• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saddest episode

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    'Pikachu's Good-bye' is mine! I thought it was sad, especially when he was sitting by that fire and was having flashbacks. :(

Last edited:

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
  • Bulbasaur the ambassedor! I've never cried watching a pokemon episode, but those fading memories were too much :'(

Shelz4U

Banned
    Years
  • 'Pokemon First Movie'

Thats not a show but who cares.I never cried during it but It was kind of sad when Pikachu was trying to revive Ash at the end.And it was Also said when Pikachu was getting slapped by the other pikachu and he was trying not to fight but then he got hurt...

:(

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Pikachu's goodbye...definitely!

evwn now, whenever I hear "the time has come", I feel al emotional, ya know?

PKMN_grl

Obsession Hunter
    Years
  • The saddest episodes I've seen are Pikachu's Goodbye, Bulbasaur the Ambassador, Meowth Rules, and I think Goodbye Butterfree.

Psyduck

Buy Pokemon Stuff on Ebay
    Years
  • I have cried 4 or 5 times, but I don't remember all the episodes. You all have listed some of them so far. I also came close to crying a few other times.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
  • Only thing to make me tear up from Pok?mon is the ending of the Pok?mon movies like the credits lol. But for the episodes I never cried on any but you can tell what ones are sad. Saddest one would have to be "Bye Bye Butterfree" in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    (This wasn't really an episode, but ah well..)

On our 'Mewtwo Returns' DVD, it has a little short thing that told about when Mewtwo was younger. I actually cried whenever the little girl on there, Amber, died... It was so sad. :(

Last edited:

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • Bye Bye Butterfree and Pikachus Goodbye are definatly the sadest episodes! its sad when butterfree slowly leaves and Ash and Pikachu are bawling, and its sad in Pikachus Goodbye when you see the flashbacks of Pikachu and the song is sad...

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • "The Story of Mewtwo's Origin" was very sad. Especially the part where Amber said goodbye to little Mewtwo, while she was dying.
    Amber: Thank you for carring about me... And don't cry Mewtwo. You should be happy. You're alive and live is wonderfull..... *echoes* (Amber disappears)
    It was like my heart stopped for a few seconds.

Years
  • Lets see..
    When ash like died in the first movie! i cried so much i almost had to leave the theatre!
    and
    Just waiting on a friend, so sad...
    Pikachu's Good-bye,
    and byebye butterfree....

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Unown_ said:
    "The Story of Mewtwo's Origin" was very sad. Especially the part where Amber said goodbye to little Mewtwo, while she was dying.

It was like my heart stopped for a few seconds.
    Ahh, that's it! T-T I hardly ever cry during any kind of show, except when things die. I even cried when Godzilla died on that movie. O_o I just hate seeing death...

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • I agree! when Ash "dies" in the first movie its really sad...and when Celibi died was sad too! (even though Celebi looked like a raisen)

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
    Years
  • Mewtwo's Origin....when I first saw the pictures and read the synposis on Pokemon Forever...this is back in the DAY, let me tell you, but...yeah, pretty sad.

The only episode that had any sort of saddening effect on me was Pikachu's Goodbye. At the time, of course...now I think they should all die. Horribly.

Jinona

Queen of Irror
    Years
  • I can't name all of the episodes but a few of them made me start tearing up like the episode were Ash leaves his Charizard and the one were those horrid team rockets stole that adorable baby Lugia from its mom. I almost always tear up when Lugia is sad defeated or enraged at some thing thats how much I love Lugia. and I actualy cried at the end of Pokemon Forever when Celebi dies and in the first movie when ash is turned to stone and the Pokemon cry for him those are all realy sad.

ash_misty4ever

We should be lovers....
    Years
  • the saddest episode is next week! I will cry my tiny little heart out! then i will run to my japanese dictonary and write a letter! any way i cried when squirtle left and i didnt cry in pikachus goodbye but that is one of the saddest ones!

Back