• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen It's not always Black and White

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So let's say you had the power to rename the games (BW and B2W2). If you absolutely had to rename them what would you change their names to and why? :)

Years
  • I'm with Cutiefly. I would have called it Truth & Ideals, or heck maybe even Yin & Yang since that's what Reshiram and Zekrom were based on.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • i dunno if it'd be as catchy as black and white, but I agree that truth and ideals would have been an interesting twist on the conventional naming scheme. i doubt we'll ever see those kind of names in a future game though.
    sequels: Pok?mon 2 Truths and 2 Ideals ???

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    i dunno if it'd be as catchy as black and white, but I agree that truth and ideals would have been an interesting twist on the conventional naming scheme. i doubt we'll ever see those kind of names in a future game though.
    sequels: Pok?mon 2 Truths and 2 Ideals ???

The Truths and The Ideals
    2 Truths 2 Ideals
    The Truths and the Ideals: Unova Drift
    Truths and Ideals
    Truths 5
    Truths and Ideals 6
    Ideals 7
    The Fate of the Ideals

...also for some reason the word Truth looks weird to me when I type it.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • The Truths and The Ideals
    2 Truths 2 Ideals
    The Truths and the Ideals: Unova Drift
    Truths and Ideals
    Truths 5
    Truths and Ideals 6
    Ideals 7
    The Fate of the Ideals

...also for some reason the word Truth looks weird to me when I type it.
    LMAO yes please

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I dunno those words seem too 'out there' and sound too spinoff-y.

The real words we are looking for are Pokemon Dark and Pokemon Light. BW had some dramas early on with people claiming racist etc, these names could possibly alleviate it. Then B2W2 would become Pokemon Dark Black and Pokemon Light White. Whatchy guys think??

Back