• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] Humans were pokemon

SadOldMan

Developer/Epic Gamer/Humanoid Entity
Years
  • This is bases solely on the dialogue given by that old man in diamknd and pearl.
    eff1c170e40d6b51e27e5afaf76c203ea34760ab_hq.jpg

372aa166d00e80c0c672e5781c613a85a887d907_hq.jpg

But I believe that this is referring that humans where once some type of pokemon.
    If you remember correctly, there is one pokemon that has the DNA of all pokemon, which means that is the very first pokemon ever existe in earth.

bB3YJmhpIx8NSbttKq8hb62zAv6s6-FkBTZLhLpg3ZYBq3oDOaGjeeyhFwlswGkyKD1Ejl7Eo9EhhyzU_mV7TlnDOcXX7HZUhpIpokGttbPRQVUKcMxto9PLxAmlb7vL1XGute3ceBsK1qHNJpKzS_s8DhOHhFTT9geyCrqdVpCBoSb8I8OG6jxSm7tW8vmykWE-nAGIfjjAfgpDXkaU2SZMJ0iee26AwNPI

I'm talking about mew. Talking this fact that would mean that all the other pokemon would be just a genética variation of mew, given the enviromental conditions.
    Humans would be the same, excepto one detail.
    In the pokemon lore, humans are the dominante species... Why? There might be one reason and that reason is that humans are the closes evolutions to mew, causing us humans be the most respected pokemon species beetwen all, resulting on us being the dominan species.
    I can expand a lot more on this topic, even to the point that due to evolutions humans lost their pokemon powers and their type remains a míster y, and such.
    What you think?

Years
  • i love this! i never thought much of those scriptures because i just thought "there existed no differences to distinguish between the two" was just an old-timey way to say that people and pokemon were of equal stature in society. albeit being different species, pokemon weren't perceived as pets or something to be owned by people. the japanese versions mentioning marriage though tells us that there were sexual relationships involved, which must mean they were the same at one point. would love to hear further explanations on this!

but... i don't understand how humans would be the closest evolutions to Mew though. if we're speaking physically, it should be cats, no? what aspect was taken into account for this claim?

SadOldMan

Years
  • i love this! i never thought much of those scriptures because i just thought "there existed no differences to distinguish between the two" was just an old-timey way to say that people and pokemon were of equal stature in society. albeit being different species, pokemon weren't perceived as pets or something to be owned by people. the japanese versions mentioning marriage though tells us that there were sexual relationships involved, which must mean they were the same at one point. would love to hear further explanations on this!

but... i don't understand how humans would be the closest evolutions to Mew though. if we're speaking physically, it should be cats, no? what aspect was taken into account for this claim?

Mainly the behavior of the other pokemon. Just like animales, pokemon sometimes act by pure instinct. They usualy never reveal against humans, and humans keep being the dominant species. In nature the dominant species are usualy the ones capable of submiting the other races, just as we humans do to animals in the real world.

This would mean that somehow, since the beginning, humans had something that made the other pokemon submit to them and create aliances beetwen humans and pokemon, but what?
    My theory is that humans heritaged mew's powers making all other pokemon recognize us as the strongest species, maybe something crazy like being a le to use all moves of all types or being a diferent type or being even all types at the same time (which to be honest is really cool) with time and tecnology advancement humans lost or maybe forgot those powers due to evolutions, but maybe, just maybe pokemon didn't forget.

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    It's important to keep in mind that Japanese views on families can be very different than what expected in the west.

There are a number of traditions of the husbands marrying into the family, and even of people just outright being adopted well into adulthood. The "Pokémon used to marry humans, and humans used to marry Pokémon" could be an old-timey way to refer to an "adoption marriage" in a time before (adult) adoption was very widespread.

It could even be metaphorical of work relations - a way of creating a bond with a Pokémon before Pokéballs came along.

SadOldMan

Years
  • It's important to keep in mind that Japanese views on families can be very different than what expected in the west.

There are a number of traditions of the husbands marrying into the family, and even of people just outright being adopted well into adulthood. The "Pokémon used to marry humans, and humans used to marry Pokémon" could be an old-timey way to refer to an "adoption marriage" in a time before (adult) adoption was very widespread.

It could even be metaphorical of work relations - a way of creating a bond with a Pokémon before Pokéballs came along.

I think you are about right, but I think is a really cool concepto to think what would happen if humans had pokemon powers.

Back