• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Dark Void

Years
Hey,

I restarted my Crystal disassembly hack. I did decide to take a long break and lost my stuff oh well now I'm using git so things like that shouldn't work. Hack is also renamed to Dark Void.

This thread is about the normal Crystal story, I might change this hack to a story-line hack ROM later but that all depends on various things. This is just a way to play Generation II without the many bugs and disappointments.

Current features:
- Decapitalized item and move names
- GS Ball event in Goldenrod City (no more shitty wild encounter to get Celebi, the only thing changed from the original method is instead of a mobile thing you need to have the Glacier Badge from Pryce) - This is NOT on git yet
- New shop in Goldenrod department store B1F containing special items
- All items (excluding the amulet coin) are available to grab in B1F without having to change floors in the Goldenrod department store
- All moves have updated power, accuracy and extra effects to match the latest generation. Only certain moves have been kept the way they were (due to unimplemented features such as Low Kick based on size(?)). For a list, check the list of modified moves
- Marts support now 20 items instead of 10
- Changed names of berries to the Gen III equilavents (Berry to Oran Berry, Psncureberry to Pecha Berry etc.)

Planned features:
- Decapitalized Pokemon names (got a bug before so I have to figure out what goes wrong, like I believe Totodile changed into otodile when decapitalized
- Fairy type
- More moves, some buffs and nerfs (leave them in the thread)
- Mew event
- Locations for all legendary birds and Mewtwo like they were in RBGY
- Link cable (to evolve Haunter, Kadabra etc. without trading)
- Allow Pokemon that evolve when you trade them holding an item to use the item on to evolve them
- Buff the gym leaders and Kanto region so the trainers and gym leaders for a bigger challenge
- Add events / gifts for getting all Pokemon (including all starter Pokemon), decorations and items
- Increase shiny change (/ shiny charm)
- Increased bag capacity
- New items (from later generations or custom ones)
- New Pokemon (from later generations)
- New trainers / overworld sprites
- Features from later generations such as BW repel, poison surviving, unlimited TM usage, no more HMs

Many thanks to:
- Pret: for the disassembly + wiki with tutorials
- Google / skeetendo: Devamped sprites (since I can't devamp myself)
- Gamefreak: Making an awesome game

Yes, the git is available for everyone. It's accessible through this link: https://github.com/TrainerTaiga/PokemonDarkVoid

Keep in mind I might do git a different way than you would but it's mainly used so I don't lose my stuff if my computer crashes. I don't add any credits to the commits as they are going to be mentioned in the readme (which isn't edited due to laziness) eventually.

Okay, last but not least, some small screens (CONTAIN "SPOILERS"!), keep in mind the items and Pokemon are done via a debug event so I can test things better:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I had to think of something. I'm not entirely how huge it's gonna turn out but I agree with you; feel free to come up with any suggestions.

--- edit:

Added Buriedalive:

GvNsXYE.png

Unfortunately I do not have a White Hand sprite with only 4 colors to use as Pokemon sprite (if somebody wants to make it I'd really appreciate it)

Last edited:
Years
I'd like to see the moves Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, and Dark Pulse in this game.

I'll see what I can do. I can't add much moves without replacing some (I can only add 3 without replacing due to only index 252 253 and 254 being available). Also, adding the moves isn't much of an issue the only issue would be making the animation (I have to dig into that).

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
what about a phys/special split? Just curious if that's in this too since Totodile having to use his poor special attack to use bite makes no sense

Back