• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon: Pure Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2012
Well thanks but you can hardly see anything of the maps from those ingame shots. If I get a mapper, I'm going to have he/she redo them to make them a bit better.

@jazzyman592
Well I would love to have you test it. Once I get up to the third city (maybe first gym) I will be releasing another alpha of the game. I say another because I did release a first one but nobody ever go it. It's at pokemonps.webs.com. It's not a very good alpha since all it was a test for maps. No pokemon/trainers or a storyline. That's why I never made an effort to make an IPS patch of it for here.

Hey just wanted to say that alot more things working better. Programming looking good. However for some reason my advance map warps are connecting to other warps instead of the ones with the same number. Or it is warping it somewhere else on the map.

And I am thinking about making a short video of the gameplay so far. Would you guys think it's worth it for it so far. I mean you guys would see a rival, rival battle, rival father, and some storyline, and four maps, perhaps 5 if I can get the other one in the map rating thread rated.
In an attempt in making the game better I had to take a few steps back.

In other words I had to transfer all maps to a new ips tileset rom.
But not to worry once all maps are remade I only have to burn everything back in then. I still have all the needed scripts. Plus it gave me time to impove a few more maps and correct errors. So once this is done I will post new screenshots.
Also thanks to

Kyledove Tiles
by Christos

from pho
Hey sorry for no posts for awhile. This week has been heck. Leaving me with not much time.
I still haven't re-entered all the scripts yet. But I am adding a few new ones. Ones that I feel are making the hack have a 20% improvement in story. Once I enter a few more scripts, I will put in the old ones. Then I post a video of the first part of the game.

Also I have cool side quest idea that you will see after the first gym. Also I will remember to post the new screenshots.

EDIT: here are the new screens with the new tileset.
screen1f.jpg
screen2viu.jpg
screen3c.jpg
screen4u.jpg

Last edited:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
This looks promising!! I can't wait to play it when the betas come out/when it's done. ^^ Good luck!!

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2012
Good news most old scripts are in. Better yet I had become more organize with my flags!Lol Well It was hard to keep track of all the flags. Well once I add in one more starting event (which features an old crystal version character.) I will move on to the last script events. After which I will make a video of the beginning of the game. Which with the slight chances I've made may actually make the game look a bit better. (yeah, since we want good gameplay right?)

Years
  • Seen May 25, 2016
I like the storyline and sounds like a promising hack. Also if you need help with inserting the Shadow Sprites I can help you with that, if you need help that is.

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2012
I like the storyline and sounds like a promising hack. Also if you need help with inserting the Shadow Sprites I can help you with that, if you need help that is.

Actually i will need help with that. When I get to the spot where the pokes are needed to be in I'll give ya a pm.

yadayada

Pokemon Echoes Is Coming soon
Years
Team:
OW spriter: open (urgent)<---I can do that for you... but i am not on this site much, so just pm me if i get the job :o
Trainer battle image spriter: open (urgent)
Tile Maker: open
Tile inserter: G1R4T1N4

EDIT: nvm, I will not be that inactive :)
but right now I am working on pokemon Zephyr DS and lightning yellow DS... so i might be a tad slow

Last edited:

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2012
Thank you all for saying you would like to help. Please pm me and we will talk about the details for helping.

As for lack of posts and updates well....sorry.
I got so angry at a code that I needed to take a rest from it. But that rest was too long and addicting *cough*americas army*cough*. But I am now back to recoding that one script. So far it is working good. Once it works how I like I will post more screenshots.

Depending if pokescript gives me more problems I may switch over to XSE. It seems cooler and easier to use. But this will only happen unless I get more problems or somebody can explain to me why it is better.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2015
progress

Thank you all for saying you would like to help. Please pm me and we will talk about the details for helping.

As for lack of posts and updates well....sorry.
I got so angry at a code that I needed to take a rest from it. But that rest was too long and addicting *cough*americas army*cough*. But I am now back to recoding that one script. So far it is working good. Once it works how I like I will post more screenshots.

Depending if pokescript gives me more problems I may switch over to XSE. It seems cooler and easier to use. But this will only happen unless I get more problems or somebody can explain to me why it is better.

i love shadow pokemon, y isnt this out yey :( also the easiest scripter is pksv-ui,
it can literally make the scripts for you

Years
ChMorto, please don't post in threads that are older than a month. This is a two-year revival :( Be sure to check the date of the last valid post in a thread- if the date is over a month ago, don't post in the thread.

Given that the OP hasn't posted here in two years, I'm closing this. Bigboy, if you return with your hack, you may as well post a new thread, seeing as this one has gone old anyway :)

Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back