• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Not sure which one to watch..........

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    I want to watch one of these movies:Pokémon the Movie: Victini and Reshiram or Victini and Zekrom.....I'm not sure on which one to watch......Can I get some unbiased suggestions......

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I want to watch one of these movies:Pokémon the Movie: Victini and Reshiram or Victini and Zekrom.....I'm not sure on which one to watch......Can I get some unbiased suggestions......
    Those two movies, like the games, are nearly identical with some very slight changes/differences. The "biggest" ones as I remember it are which legendary dragon is on which side, and the ending theme. So it's not something to think too hard about imo.

I'm gonna move this to our Pokemon Anime section btw, as Feedback & Support is for questions and feedback and whatnot for the Pokecommunity website and not the Pokemon franchise. That, and you're more likely to get more responses from people familiar with the Pokemon anime too.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Both are the same with slight alterations, watching one version is fine. I guess it boils down to which legendary you like more, Reshiram or Zekrom. I wouldn't recommend watching both since they are identical unless you are dedicated.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've wondered the same thing, because I've still never seen either one... I'm tempted to watch both now to see small changes. LOL

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Honestly, both movies are exactly the same. The only difference is the cover legendary & a few different Pokemon. For example, in one of the movie there's a shiny Golurk, and in the other, a shiny Hydreigon. You could watch both if you want to spot the differences, but you really won't miss a thing if you watch one or the other.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Talk about greedy... Releasing basically the same movie twice. Seriously how do they get away with a stunt like that? Japan must really love pokemon, enough to buy tickets to see the two same exact films.

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • As someone who has seen both versions multiple times, I would definitely recommend watching the Zekrom version! ^^ Even though I prefer Reshiram as a Pok?mon, I must say the soundtrack of the Zekrom movie was much more beautiful and impactful than the Reshiram version. The music is what makes all the difference for me, hehe.

Back