• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Loading a raw file(tilemap) on NTME

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    I can't load any raw file when I click "file" -> "open tilemap", it just says "the file is too big or too small to be a tilemap" whereas I created this tilemap with NTME itself !
    That's not normal, can you tell me how to load a tilemap ? Is there another tool, or a version of NTME that works well ?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    Nobody ? it's really annoying, I have to make the whole tilemap of the kanto world map whereas I just want to change some details.
    I will spend many hours whereas I could just load the original tilemap and change it. Guys, don't tell me NTME is not able to load a simple raw file ?!

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • What´s the size of your tilemap? Most of the time it happens because of incorrect size of the tilemap.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    overlord kaktus: I can't tell, I just dumped the raw of the kanto map in unlz, but I guess it's 240*160 (size of the gba screen)... you're probably right anyway, the problem is the size.
    But I just don't know what size NTME expects. Does it need the same size as the tileset (I don't think so) ? or a specific size handled by the tool (30*20 for example) ? I don't know what does it want.

NTME is quite old. Use Tilemap Creator instead: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=310007

Although your error might be because there's something wrong on your end.

Thanks for the tool. It didn't solve the problem because the kanto tilemap dumped from unlz doesn't have the same format, or there's something wrong with the size. Anyway, this tool could be useful in the future.

Back