• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Metal (Update - Gen 6+more!)

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2018
    Hello I'm new here,first lemme congratulate and thank you you on the excellent game,I've been enjoying thus far despite some minor bugs here and there which I'm gonna post below just in case (it maybe my download I'm not sure the game runs fine otherwise).

one bug I found was for the move 'round' while it didn't crash my game it gives me an error (Exception: NoMethodError) and doesn't do anything (think it's a script issue,I'm no expert but I started dabbling in it recntly).

another minor one on spiky shield move when hit by contact move the move reduces the user's hp rather than the attacker (I already fixed mine in the script there was a minor mistake it should be 'user.pbReduceHP(user.totalhp/8)' instead of 'target.pbReduceHP(target.totalhp/8)' unde rthe contact move condition).

third is when npcs change pokemon (midbattle) for some reason the sprites of changed pokemon don't appear correctly (I assume something with the sprite position upon changing pokemon midbattle).

finally I have a bit of personal request/question is it OK to add the option of HM items? personally I hate the concept of HM slaves,if it's OK I have successfully (kinda) implemented a couple so far and they're working (credit to the essentials wiki on this one).

But I kinda wanna smooth the process a bit either by adding the items to shop after attaining the right badge for the move or the more common put it somewhere in a map , unfortunately I couldn't find the right way to do either correctly( I started dabbling with scripting a week ago so I'm super amateur ),the best I could do is to use the essential editor to edit the wild pokemon held items to the HM items and created and then steal them via covet or snatch to obtain the item ingame,if possible I'd appreciate the help on this matter (or at least a suggestion for a good universal free program to edit scripts, mine only opens the script.rxdata file but cant open any of the other rxdata files for some reason) .

Yeah kinda went f tangent here,thank you for the great game and have a nice day/afternoon/evening/night

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    When I try to launch Game.exe the game will crash without showing anything. Only Black. I'm using windows 7

Had the same issue initially but running the game via administrator fixed it :)

I found another bug. Escape ropes don't work in the Mountains :P Info says I can't use it there, probably treats the mountain like a building.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    where is the froakie ??
    I found a few froakies in the waters to the right of Night city while using surf. Good luck!

<edit>

Also, just a technical question for whoever has an idea: are hidden abilities implemented in this game? Or am I just silly for trying to find a Gible with rough skin?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2018
    When I try to launch Game.exe the game will crash without showing anything. Only Black. I'm using windows 7

Hmm,try to either turn off DEP (Data Excution prevention) or add the game exe file to the exceptions (in my computer choose advanced sys setting then choose performance), if I remember correctly it can conflict with the rpg maker exe on some pcs for some reason.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2018
    Hmm,try to either turn off DEP (Data Excution prevention) or add the game exe file to the exceptions (in my computer choose advanced sys setting then choose performance), if I remember correctly it can conflict with the rpg maker exe on some pcs for some reason.

It work thanks! :) ^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    Reporting a bug: I had my Gabite out in the pyramids, encountered a Clefki. I used dig and Clefki used draining kiss but missed because I was underground - aaaand an error started occuring from there every turn. Gabite didn't leave the underground stance, Clefki can't hit it and the fight/bag/poke/run menu does not show up for me. I guess Gabite got tired of my shizz and decided the ground seems comfortable enough to stay in there forever :D

error says
    Exception: NoMethodError,

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2016
    huh why talonflame can't learn fly and flame charge by tm?
    oh and greninja can't learn surf :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2016
    that's sad :/
    is there any way to teach them like cheat or modifying files? i need 2 more pokes for hm's

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Well, I've been ignoring the thread long enough. So many bugs since I upgraded to Gen 6. How they all slipped past me is beyond my knowledge. Editing the scripts won't do any good at this point. I'll just manage to screw things up even further. I'll have to redo replace them with the originals and do the gen 6 editing again. However, I really don't have any time right now, and I won't have any until late this year, which is a really bad thing. I'll see what I'll be able to do. In the meantime, I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience.
    If anyone is skilled and willing to fix the bugs, please, be my guest xD I really won't be able do anything for the game in the next few months.

Aside from that, I would like to thank you all for the positive comments so far. It really means a lot to me =)
    I registered for the specific reason to reply to this thread :D

Thank you for this game! It's going AWESOME and is definitely so far reaching my fav 3 fanmade pokemon games. People complain about Riolu among your starters but tbh I like those three as they are. They all offer completely different possibilities and I love it.

I also have a question... Is there a chance we can get a list of items to get in each zone? I was sure I found everything but then I encountered a problem with a missing rock smash and I'm not sure anymore if I did everything I could have in the previous routes and cities...
    The situation is like this... A list like that doesn't exist. I wasn't keeping track of items like that at all. However, what I can tell you, is that there are no hidden items needed to be found with the Dowsing Machine, so you won't have to worry about that. Have fun =)

I need help. I cannot open PKM's PC. The items pc is fine but when i open pkm pc, the game crashes.
    Hm, this might be because some backdrops are missing. Download the game again and replace your Pictures folder (Game => Graphics => Pictures). If it still doesn't work, it'll be helpful if you told me what error the game displays before crashing.

excuse me but where is the cloud sphere
    i can't find it
    and how to go inside the tower of transyl
    Spoiler:

Hello I'm new here,first lemme congratulate and thank you you on the excellent game,I've been enjoying thus far despite some minor bugs here and there which I'm gonna post below just in case (it maybe my download I'm not sure the game runs fine otherwise).
    finally I have a bit of personal request/question is it OK to add the option of HM items? personally I hate the concept of HM slaves,if it's OK I have successfully (kinda) implemented a couple so far and they're working (credit to the essentials wiki on this one).

But I kinda wanna smooth the process a bit either by adding the items to shop after attaining the right badge for the move or the more common put it somewhere in a map , unfortunately I couldn't find the right way to do either correctly( I started dabbling with scripting a week ago so I'm super amateur ),the best I could do is to use the essential editor to edit the wild pokemon held items to the HM items and created and then steal them via covet or snatch to obtain the item ingame,if possible I'd appreciate the help on this matter (or at least a suggestion for a good universal free program to edit scripts, mine only opens the script.rxdata file but cant open any of the other rxdata files for some reason) .

Yeah kinda went f tangent here,thank you for the great game and have a nice day/afternoon/evening/night
    Okay, first of all, thank you for your comment and your feedback. It is appreciated.
    Second, feel free to edit the game to your liking. However, I don't think that is such a good idea. With so many errors in the scripts, adding something new to them will most likely result in another error. I would like to fix the existing bugs first, and then add new stuff to the game.
    The problem is also that I would have to check the edits you did before posting the version in the OP, and, as I said in the beginning of this post, I really don't have any time for that. I'm sorry the situation is like this.
    However, you can add items that replaces HMs for your own enjoyment, and then, when I fix these bugs sometimes, it'll be very easy for me to add them from your version of the game, and then I'll post it in the OP. It is a good idea, after all. Thank you for your understanding and again, for the post. I really appreciate it =)

Also, just a technical question for whoever has an idea: are hidden abilities implemented in this game? Or am I just silly for trying to find a Gible with rough skin?
    I don't think hidden abilities are in the game. It's so that I never really played the main series games competitively, so abilities are something I didn't implement it in my game. I focused more on the exploring and secrets then competitive play.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2018
    Thanks for the reply,while it's unfortunate that you're too busy to work on the gen6 scripts,your advice is much appreciated and you're right after thinking, adding too many stuff to the script might just complicate the problems so I decided to simplify the process to add HM items for now.

I decided to just change the condition to just having the HMs or TM in case of rock smash and badges (since you get those naturally in the game) instead of adding items to the maps to use the field effect ,so far it's working like a charm all HMs (except for fly since it works a bit dfferent than other HM moves) are working for me like a charm .

no more HM slaves for this guy (except fly :p) I will upload my script file if any want to try (make sure to backup your save and script.rxdata just in case) have fun everybody.

limk add . instead of the dash since I cant add links accordign to the site's policy

mediafire com/?wk3htqlqri3bn76

Attachments

• Scripts.rar
      717.3 KB · Views: 13
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I searched Rainbow with the newest version. I couldn't find the Move relearner.

I searched ALL houses, ALL NPC's, even in the pokecenter

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2018
    I searched Rainbow with the newest version. I couldn't find the Move relearner.

I searched ALL houses, ALL NPC's, even in the pokecenter

wrong city ,move relearner is in duende city (the one near tower of transyl) his house has a sign in front of it

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    hack looks great!

ps glad there is mega

btw I have a suggestion if there is any possible way a speed up button would be cool

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2018
    btw I have a suggestion if there is any possible way a speed up button would be cool
    you can use cheat engine (standalone program) speed hack feature on the game process to increase the game speed, hope that's useful

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2016
    hello guys.

i have found a bug. somehow i could catch an aggron lvl 45 in the cave after 1 and a half hours in the game... how come i can catch a lvl 45 aggron that early?

so here comes the bug: it is level 45 and i can use it just like any other pokemon. it is no problem that i only have 2 badges, the aggron can be used without any problems.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2018
    hello guys.

i have found a bug. somehow i could catch an aggron lvl 45 in the cave after 1 and a half hours in the game... how come i can catch a lvl 45 aggron that early?

so here comes the bug: it is level 45 and i can use it just like any other pokemon. it is no problem that i only have 2 badges, the aggron can be used without any problems.

technically it isn't a bug,that aggron is the event one that gives aggronite,it's supposed to be caught later which is why it's high leveled compared to that stage of the game and should've wasted your party, regardless the level limit for badges applies only to traded pokemon like the official games as far as I know (lightningalex did mention he focused more on the questing aspect rather than competitive gameplay somewhere on the thread but fret not the more you progress the gym leaders and elite four should prove to be an adequate challenge)

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2016
    Hey!

Amazing game haha, I've completed most of it, aside from catching all the pokemon, finishing all the quests and stuff.

I got some questions, and I've read through every page of the thread to avoid asking questions that have already been asked.

You also had a list of all legendaries (excluding gen 6); Mew, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos etc.

But I wasn't able to find Latios, Latias, Meleotta and the Gen 6 Legedaries (Xerneas, Zygarde and Yvetal, since I already read that the other 3 aren't in this game). (In fact I can't even find Route 21 on the town map.. (maybe i'm flipping blind...)

Also, How do you get to the Sea of Bodom?

Back