• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon White Team

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
  • This is the team I plan on putting together when I get Pokemon White. I've been out of Pokémon for a couple of years, and the last time I put together a competitive team was for gen 3. I've spent a lot of time during the last couple of months trying to learn as much as I can about the current metagame. If you think this team is terrible, please tell me, but please give me suggestions as to how I can make it better.

497.gif

#497 Serperior: Grass, Jolly, Overgrow, Item: Light Clay
    EVs: 252 HP / 26 SpD / 232 Spe
    Leech Seed
    Taunt
    Light Screen
    Reflect

My favorite starter from gen 5. A dual screen for DDtar.

248.gif

#248 Tyranitar: Rock/Dark, Jolly, Sandstream, Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Dragon Dance
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge

Replaces Krookodile. I don't know if I should bring Krookodile back as a replacement for someone else or just leave him off the team. I'll probably leave him off.

121.gif

#121 Starmie: Water/Psychic, Timid, Natural Cure, Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 252 SpA / 6 Sp D / 252 Spe
    Rapid Spin
    Recover
    Thunderbolt
    Surf

My Rapid Spinner.

609.gif

#609 Chandelure: Ghost/Fire, Timid, Flash Fire, Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Calm Mind
    Shadow Ball
    Flamethrower
    Energy Ball

My favorite Ghost Pokémon. I can't decide between Energy Ball and Hidden Power [Fighting].

567.gif

#567 Archeops: Rock/Flying, Jolly, Faint Hearted, Item: Flight Jewel
    Acrobatics
    Endeavor
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge

My favorite gen 5 Pokémon. I replaced Rock Slide with Stone Edge.

381.gif

#381 Latios: Dragon/Psychic, Levitate, Modest, Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Recover
    Psychic
    Dragon Pulse
    Calm Mind

My favorite Pokémon. Timid would be a better nature, but I don't have one with it.

I may have gone a little overboard with the Leftovers.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    comments in bold yo

This is the team I plan on putting together when I get Pokemon White. I selected my four favorite gen 4 Pokémon, as well as my second favorite Pokémon behind Latios, Rampardos. I've been out of Pokémon for a couple of years, and the last time I put together a competitive team was for gen 3. I've spent a lot of time during the last couple of months trying to learn as much as I can about the current metagame. One thing I prefer not to do is use legendaries, but I can be talked into using one if you think it will help my team. It's hard to have a balance of who are my favorites and what's good in battle. If you think this team is terrible, please tell me, but please give me suggestions as to how I can make it better.

Well, keep in mind that this is the competitive forum... meaning, we don't have any bias against using legendaries and they will probably be used against you or suggested at one point or another. We do have a ban list, though it's not just "legendaries" but simply Pokémon that are too powerful for the rest of them. You can find our ban list here.

Competitive Pokémon also use EVs. You can find a detailed explanation of those at like Serebii.

497.gif

#497 Serperior: Grass, Jolly, Overgrow, Item: Light Clay
    EVs: 252 HP / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
    Taunt
    Leech Seed
    Light Screen
    Reflect

My favorite starter from gen 5. I'm not sure if he works as a good lead.

Serperior's niche is using Leech Seed. Basically, if you're not doing that, then you're using an inferior version of something else. Otherwise, Serperior does alright as a dual-screen lead I'd suppose. EVs are for maximum bulk and speed.

553.gif

#553 Krookodile: Ground/Dark, Jolly, Moxie, Item: Choice Scarf
    Crunch
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Pursuit

I'm not sure on the item. I'm also not sure about Sandstorm and Dragon Claw. I don't know if I should use Intimidate as his ability instead.

Overconfidence outclasses Intimidate for the most part. Sandstorm and Dragon Claw also both are bad. If you want to use Sandstorm, bring a partystarter like Tyranitar or Hippowdon. I'm suggesting a Choice Scarf set since you seem to lack any way to deal with +1 anything with more speed than TTar. x_x

567.gif

#567 Archeops: Rock/Flying, Jolly, Faint Hearted, Item: Flight Jewel
    Acrobatics
    Endeavor
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake

My favorite gen 5 Pokémon. I don't know if I should use Endeavor. I had a hard time deciding between Rock Slide and Stone Edge.

I'm not really fond of this Pokémon at all because of how badly Stealth Rock maims it. If it switches in, eats SR, and then takes any kind of hit at all its basically dead weight on a team because it can't hit hard at all any more. Sure, Flight Jewel Acrobat is cool for one turn or whatever, but...

609.gif

#609 Chandelure: Ghost/Fire, Timid, Flash Fire, Item: Leftovers
    Calm Mind
    Shadow Ball
    Flamethrower
    Hidden Power [fighting]

My favorite Ghost Pokémon.

HP Fight is preferable but Energy Ball works I guess if you can't get that.

121.gif

#121 Starmie: Water/Psychic, Timid, Natural Cure, Item: Leftovers
    Recover
    Rapid Spin
    Thunderbolt
    Surf

If I went with my favorite Water type it would of been Feraligatr or Sharpedo, but I have too many glass cannons as it is. Rapid Spin would really help this team because of my Stealth Rock weakness, but I had a hard time finding room for it. I need Water, Electric, and Ice attacks, and going without Recover is a bad idea.

Starmie isn't the supernova that it was last gen. And yeah, you really do need to make room for Rapid Spin because otherwise SR and Spikes are going to eat your team alive. I'd run Rapid Spin over Ice Beam. Also, I'd ditch Expert Belt and run Leftovers. Adds to survivability, especially since you aren't looking for a "glass cannon" per se.

409.gif

#409 Rampardos: Rock, Mold Breaker, Adamant, Item: Focus Sash
    Zen Headbutt
    Earthquake
    Rock Polish
    Stone Edge

My favorite Pokémon not named Latios. It's probably a bad choice for a competitive team, but I really want to use it.

I had Absol on this team for awhile, the only one from my gen 3 team that I considered using again in gen 5. Not the same Absol.

asdlkfjsd Rampardos is really bad in this metagame. It loses to all of the things that are prominent: Fighting Pokémon, Ground Pokémon, Steel Pokémon... You can actually run Latios if you wanted...

Please help me.

Um, yeah. I'm not very good at all with picking out overall weaks but this team needs some real work if it wants to be remotely viable in this metagame. Also a note on Dual Screens like you have on Serperior... usually, the idea for those are that you set up a Pokémon with a move like Dragon Dance or Butterfly Dance, a move that increases Speed and an offense while they hit you with less-than-usual damage so that by the end you can just sweep them cleanly.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Thank you for the suggestions. I'll probably replace Rampardos with Latios, and I'll consider Tyranitar and Hippowdon. My team has a huge Fighting-type weakness.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • [ and QUOTE=Latios Master;6434944]Thank you for the suggestions. I'll probably replace Rampardos with Latios, and I'll consider Tyranitar and Hippowdon. My team has a huge Fighting-type weakness.[/QUOTE]
    If you're using Tyranitar or Hippowdon, you'll have to replace Krookodile/Waruvial's Sandstorm with something else. Pursuit is also an egg move on Krookodile, so I'd replace SS with Stone Edge. If you can't breed Pursuit on to Krookodile, you can use Outrage as a bit of a risky option (it and Krookodile's other moves get stronger if it KOs something thanks to Moxie).

Back