• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Banned from Discord server for no reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Not entirely sure where to direct this one. I've been on PC for 8 years now, love this place. Joined the Discord server a while ago but I wasn't very active on it so I deleted it from my client in a cleanup of my servers. Then, today, I rejoined and was insta-kicked before I could even do anything. I rejoined again, and now I'm not able to rejoin at all. Think I'm banned. Not sure why, since I didn't even type a single thing in chat yet, and I just want to be part of the community? If a Discord mod can shed some light on what I've done, I'd greatly appreciate it.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Not entirely sure where to direct this one. I've been on PC for 8 years now, love this place. Joined the Discord server a while ago but I wasn't very active on it so I deleted it from my client in a cleanup of my servers. Then, today, I rejoined and was insta-kicked before I could even do anything. I rejoined again, and now I'm not able to rejoin at all. Think I'm banned. Not sure why, since I didn't even type a single thing in chat yet, and I just want to be part of the community? If a Discord mod can shed some light on what I've done, I'd greatly appreciate it.

paging some discordia staff for you:

McCree said:
Rainbow said:
Cloyster said:
Hands said:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Oh. So that was you, I'm sorry.
You joined with the username "Rainbow", which immediately made me think you were a troll, as we have had numerous instances of users joining with the names of staff members and attempting to impersonate them - this is something we have to deal with quite frequently, and this is the first false positive.
If you wouldn't mind changing your username to RainbowNebula or some other variant and letting me know when you've, I'll go ahead and unban you.

Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Oh. So that was you, I'm sorry.
You joined with the username "Rainbow", which immediately made me think you were a troll, as we have had numerous instances of users joining with the names of staff members and attempting to impersonate them - this is something we have to deal with quite frequently, and this is the first false positive.
If you wouldn't mind changing your username to RainbowNebula or some other variant and letting me know when you've, I'll go ahead and unban you.

Ah! No worries, just wondered what I could've possibly done without speaking to warrant a permaban. Would it be possible for me to keep Rainbow as my discord name but just change my nickname in the PC server to RainbowNebula when I'm back?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Ah! No worries, just wondered what I could've possibly done without speaking to warrant a permaban. Would it be possible for me to keep Rainbow as my discord name but just change my nickname in the PC server to RainbowNebula when I'm back?
If you want to, but by the nature of how discord pings pick usernames you will probably get frequent accidental pings meant for me. That's happened before with similarly named users.

unbanned.

Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
If you want to, but by the nature of how discord pings pick usernames you will probably get frequent accidental pings meant for me. That's happened before with similarly named users.

unbanned.

Yeah, I don't mind. Hope I don't cause too much trouble for you. Thanks, this thread can be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back