• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: “Pokémon: I Choose You!” gets international release date

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    To me, I choose You movie is a failure because they basically redo episode 1 but made it longer and added a bit more to it.

I actually like Heroes and 4ever and think they are better. I prefer the previous pokemon movies.

Feel free to like the movie. I am stating my opinion on it. Agree to disagree.

Actually, I'm not fond of Movie 20, either, largely because they removed Misty and Brock from the main cast, and relegated Gary to a pointless cameo, and overall was a complete and total mess of a plotline. And I can name a few retellings that were a LOT better done, like Path to Power for Dragon Ball, which also was a movie made for that franchise's anniversary event.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Actually, I'm not fond of Movie 20, either, largely because they removed Misty and Brock from the main cast, and relegated Gary to a pointless cameo, and overall was a complete and total mess of a plotline. And I can name a few retellings that were a LOT better done, like Path to Power for Dragon Ball, which also was a movie made for that franchise's anniversary event.
    The movie wasn't canon to the anime. Explains why Misty and Brock did not appear in movie but is appearing in the anime.

Last edited:

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    The thought that they chose to make Ash meet Ho-Oh in an alternate timeline, and said meeting didn't add much to the first episode, makes my skin crawl. Way to throw that potential down the toilet. An alternate timeline would only be interesting if they had enough time (at least two movies) to build the story anew, and even then the character changes would be pointless.

This is a movie that I'll love to watch (subbed) to hate it more, but I won't pay a dime for it. That said, it is the only movie since 2005 that I'd call interesting, but not in a good way.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    RIP, we don't have Event Cinemas in Melbourne. Hoping another cinema company shows them here, it's just us and Tassie that don't have Event Cinemas

Don't worry we're not missing out. I looked and I noticed Village cinema (one of our mainstream theatres) is now being listed as airing it in Melbourne.

Also this is from Village own website.
    http://villagecinemas.com.au/movies/pokemon-i-choose-you

I'm really looking forwards to this.

Last edited:

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • It's coming to my town but I'm not sure if I'm going to go since I find most of the later films to be pretty rubbish from Gen 5.

Years
  • It's coming to my town but I'm not sure if I'm going to go since I find most of the later films to be pretty rubbish from Gen 5.

It doesn't seem to be complete trash in Japan. This movie is making as much money as the Victini movies, and definitely way more than the XY movies which were a huge flop in Japan.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I am not watching it. All movies from gen 1 to gen 6 are far better. A shame Marshadow had to suffer by being a part of this movie. It deserves a better movie.

Back