed to balance the ones that are already included, otherwise I'll never release anything! Eheh

The evolution from the mega evolution for Kale can be interesting, but I don't know if it's possible, it depends on how pokemon essentials handles mega evolutions, I need to check some things.
If it'll be possible, I like the idea!

I'll also try to write down the list you said, it'll be useful!

LorisC

Years
Something random, I found out a cool fan fusion you maybe can use as a bonus character or something. it's called Brorale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JCpQrF3eHs

It was difficult to find a full body image. But I found one with animation on it:

For new there isn't Arale, do the fusion would be unobtainable, anyway, when she'll be added, we can include the fusion too.

Thanks for your help.

LorisC

Years
True, it's an Interesting website!
It can be used to generate starting images to to not start every time from scratch if a particular fusion image is needed (Reguldo for example! I already included him, but I don't like the image!)

Another interesting thing can be Dragon Ball: Fusions, all kinds of fusions are possible with that game, and we can use those fusions as starting points to create usable sprites for the game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
True, it's an Interesting website!
It can be used to generate starting images to to not start every time from scratch if a particular fusion image is needed (Reguldo for example! I already included him, but I don't like the image!)

Another interesting thing can be Dragon Ball: Fusions, all kinds of fusions are possible with that game, and we can use those fusions as starting points to create usable sprites for the game.
The quality of the image isn't that good tho. Maybe it would be better to recruit an artist for this. Their a lot of pokémon artist that do this sort of thing. Maybe you can ask one of them is they want to make some. An example of an artist that does this:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3upHb_B2T7p8f_9J7fYPEQ

LorisC

Years
The quality of the image isn't that good tho. Maybe it would be better to recruit an artist for this. Their a lot of pokémon artist that do this sort of thing. Maybe you can ask one of them is they want to make some. An example of an artist that does this:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3upHb_B2T7p8f_9J7fYPEQ

Exactly, that's why I said the result of the website can be used as a starting point.
For now the plans are to use the already included ones for the first release, so the problem to find new usable images can be faced at a later time.

I need to give everyone an update!
I checked some things and, in the maps I said I found some time ago, there are several problems due to the fact that they were made with old versions of Pokemon Essentials, it'd be too time consuming to fix them all, it's definitely better to create new maps from scratch.
Said that, I still have to decide if it's better to release a sort of "try some features" demo version with a few maps and no real story for the ones who wants to see how things can look like or not.

LorisC

Years
Added a fighter I forgot to add:
CZF884w.png

jOReQqW.png

Now I'm fixing some fighter entries, after that I'll post it to see if I can find someone who want to help with the stats!

LorisC

Years

- Starting fighters
- Average fighters
- Semi-Pseudo fighters
- Legendary fighters
- Mythical fighters

Quick update! I managed to create a proper way to evolve from mega evolutions, so kale will definitely use this mechanic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More or less I have finished to fix things up, now it's time to give stats!
Tomorrow I'll post the list I said and I'll explain what to do for everyone who wants to help.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
I was thinking about how evolve Ribrianne to her Avatar form and I might have found a solution (if this mechanic would be possible):

Ribrianne > Lovely Love, Love Ribrianne/Avatar Ribrianne (evolution with maximum happiness) , ((in mega))

I think it would be a nice way to get happiness involved in these characters. A lot of their moves power could be based on their happiness as well. Something like:

Friendship/Happiness range = 0 - 255

Heart Arrow of Love: Base Power [50+(0.2*Friendship)]

or even more advanced:

Heart Arrow of Love: Base Power [ 50 + (0.5 * ( Friendship - ( Target Friendship / 2 ) ) ) ]
- Example: You have 255 friendship, target has only 100 friendship
- - 50+(0.5* (255 - ( 100 / 2 ) ) ) = ~153
- Example: You have 200 friendship, target has 255 friendship
- - 50+(0.5* (200 - ( 255 / 2 ) ) ) = ~86
- Example: You have 100 friendship, target has 255 friendship
- - 50+(0.5* (100 - ( 255 / 2 ) ) ) = ~36
- Example: You have 120 friendship, target has 120 friendship
- - 50+(0.5* (120 - ( 120 / 2 ) ) ) = ~80
- Example: You have 255 friendship, target has 255 friendship
- - 50+(0.5* (120 - ( 120 / 2 ) ) ) = ~114
- Example: You have 1 friendship, target has 255 friendship
- - 50+(0.5* (1 - ( 255 / 2 ) ) ) = ~-13

It could make this type of character very unique and usefull in some type of situations. To ballance it out you can introduce moves and character that deal damage the opposite way. Some examples:
- Majin Vegeta - Dark Impact (move)
- Majin Vegeta - Demonic Rush (move)
- Evil Fire (move), weaker version of Evil Flame
- Demon King Dabura - Evil Flame (move)
- Demon King Dabura - Evil Impulse (move)
- Lord Slug - Darkness Blaster (move)
- Darkness Eye Beam (move)
- Demon King Dabura - Darkness Sword Attack (move)
- Lord Slug - Darkness Twin Star (move)
- Evil Comet (move)
- Evil Gravity (move)
- Evil Quasar (move)
- Demon King Dabura - Evil Spear (move)
- Goku - Mad Meteor Smash (move), also named "Now I'm Really Mad!" move
- Gohan - Gekiretsu Madan (move)
- Spopovich - Mad Banquet (move)
- Super Buu - Mad Kill Dive (move)
- <Evil Energy Rings> Deal increased damage to high happyness targets
- - Energy Rings
- - Kill Driver
- Freeza - Killer Ball (move)
- Super Mega Cannon Sigma - Killer Driller Attack (move)
- Killer Machine Gun (move)
- Lord Slug - Power of Darkness (move)
- Dark Eyes (move)
- Omega Shenron - Dragonic Rage (move)
- Powering Rage (move), defensive evil move
- Gohan - Quiet Rage
- <Barrage techniques>
etc...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
Also for adding the stats may I suggest to keep track of the data using js. The reason for that is that it will become a lot easyier to rebuild the stats in the future and possible generate guides or wikia data for it. Here's a small example:

Code:
ignoreCaps = (string1, string2) => string1.toUpperCase() === string2.toUpperCase() ? string2 : "";
data = {
  fighters: {
    categories: ["Starting", "Early", "Average", "Semi-Pseudo", "Pseudo-legendary", "Legendary", "Mythical"],
    stats: ["hp", "atk", "def", "spd", "satk", "sdef"],
    content: {}
  }
};
addFighter = (name, category, hp, atk, def, spd, satk, sdef) => {
  data.fighters.content[name] = {};
  data.fighters.content[name].name = name;
  data.fighters.content[name].category = (() => {
    var e;
    for (e in data.fighters.categories) {
      e = ignoreCaps(category, data.fighters.categories[e]);
      if (e != "") return ignoreCaps(category, e);
    }
    if (e === "") return "Unknown";
  })();
  data.fighters.content[name].stat = {};
  data.fighters.content[name].stat.hp = hp
  data.fighters.content[name].stat.atk = atk
  data.fighters.content[name].stat.def = def
  data.fighters.content[name].stat.spd = spd
  data.fighters.content[name].stat.satk = satk
  data.fighters.content[name].stat.sdef = sdef
};

When the "addFighter" function is compleetly setup the data can be added with one simple line. Currently that's:

Code:
addFighter("Kid Goku", "Starting", 45, 49, 49, 45, 65, 65);

With all the data stored in a object you can convert it pretty much to anything. Here's a conversion function that alerts part of the pokémon essentials data:

Code:
printFighter = (name) => {
  var esName = "Name=" + data.fighters.content[name].name;
  //InternalName=BULBASAUR
  //Type1=GRASS
  //Type2=POISON
  var esStats = "BaseStats=";
  for (var i in data.fighters.stats) {
    var stat = data.fighters.stats[i];
    esStats += data.fighters.content[name].stat[stat];
    if (i != data.fighters.stats.length - 1) esStats += ",";
  }
  alert(esName + "\n" + "InternalName=BULBASAUR" + "\n" + "Type1=GRASS" + "\n" + "Type2=POISON" + "\n" + esStats);
};

When the "printFighter" function is compleetly setup the data can be printed with one simple line. Currently that's:

Code:
printFighter("Kid Goku");

Right now it alert the following content:

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Name=Kid Goku
InternalName=BULBASAUR
Type1=GRASS
Type2=POISON
BaseStats=45,49,49,45,65,65[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Last edited:

LorisC

Years
I was thinking about how evolve Ribrianne to her Avatar form and I might have found a solution (if this mechanic would be possible):

Ribrianne > Lovely Love, Love Ribrianne/Avatar Ribrianne (evolution with maximum happiness) , ((in mega))

I think it would be a nice way to get happiness involved in these characters. A lot of their moves power could be based on their happiness as well. Something like:

Friendship/Happiness range = 0 - 255

Heart Arrow of Love: Base Power [50+(0.2*Friendship)]

or even more advanced:

Heart Arrow of Love: Base Power [ 50 + (0.5 * ( Friendship - ( Target Friendship / 2 ) ) ) ]
- Example: You have 255 friendship, target has only 100 friendship
- - 50+(0.5* (255 - ( 100 / 2 ) ) ) = ~153
- Example: You have 200 friendship, target has 255 friendship
- - 50+(0.5* (200 - ( 255 / 2 ) ) ) = ~86
- Example: You have 100 friendship, target has 255 friendship
- - 50+(0.5* (100 - ( 255 / 2 ) ) ) = ~36
- Example: You have 120 friendship, target has 120 friendship
- - 50+(0.5* (120 - ( 120 / 2 ) ) ) = ~80
- Example: You have 255 friendship, target has 255 friendship
- - 50+(0.5* (120 - ( 120 / 2 ) ) ) = ~114
- Example: You have 1 friendship, target has 255 friendship
- - 50+(0.5* (1 - ( 255 / 2 ) ) ) = ~-13

It could make this type of character very unique and usefull in some type of situations. To ballance it out you can introduce moves and character that deal damage the opposite way. Some examples:
- Majin Vegeta - Dark Impact (move)
- Majin Vegeta - Demonic Rush (move)
- Evil Fire (move), weaker version of Evil Flame
- Demon King Dabura - Evil Flame (move)
- Demon King Dabura - Evil Impulse (move)
- Lord Slug - Darkness Blaster (move)
- Darkness Eye Beam (move)
- Demon King Dabura - Darkness Sword Attack (move)
- Lord Slug - Darkness Twin Star (move)
- Evil Comet (move)
- Evil Gravity (move)
- Evil Quasar (move)
- Demon King Dabura - Evil Spear (move)
- Goku - Mad Meteor Smash (move), also named "Now I'm Really Mad!" move
- Gohan - Gekiretsu Madan (move)
- Spopovich - Mad Banquet (move)
- Super Buu - Mad Kill Dive (move)
- <Evil Energy Rings> Deal increased damage to high happyness targets
- - Energy Rings
- - Kill Driver
- Freeza - Killer Ball (move)
- Super Mega Cannon Sigma - Killer Driller Attack (move)
- Killer Machine Gun (move)
- Lord Slug - Power of Darkness (move)
- Dark Eyes (move)
- Omega Shenron - Dragonic Rage (move)
- Powering Rage (move), defensive evil move
- Gohan - Quiet Rage
- <Barrage techniques>
etc...

There's a big problem with that; All the fighters the in-game trainers use have happiness=0, so using happiness in formulas isn't so recommended!

Last edited:
Back