• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Getting Shield

Years
  • Hi everyone, my mother is getting me Pokemon Shield for Christmas and for the most part I have a team planned (based on what I know/old pokemon in the game) but I'm stuck on a water type as I'm starting with Scorbunny.

I like to have a balanced team, pokemon of the primary types (grass, water, fire, electric) so I was wondering what water type worked for you? Which would you recommend?

Thank you for your help!

Years
  • Dreadnaw is good and you can get Chewtle on one of the first routes, especially if you are looking to use new Mons. You also get a lot of options once you can go to the wild area. Barraskewda (idk if that's how you spell but I don't care enough to check) hits like a truck as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i actually didn't use a water type on my team, however i have heard good things about dracovish. might be a pain to get bc it requires a couple of certain fossils, but if you get it with the strong jaw ability, you're basically set for life.

Alpha Snowdust

Eevee Enthusiast
    Years
    • She/Her or They/Them
    • Seen Jan 19, 2021
    Hey! I'm getting Shield too (I was supposed to get it in July but other things came up)!
    In Sword, I chose Scorbunny. I didn't have a water type on my team... instead I had Tsareena to take out rock and water types. I wasn't too worried about Fire types tbh. My main water type on Sword is Rapid Strike Ursidifu. I don't know if you have the DLC though, and you would have to go through that storyline... and I think the main storyline too. In the Isle of Armor, I think you get the choice of Squirtle or Bulbasaur pretty early on? Isle of Armor has some pretty good water types too once they're evolved... like Wimpod.

Outside of that, I definitely second Chewtle. Drednaw is a very good Pokemon from what I've seen. My sister used Barraskewda for a bit too.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2020
    I really didn't utilize a water type in my group, anyway I have heard beneficial things about dracofeu

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I got Drednaw!
    Also, is Toxtricity or Manectric better?
    Toxtricity gives you more coverage with the Poison typing for ingame stuff, although Manectric is faster. A shame the latter lost its mega evolution though, it's not really remarkable. I'd say Toxtricity.

Back