• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are Pokemon Plus and Minus gen 8 leaks?!

Years
  • Few years ago (around feb 2014), internet flooded with news of gen 7 leaks, namely Pokemon Plus and Minus. All the details of the leaks can be found here.

Now we are here in 2018, at the end of gen 7, we can confirm that those were just rumors. But I think there is something more to be noted here:

- Simplified battle system can be referred as the one in pokken tournament (on switch obviously)
    - Gameplay is on handheld controller, which again hints towards switch
    - Switch holds good for an MMO gameplay
    - They've been working on this game for a very long time(even before ultra sun and moon). That could be since they were in development over the years, who knows?

Maybe these plus and minus versions were the gen 8 leaks all the time and we all thought it to be the gen 7 ones. What you all think on this?

PS: It's just my theory, nothing to get offended here :)

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The only link you can make is the fact that the Switch has plus and minus buttons.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Oh I remember those. Thought it was fake 4 years ago and still think its fake now.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • While I actually think Plus and Minus would make for good game titles, I just don't think they'll go for it. I've heard rumours of the games being called Pokemon Past and Future to line up with the Tradition vs Innovation rumour which seems more plausible.

Back