• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokemon Master Quest: Johto (100% Complete)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 2, 2021
Hey Everyone!

This is similar to your typical sideshow hack, except it only covers the Pokemon available in the regional Pokedex. This is because I'm aiming for a very specific regional experience for each game in this series. For Johto, this means that it's a 256 hack. I've removed all instances of Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon, except the 5 that are including in the Regional Dex (Yanmega, Tangrowth, Mamoswine, Lickilicky, and Ambipom). That being said, I've increased the diversity of the game quite a lot. I've hand-edited each of the Routes, Trainer Rosters, and Level-Up Sets. I couldn't edit the TMs or make them infinite, so instead I made them obsolete. The level-up sets contain pretty much every move you could possibly ask for.

Features:
Changed every Route's Wild Encounters
Changed all Trainer Rosters
Changed all Pokemon movesets, as well as many abilities and stats
Max Trainer AI for all trainers
All 256 Pokemon Available to catch ingame (almost all in the Wild)
Kris instead of Lyra, GB Player from start (thanks to HGSS Golden Edition)
Check out the documentation for more in-depth info

You can use evolutions of Pokemon other than the Johto 256, but they aren't supported and thus won't learn any new moves and haven't been changed by the game. Most of their pre-evolutions stats have been boosted anyway, but if you really want to use them, I recommend waiting until you have a moveset you're comfortable with or level 50 when a lot of Pokemon stop learning moves. Evolutionary items like Magmarizer and Electrizer are available in the game pre-E4 because I used the HGSS Golden Edition as a rombase for this.

--
I know this is a bit of a small post without too much for you to go on, but I can assure you I put a LOT of time into this game and that you won't be disappointed. Obviously I'm biased, but as a long-time Pokemon player, I think this game is really good, and moreover it pretty much obsoletes HGSS, which is where I think it really shines. You should definitely play through any of the 493 hacks of HGSS if you're just looking for a difficult Pokemon experience. But I made this for those times when I get a nag to replay through HGSS for what it is, an exploration of the Johto region with its native Pokemon. I can't promise that this game will be worth your time right now, but just remember this when (or if) you get that old nagging to replay through G/S/C/HG/SS. Come give mine a try instead.

My main problem with 386/493/649/etc. hacks is that they tend to make what are generally very different regions blend together for me. This stays true to what the original games were while still bringing new features, difficulty, and quality of life changes. I can't think of really any reason why you would play the originals over this one (unless you really want to use certain Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon). The changes make the experience so much more enjoyable. I'm especially proud of the level-up sets and trainer rosters I've built.

To be honest, I never made this game to upload. I mainly made it to play myself, so there is a bit of shorthand. This is mostly unnoticeable in the game, except for in the fact that the level-up sets aren't perfectly seamless between evolutions. As long as you evolve every Pokemon at the lowest possible level, you will never notice this, but if you delay an evolution or catch something late, you might miss out on a few moves. This doesn't apply to stone Pokemon, which should be evolved at 45 (except Growlithe at 48). Also IMPORTANT: Poke Ball Seals no longer work. Using them, taking a picture with Cameron, or Talking to the Pokemon behind you WILL CRASH YOUR GAME. SAVE OFTEN.

Also, because of this I never really took the time to take screenshots during my full playthroughs of the game, so I just had to scrounge around whatever I could quickly take. Please check out my Youtube channel, Leaky Lou, where (when I'm done with Kanto) I will do a run of this game.

I also have a Google Doc that stays updated when I make minor changes, but apparently I'm not allowed to post links, so the .pdf will have to do for now.

Sorry for the delay getting this out! I had the game finished, I ran into some issues uploading that I thought were because I did something wrong but that actually had to do with Pokecommunity's limitations.

If anyone knows how to fix Pokeball seals, fix talking to the Pokemon behind you, access Route 47/48 in PPRE, or implement Fairy-type, please let me know!

Credits:
HGSS Golden Edition (Used as a base rom)
PPRE b014

Release:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1wdyqi8z86rfyfs/Master+Quest+Johto.ups

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 409
  • 2.png
    2.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 366
  • 3.png
    3.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 341
  • Pokemon Master Quest_ Johto (1).pdf
    156.8 KB · Views: 448
Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 2, 2021
How come the ups patch is 128 mb? Because i cant patch it on my phone and im using unipatcher
It's made to use with the program Tsukoyomi. Sorry I'm a bit behind the times, and I've never heard of Unipatcher. When I get to my Desktop, I can use Unipatcher to create another patch that I assume will be able to work with unipatcher. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Are the rest of the Gen1/2 evolutions like Electivire and Magmortar not supported?
You can use evolutions of Pokemon other than the Johto 256, but they aren't supported and thus won't learn any new moves and haven't been changed by the game. Most of their pre-evolutions stats have been boosted anyway (although the evolutions are still superior in most cases), but if you want to use them, I recommend waiting until you have a moveset you're comfortable with or level 50 when a lot of Pokemon stop learning moves. Evolutionary items like Magmarizer and Electrizer are available as "Use" items in the game pre-E4 because I used the HGSS Golden Edition as a rombase for this, so they are definitely available options.

Last edited:

lukagba

LukaBat
Years
what is rom base? i try to app patch in Pokemon - SoulSilver Version (v10) (E) rom, but dont work

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
Hey Everyone!

This is similar to your typical sideshow hack, except it only covers the Pokemon available in the regional Pokedex. This is because I'm aiming for a very specific regional experience for each game in this series. For Johto, this means that it's a 256 hack. I've removed all instances of Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon, except the 5 that are including in the Regional Dex (Yanmega, Tangrowth, Mamoswine, Lickilicky, and Ambipom). That being said, I've increased the diversity of the game quite a lot. I've hand-edited each of the Routes, Trainer Rosters, and Level-Up Sets. I couldn't edit the TMs or make them infinite, so instead I made them obsolete. The level-up sets contain pretty much every move you could possibly ask for.

Features:
Changed every Route's Wild Encounters
Changed all Trainer Rosters
Changed all Pokemon movesets, as well as many abilities and stats
Max Trainer AI for all trainers
All 256 Pokemon Available to catch ingame (almost all in the Wild)
Kris instead of Lyra, GB Player from start (thanks to HGSS Golden Edition)
Check out the documentation for more in-depth info

You can use evolutions of Pokemon other than the Johto 256, but they aren't supported and thus won't learn any new moves and haven't been changed by the game. Most of their pre-evolutions stats have been boosted anyway, but if you really want to use them, I recommend waiting until you have a moveset you're comfortable with or level 50 when a lot of Pokemon stop learning moves. Evolutionary items like Magmarizer and Electrizer are available in the game pre-E4 because I used the HGSS Golden Edition as a rombase for this.

--
I know this is a bit of a small post without too much for you to go on, but I can assure you I put a LOT of time into this game and that you won't be disappointed. Obviously I'm biased, but as a long-time Pokemon player, I think this game is really good, and moreover it pretty much obsoletes HGSS, which is where I think it really shines. You should definitely play through any of the 493 hacks of HGSS if you're just looking for a difficult Pokemon experience. But I made this for those times when I get a nag to replay through HGSS for what it is, an exploration of the Johto region with its native Pokemon. I can't promise that this game will be worth your time right now, but just remember this when (or if) you get that old nagging to replay through G/S/C/HG/SS. Come give mine a try instead.

My main problem with 386/493/649/etc. hacks is that they tend to make what are generally very different regions blend together for me. This stays true to what the original games were while still bringing new features, difficulty, and quality of life changes. I can't think of really any reason why you would play the originals over this one (unless you really want to use certain Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon). The changes make the experience so much more enjoyable. I'm especially proud of the level-up sets and trainer rosters I've built.

To be honest, I never made this game to upload. I mainly made it to play myself, so there is a bit of shorthand. This is mostly unnoticeable in the game, except for in the fact that the level-up sets aren't perfectly seamless between evolutions. As long as you evolve every Pokemon at the lowest possible level, you will never notice this, but if you delay an evolution or catch something late, you might miss out on a few moves. This doesn't apply to stone Pokemon, which should be evolved at 45 (except Growlithe at 48). Also IMPORTANT: Poke Ball Seals no longer work. Using them, taking a picture with Cameron, or Talking to the Pokemon behind you WILL CRASH YOUR GAME. SAVE OFTEN.

Also, because of this I never really took the time to take screenshots during my full playthroughs of the game, so I just had to scrounge around whatever I could quickly take. Please check out my Youtube channel, Leaky Lou, where (when I'm done with Kanto) I will do a run of this game.

I also have a Google Doc that stays updated when I make minor changes, but apparently I'm not allowed to post links, so the .pdf will have to do for now.

Sorry for the delay getting this out! I had the game finished, I ran into some issues uploading that I thought were because I did something wrong but that actually had to do with Pokecommunity's limitations.

If anyone knows how to fix Pokeball seals, fix talking to the Pokemon behind you, access Route 47/48 in PPRE, or implement Fairy-type, please let me know!

Credits:
HGSS Golden Edition (Used as a base rom)
PPRE b014

Release:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1wdyqi8z86rfyfs/Master+Quest+Johto.ups

Please! Need bosses levels to play nuzlocke mode
Thanks

Back