• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you do this job in Pokémon's world

Years
  • Hello! I wanted to use this random job generator in Off-Topic section, but here, in a Pokémon Trivia setting.
    So, imagine you are in the Pokémon's world, as yourself, or a human or pokémon character, and you get a random job!

I will start with:

Midwife

Assisting, helping and monitoring future mothers, then new mothers and their children, humans or pokémon, from pregnancy to birth / hatching. This could be quite interesting!

~ Friendly Daycare Gardevoir ~

Last edited:
    Years
  • Photographer

Someone needs to take pictures of the contest winners! I'll shoot pictures of them and then ask for ludicrous amounts of PokeDollars in return..... :fufu:
    Guess I gotta hope my icy paws won't freeze the camera though...

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Party planner.

My dream has come true! I get to plan all the parties for the people involved in Galar's Gym Challenge - most importantly the welcome party and the celebration for the newly-crowned Champions.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Publisher

Publishes basic guides about raising Pokemon. What kinds of home environments do Hoothoots like? How much space should you give a Poochyena? How do you read your Munna's mood? What is a healthy diet for a Staryu? What fire safety precautions should you take with a Litten? Those sorts of things.

Likely involves contacting various Pokemon experts. Signs them on to write articles for less common Pokemon or books for more popular ones.

Years
  • Prison officer

Should be an easy job... I'll just freeze the prisoners whole and put them in Cryostasis until they've served their sentence :fufu:

Years
  • Clerical assistant

A job at a desk... Scheduling appointments, answering and routing phone calls, typing, ... The view from Sylph Co's upper stairs is nice, but I think I would get bored! I need more action!

~ Bored Secretary Gardevoir ~

Last edited:
    Years
  • Astronomer

Sounds more like something my sibling Espeon would do.... guess I'll have to ask her for advice? 🤔
    I'll just create sparkly icy stars for myself in the meantime...

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Train driver.

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH---

You bet I'm gonna help a certain sweet train man and his kooky twin brother run the Battle Subway! And, you know, maybe rig the train with a time travel engine (a la Back to the Future 3) so I can go rescue Ingo from Hisui?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Archivist

...Do these even exist in the Pokemon world? Usually passes on information about the legendary through an elderly person or ancient, forgotten monument. Technically found a book about legendaries in Alola, though. And that silly tapestry room in Hammerlocke too, actually. And the Nacrene City Museum. Okay, maybe a few.

• Step One: Collect. Talk to elders in every town. Look for statues too. Seizes the tapestry fragment from Bob's Your Uncle.
    • Step Two: Organize. Write stuff down. Seriously. Snaps some photographs as well.
    • Step Three: Maintain. Enlists a Glalie for this. Absorbs moisture from the air. Keeps the environment cool and dry. Preserves paper and other items well.
    • Step Four: Access. Probably works for a museum somewhere. Creates digital records both for multiple mediums and for ease of access.

Years
  • Computer analyst
    Spoiler:

I love computers! Especially video games...
    In my time off adventuring, I would certainly enjoy working on improving pokédexes (and get rid of certain rumors), getting rid of bugs, ... and especially developing systems and softwares FOR pokémon!

~ Computer Updating Gardevoir ~

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ship builder

Well after sinking a bunch of them with the icebergs I leave floating around I guess it's a nice change of pace.... 😏
    too dark? =P

Ahm... I'm not sure how well I'll be able to hold the tools required tbh.... I guess I could try freezing them to my paws? 🤔

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Cleaner

Look for a Cinccino or Minccino and feed it treats. Turns it on whatever needs cleaning from there. Tasks it with clearing dust for sure. (Is quite allergic to it.)

Alternatively, become best friends with an Alolan Grimer or Muk. Ought to be quite helpful too.

Years
  • Funeral director

Guess I should pay proper respect to all those I've iced.
    I'll hold a ceremony every now and then to pay respect in a chilly environment; their bodies would go into the ground in an icy coffin which will melt over time, and optimally allow the bodies to be absorbed by the earth.

Years
  • Musician

I would love to be a good musician! I would play cello in a pokémon group, to accompany a singer with a beautiful voice, like a Milotic! We would play everywhere! In the opera, in hospitals, in pokécenters, ... ♫ Let the music flow through you! ♪

~ Melodious Violonist Gardevoir ~

Last edited:
    Years
  • Shoemaker

Pffft... I've already done this... who do you think made Cinderella's slippers? 😤
    People always kept complaining about how cold my footwear are... 😤

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Nun

Worships...Arceus? Supposedly showed kindness to those who treated it with kindness. Means sheltering and feeding people and Pokemon in unfortunate circumstances at some temple.

What Pokemon would help with that? The usual healing Pokemon like Chansey, sure, but who else? Perhaps a big warm Arcanine or Torracat? Provides heat during colder months. Lifts peoples' spirits too.

Years
  • Bank manager

Store your chocolate at your local Glaceo Bank today!
    Kept at a perfect temperature in our chilly vaults that are covered in ice that is hard enough to resist explosions and even heavy duty drills! Nobody will be touching your chocolate, that's for dang sure! Thanks to the aid of everyone's favorite Gardevoir, we have even developed a unique protective casing that will be un-touchable by anyone unworthy of the chocolate! All to protect your chocolate as best as we can... even from yourself!

And of course your chocolate is kept perfectly safe by your local Glaceon manager!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Door attendant

Bouncer at the door of Saffron City's Poké-Night-Club!
    I usually have to tell pokémon like Onix that they are a bit too big to fit in, and push back anyone who drank too much Soda Pop or Lemonade. Now, I may not look as tough as a Machamp, but you should see how docile they all become when I tell them about black holes!

~ Gate Keeper Gardevoir ~

Years
  • Kennel worker

I will gladly tend to any and all abandoned Eevee's =)
    I will keep all the cages pristine and provide food and water as needed =D
    Once they trust me I will train and conscript them into the glorious Eeveelution army.... :fufu:

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Craftsperson

Encompasses a lot of different possible jobs. Turns down something like Kurt's job. Would not care to make dolls or Secret Base items either. Lists Baker among the options. Perhaps a PokeBlock maker?

Step 1: Make more shapes. Keeps some cubes for the sake of familiarity.

Works best with three partners. Fills that void with Pokemon. Who has good reflexes? Surely enlists Pokemon with cat-like reflexes.

Alternatively, how easily could Flareon and Glaceon work the controls? Adds heat and cold to the equation. And with that line of thinking, maybe Miltank too? Creates PokeBlock ice cream for summer. Could probably do a hot, spiced drink (possibly with milk) for colder months. Needs to temper that milk carefully, though.

Back