• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pok?mon: Stygian Version (vDEMO_0.015 RELEASED!)

What have you done so far in vDEMO_0.013? Please don't select anything if you haven't got the requir

• I skipped the introduction sequence in the shrine (requires: 5, cannot conflict with 6)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wolfboyft

Pokémon Generation 2 Hacker
Years
No problem!

Ey bro want a tip for progression?

Find the rock hammer in the square (that's the room with the first grey goblin.)

use it to break dem big boulders in the cavern (the room that you go into after going through the shrine from the square)

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
Ey bro want a tip for progression?

Find the rock hammer in the square (that's the room with the first grey goblin.)

use it to break dem big boulders in the cavern (the room that you go into after going through the shrine from the square)

Just had an Idea, what if you made a crafting system, like you use the stick and it says what do you want to do, craft, or use as wepon. Then if you choose to craft it asks what you want to craft. But you can only craft things if you have the materials. Like you need a larg rock if you want to craft a hammer, and you need a slim rock if you want to craft a ston sword and so on. Actually, that would be way to hard to programm... but it's a nice idea? lol. Thanks for the tip, I'll go try that out!

wolfboyft

Years
Just had an Idea, what if you made a crafting system, like you use the stick and it says what do you want to do, craft, or use as wepon. Then if you choose to craft it asks what you want to craft. But you can only craft things if you have the materials. Like you need a larg rock if you want to craft a hammer, and you need a slim rock if you want to craft a ston sword and so on. Actually, that would be way to hard to programm... but it's a nice idea? lol. Thanks for the tip, I'll go try that out!

My friend, I had such ambitions too. Unfortunately I just gave up on them or didn't have them during the time I was motivated enough.

But you know what!??! Maybe I could!

Thanks for showing interest :D

wolfboyft

Years
This hack is dead, I worked on an original game boy game for a while and then I started making games using the LÖVE framework to make games for modern platforms.
If you want to play the game that Stygian Version was inspired by, try Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss.
The latest version of my work got lost in some file transfer as well, but the latest pushed commit is on GitHub.
It was really an amazing adventure in assembly and stuff, though. I'm glad to see the kind comments and the progress some people managed to make in the poll.

PS: Maybe one day I'll start again with an even more developed version of pokecrystal and the ability to write not-so-verbose and crappy introductions.
I saw a guy stop his let's play after the lecture in the shrine...!

Anyway yeah, it's officially dead. If I pick the idea back up again it will be using a new copy of pokecrystal.

Years
Thank you for actually telling us! Sometimes a dev will just vanish or drop a project with no warning.I wish you luck in any future projects.

wolfboyft

Years
EDIT: Decided I will make this actually.

Wait...
...since your code is on GitHub, would you allow fan-continuations of this project?

I can't say I'd recommend it, but it's okay if someone wants to.

However if someone wants to take my idea and make a new hack with a modern version of pokecrystal (or make it based on polished crystal! That's a good idea!) that they properly maintain, instead of me eventually doing it, they have my blessing. So long as I get credit for the original hack or whatever. Though I quite like the idea of being the one who picks it up eventually, but I don't mind if someone gets there first. Notify me on twitter @Tachytaenius (I may not see it here) though so we don't end up with two, just in case!

Sorry for replying three years late haha

EDIT: Decided I will make this actually.

Last edited:

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
I can't say I'd recommend it, but it's okay if someone wants to.

However if someone wants to take my idea and make a new hack with a modern version of pokecrystal (or make it based on polished crystal! That's a good idea!) that they properly maintain, instead of me eventually doing it, they have my blessing. So long as I get credit for the original hack or whatever. Though I quite like the idea of being the one who picks it up eventually, but I don't mind if someone gets there first. Notify me on twitter @Tachytaenius (I may not see it here) though so we don't end up with two, just in case!

Sorry for replying three years late haha
Nah; there is no such thing 'too late' when talking to me.
Either way, I was more curious. I actually did not have any plans; I was just hoping tha this idea does not die.

wolfboyft

Years
Actually, I decided I *will* remake this hack, with a base of Polished Crystal. At some point. So nobody take it!

Back