• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

FIQ

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
I did see that one, it's a nontrivial fix due to how GSC handles turn end. I'm going to look at it eventually (There's similar issues with other endturn effects like Leftovers), I think I might need to refactor the main battle turn sequence logic for it to handle faints more like 4gen and onwards, but I've held off on it for now.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 11, 2021
hey rangi, soI got the shiny pichu from wonder trade and gave it to kurt but I can't figure out how to get kurt to go lookat the forest so that the other part of the celebi event happens, do I need all 3 beasts for it or am I good with just my raikou?

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
hey rangi, soI got the shiny pichu from wonder trade and gave it to kurt but I can't figure out how to get kurt to go lookat the forest so that the other part of the celebi event happens, do I need all 3 beasts for it or am I good with just my raikou?

First of all, you give Kurt the GS ball, and then wait a day. When it passes a day, talk to Kurt and a cutscene will happpen. Then you interact with the Celebi Shrine and then you battle Celebi. He's level 30 so watch out and save before interacting with the shrine.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
was trying to grind golf leaves off of bellsprouts and using thief doesn't work, it says i get the gold leaf and my tentacool isn't holding anything/nothing in my inventory

then i proceed to go catch bellsprouts instead and it's holding a leftovers. really not sure whats going on there

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hello, Rangi! Playing through beta e59b20a, if I'm not mistaken. If I get into a battle, and insist on using my Togepi and use metronome for a few turns, the game crashes. It has happened repeatedly, and with different trainers. I could use other pokemon, but if I keep using Togepi and metronome, the game crashes, without fail.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
A few more things to report:

1. Colors stay inverted after Moonblast is used.
2. "Rare items" sold by a girl in the Goldenrod Harbor cost a lot more money after pressing A. Also, the game can't correctly calculate the maximum amount of items I can currently afford. This only happens with this NPC.
3. Items aren't anywhere to be found after being acquired by Thief. They are succesfully removed from foes, though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 2, 2017
I've noticed some bugs:
- when someone calls you the upper part of the screen became a little glitchy (it varies based on where you are when you receive the call though, sometimes only color are glitchy but sometimes even the names).

- there is something wrong with moves that lower or increase accuracy, the effects seem to be inverted: mud-slap instead of lower accuracy increases it (tested personally with my quilava when battling rival after Bugsy) and smokescreen has the same problem.

-there is a weird bug I can't explain very well (I'm not english and I'm trying to write as best as I can) that happened to me when I was in the Sprout Tower: I was battling sages and I eventually got to Elder Li and my zubat ran out of PP, hoothoot used hypnosis and failed, my zubat used struggle (as intended) then out of nowhere hoothoot used struggle. After zubat fainted hoothoot started attacking normally again. I'm sorry for not being able to explain this better.
I'm playing the last beta Rangi published on June 26 (beta d0b3f97) on my psp with Masterboy 3.0 emulator (is really similar to android ones I have read somewhere).

Rangi, FIQ and everyone working on this rom keep up with this great work, this rom is great and is one of the best hack I have ever played and I've played a lot (Dark Energy was my favorite but now Polished Crystal is).

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Hey just curious, will we be able to store all phone numbers as seen in HG/SS at any point? I never got to play far enough into build 2.2.0 to know but I figured I would ask. It would help a lot if its possible.

Linnie

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 16, 2022
Hey just curious, will we be able to store all phone numbers as seen in HG/SS at any point? I never got to play far enough into build 2.2.0 to know but I figured I would ask. It would help a lot if its possible.
Last I checked, there is more space for phone numbers, but there are also more phone numbers in the game compared to vanilla Crystal so you still can't store all of them. It's definitely doable to add all the numbers and save space by rewriting the phone system to use a bitfield?Rangi has already done so with the TM pocket?but Rangi is understandably a bit cautious about implementing it because of the difficulty with rewriting things that deal with RNG. I can't remember if they said it's going to be considered for 4.0 or not at all.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
I think there's a bug with Frisk...My Sentret detects Gold Leaves on Bellsprouts but when I catch them they don't have any items...

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
Years
Rain of Shiny pkms!! :)
My God!! Arcanine looks so fucking awesome!! Great Work Rangi!
I know, I know it's normal to have a Shiny Gyarados hahaha {XD}

Attachments

• Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-12.png
    Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-12.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-13.png
    Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-13.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-17.png
    Pokemon Polished Crystal 3.0-17.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 35

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Last I checked, there is more space for phone numbers, but there are also more phone numbers in the game compared to vanilla Crystal so you still can't store all of them. It's definitely doable to add all the numbers and save space by rewriting the phone system to use a bitfield?Rangi has already done so with the TM pocket?but Rangi is understandably a bit cautious about implementing it because of the difficulty with rewriting things that deal with RNG. I can't remember if they said it's going to be considered for 4.0 or not at all.

I figured I'd ask, thats good to note for 4.0 at least.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 11, 2021
One more question, I was not able to catch suicune at tin tower, but as rangi said in the intro post, if that happens it respawns after beating the league and is roaming, by roaming does rangi mean you must find the overworld sprite and chase it around again or roaming like entei and raikou? and on top of that, if it is roaming like entei and raikou, is it in johto or kanto?

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
One more question, I was not able to catch suicune at tin tower, but as rangi said in the intro post, if that happens it respawns after beating the league and is roaming, by roaming does rangi mean you must find the overworld sprite and chase it around again or roaming like entei and raikou? and on top of that, if it is roaming like entei and raikou, is it in johto or kanto?

Roaming like Entei and Raikou in Johto

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 11, 2021
then rangi should probably fix the error in the pokedex of suicune's nest after beating the pokemon league not showing, It would make sense for suicune to show up as you technically have already seen itso like after finding raikou and entei the first time, it should have a nest indicator, I usually try to catch entei and raikou on route 36 or 37

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
i commented about it earlier, but i really can't get through surges puzzle. the switches don't seem to be next to each other whatsoever, can anyone thats gotten past it in 3.0s beta help me out?

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
Years
Hi Rangi!
After caught Suicune, during the battle against Valerie few minutes ago, her battle music sounds a Little weird (Compared to what we could hear in 2.2.0), Just check it out if you're not aware of it. I mean, I don't know if it was intencional o not.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back