• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Obtaining the Ruby & Sapphire

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In FR/LG, you couldn't trade from outside the Kanto Pokedex until you obtained the Ruby and Sapphire Key items. This is a quest on the Sevii Islands that Celio gives you, more or less. Did you do the Ruby and Sapphire fetchquest? I honestly did, and it's annoying, ngl.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Did it back when FRLG was newer and so there was reason for me to do it. Don't think I've really bothered since then, as I've not really needed to trade between the two.

....idr if we still have our link cable or not anyway

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Yep, I did it. I took a very methodical and completionistic approach to LG, so I certainly wasn't going to miss out on any Pokemon. I don't recall it being terribly annoying, but it's also been a while since I last did it, so I may have forgotten.

I'm currently looking into getting a copy of FR to fill out my collection. If I end up doing that, I plan on doing the quest again on that game.

Years
    • Seen today
    I always did it, but I never knew it was for trading. I just wanted something to do between the 7th and 8th gym.

jensmoking

Little boygirl.
    Years
  • I started LG to fill my Emerald Pokédex, I never really played Gen 1 remakes, since I still have my Gb with Pkmn Blue to go back to Kanto, so it'll be my first time doing that quest. I didn't ever heard about. The remakes weren't attractive to me so I didn't knew about such items to trade.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Honestly I love the Sevii Islands so it was only natural that i'd enjoy that quest. I didn't really need motivation to explore them, but hey if the game's gonna give me one anyways then I'll sure as hell go with it

Back