• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Dreams (Completed) - Version 1.5.1 now available

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm curious about this hack. Anyone finished a run with level scaling turned on? If so, how difficult was it from 1-10 if Radical Red is a 10?

Years
  • Beat the game. Was a lot of fun! I caught a lot of the legendaries, and +500 Pokémon, beat the E4 twice and beat all the post-game trainers in the first town.

Game design is really clever, congratulations! Really liked the Fakemon due to their stats, typings and movesets, they were very fun to use. Except for Feraligatr, my other 5 Pokémon were Fakemon. New Megas are also cool. And Dexnav helps a lot with Pokédex. All in all, a very nice game to play, enjoyed it a lot.

Xavior818

Dwebble the Webble
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2021
    Does anyone know of the mystery gift or the answer for the questionnaire?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    How can I go to submerged cavern? being around route 20 but can't find the entrance, I'm looking for thunderbolt tm

Years
  • This is a really great hack!

The region design is really pretty and fun to play in, with lots of sweet little aesthetic touches in it. There's a lot of fun fakemon designs mixed throughout, the story was well-written and engaging (and delightfully queer) and I can never say no to any hack that gives Dunsparce the attention that it deserves.

Years
  • Where can you get the HM for Waterfall? The TM/HM guide list says the Thicket Town Story, but I must have missed something. I talked to Beat on Route 7 after doing the Ruby Tower, and Hailey just says "let the authorities handle this". Should I be going somewhere else? You can't access Emerald Tower until you get Waterfall unless you just catch a Goldeen? I'm stuck.

Edit: I caught a Goldeen, but it doesn't have Waterfall in its movepool. I'm still stuck aaaa

Last edited:

Big Snort

Mope
    Years
  • Just finished the game, and had a few thoughts:

Auuuuuouosuosuosuoououauuauuoooooooo. This is one of THE most charming and delightful completed hacks I've played in a long while! The story and characters were actually very fun and engaging, and the fakemon were extremely cute! Gameplay-wise, it was also a very cool challenge- not super easy, but also not ridiculous in its difficulty- even during the hardest battles, it was still actually fun to play.

The world was fun to explore as well, ESPECIALLY for the dialogue. And of course;
    1031d1237f100e3b55cce84c3e31fd5cefa0e459.png

0941cf38560ff85991b80eab8efb4e4fe9ceac5c.png

nice

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Is there something wrong with Togepi? Kept soothe bell on him for a long time and he's now level 31 and still hasn't evolved. I doubt he hasn't hit max friendship yet, not with a soothe bell on him for 20+ levels and never fainting once.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I'm confused. I know that 844 Pokemon are in the game, but are all obtainable by the player?

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    I discovered this game by looking for rom hacks using CFRU.

Then I realized HMs were not usable as objects but only the old school way of learning it to a mon.
    It reduces team building way too much.
    It forces you to use a water special attacker, it forces you to have a HM slave that take a spot in the team, or eventually you just destroy movesets of your mons.

It feels really weird using CFRU for the awesome QoL that comes with it, while not having a replacement for HMs.
    Having HMs as objects is really one of the biggest QoL both in the main games and in fan games.

I'd probably still play the game at some point, but having this kind of QoL missing is a bit disapointing.
    Otherwise, your hack looks great, and aside from this issue, I'm sure I'll enjoy it !

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I discovered this game by looking for rom hacks using CFRU.

Then I realized HMs were not usable as objects but only the old school way of learning it to a mon.
    It reduces team building way too much.
    It forces you to use a water special attacker, it forces you to have a HM slave that take a spot in the team, or eventually you just destroy movesets of your mons.

It feels really weird using CFRU for the awesome QoL that comes with it, while not having a replacement for HMs.
    Having HMs as objects is really one of the biggest QoL both in the main games and in fan games.

I'd probably still play the game at some point, but having this kind of QoL missing is a bit disapointing.
    Otherwise, your hack looks great, and aside from this issue, I'm sure I'll enjoy it !

It is a great hack, but I agree. It also is lacking a way to reduce EV's and change abilities.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    Amazing hack, it's really great! Congratulations and thanks! Few things I would like to ask though: would there be a mega rayquaza at some point? How to get to the ruby generator or railway tunnel? I can't find the tm body slam either. Thank you!

Years
  • I realized HMs were not usable as objects but only the old school way of learning it to a mon.

Hate to say it, but this is the main reason why I stopped playing this game after defeating the Elite Four and the Champion. It was extremely annoying, being forced to use HM slaves and HM moves not modified made matters worse.

There are some more issues in the game:
    • The Pokédex shows Pokémon locations in Kanto map; a Solda region map should have implemented in the location screen.
    • You cannot change your Pokémon's nature upon catching. All of the other CFRU hacks gave me an alternative to modify the nature of my Pokémon.
    • You cannot modify your Pokémon's IVs and EVs in the summary screen. Hell, you cannot even see your Pokémon's IVs by letter in the summary screen; even in the non-CFRU hacks you can easily see how good the Pokémon's IVs are just by looking at the letters.

I played this game back in June this year and seriously, over the five months, my opinion hasn't changed. I don't want to stir the pot over the simplest of the details, especially when this is my first post, but I seriously don't like this game.

Last edited:
    Back