• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Move Animations from Pokemon Reborn/Rejuvenation

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Hello,

I would like to ask if anyone has successfully imported the move animations from Pokemon Reborn or Rejuvenation* while minimizing lag? I am using Essentials v17.2 by the way, if that matters.

Attempt #1 (successful but incredibe lag): I copied the sound effects, animation graphics, move2anim.dat, moves.dat, PkmnAnimations.rxdata, and Animations.rxdata from Pokemon Reborn into my game. The lag is quite noticeable. Also, it undoes the animations.rxdata file additions from mej71's Follower add-on, but I'm sure I could re-add those via critical thinking and using the Essentials Docs wiki.

Attempt #2 (unsuccesful): I used "Export All Battle Animations" from Pokemon Reborn, then imported the newly created Animations folder into my game using the "Import all Battle Animations" feature. At first, I got an error:

Exception: Name Error
Message: undefined local variable or method 'index' for ... located in Debug_Actions:797 in 'pbImportAllAnimations'...

Attempt #2.1 (partial success: moves imported without lag, but the moves are not associated correctly): I made a very minor alteration to the def pbImportAllAnimations code, noted in bold. All I did was move 'animations.resize(index)' to within where index is defined and commented out where it previously was.
Spoiler:

With this, I was able to mass import move animations using "Import All Move Animations" but no animation shows up for various effects that have animations in Reborn/Rejuvenation such as mega evolving, surf, dig, waterfall, etc... At first, I thought it was unsuccessful but I noticed that some moves have animations from other moves - bite looks like feint attack, etc... This leads me to believe that the moves are in but aren't properly associated.

I would like to request help in my endeavor in implementing these move animations. If no one else has done it, then I'll resort to importing move animations one by one. While tedious, I've heard success stories + it wouldn't overwrite the animations.rxdata file changes from Mej71's Follower Pokemon add-on either.

*(Reborn and Rejuvenation have the same move animations and can be used by the public as long as sufficient credit is given, which I have in my credits list)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Thank you! My imported battle animations from Reborn are silky smooth now :)

Both links were very useful btw

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Hey man, any chance you could send me the files you used for this? I know they're open to public use, but i'm having trouble finding the PField_(something) file. I looked in a bunch of script folders and didn't have any luck.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Unfortunately, the animation file size exceeds the 20 MB limit even as a .zip, & this site doesn't allow .rar.

What you can do is download Pokemon Reborn, open it in RPGmakerXP, start the game in debug, then go into the menu to export all animations into one folder.

Credit:
The Pokemon Reborn team
-Amethyst, Jan, Inuki, Smeargletail, Mde, Koyo
-Sound: Amethyst, Pokemon Mystery Universe
-Graphic Rip: Neslug

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Reborn's assets are public with proper credit - I even asked Amethyst myself. This includes move animations.

idk about Rejuvenation, but they use the same attack/move animations as Reborn

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Unfortunately, the animation file size exceeds the 20 MB limit even as a .zip, & this site doesn't allow .rar.

What you can do is download Pokemon Reborn, open it in RPGmakerXP, start the game in debug, then go into the menu to export all animations into one folder.

Credit:
The Pokemon Reborn team
-Amethyst, Jan, Inuki, Smeargletail, Mde, Koyo
-Sound: Amethyst, Pokemon Mystery Universe
-Graphic Rip: Neslug

Okay, I thought if we just copied it there was a lag before animation

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
There is, but you can look at this link to cache the animations & remove lag:https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=429390

I know it says it's for Elite Battle System, but it works for regular Essentials too (for v17.2 at least, untested on v18)

I was using that guide, but I got lost at the part where I have to add stuff at PField_metadata. I couldn't find that part anywhere in scripts. Do you remember where it is by any chance?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
PField_Metadata is between PField_Weather and PField_Battles.

Once within the PField_Metadata script, use Ctrl+F and enter "class PokemonTemp". "forceSingleBattle" is the last attr_accessor. The bold is the addition suggested in the Cache thread.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Yeah, it's not there for some reason. This is on the project in rgpxp?? Thanks for all of the help btw

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
PField_Metadata is between PField_Weather and PField_Battles.

Once within the PField_Metadata script, use Ctrl+F and enter "class PokemonTemp". "forceSingleBattle" is the last attr_accessor. The bold is the addition suggested in the Cache thread.
Spoiler:

Nevermind, like old like the game wasn't made with version 17.2 of essentials, so I'm going to attempt to upgrade it. Thanks for all of your help!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 30, 2024
Hello,

I would like to ask if anyone has successfully imported the move animations from Pokemon Reborn or Rejuvenation* while minimizing lag? I am using Essentials v17.2 by the way, if that matters.

Attempt #1 (successful but incredibe lag): I copied the sound effects, animation graphics, move2anim.dat, moves.dat, PkmnAnimations.rxdata, and Animations.rxdata from Pokemon Reborn into my game. The lag is quite noticeable. Also, it undoes the animations.rxdata file additions from mej71's Follower add-on, but I'm sure I could re-add those via critical thinking and using the Essentials Docs wiki.

Attempt #2 (unsuccesful): I used "Export All Battle Animations" from Pokemon Reborn, then imported the newly created Animations folder into my game using the "Import all Battle Animations" feature. At first, I got an error:

Exception: Name Error
Message: undefined local variable or method 'index' for ... located in Debug_Actions:797 in 'pbImportAllAnimations'...

Attempt #2.1 (partial success: moves imported without lag, but the moves are not associated correctly): I made a very minor alteration to the def pbImportAllAnimations code, noted in bold. All I did was move 'animations.resize(index)' to within where index is defined and commented out where it previously was.
Spoiler:

With this, I was able to mass import move animations using "Import All Move Animations" but no animation shows up for various effects that have animations in Reborn/Rejuvenation such as mega evolving, surf, dig, waterfall, etc... At first, I thought it was unsuccessful but I noticed that some moves have animations from other moves - bite looks like feint attack, etc... This leads me to believe that the moves are in but aren't properly associated.

I would like to request help in my endeavor in implementing these move animations. If no one else has done it, then I'll resort to importing move animations one by one. While tedious, I've heard success stories + it wouldn't overwrite the animations.rxdata file changes from Mej71's Follower Pokemon add-on either.

*(Reborn and Rejuvenation have the same move animations and can be used by the public as long as sufficient credit is given, which I have in my credits list)

How did you solve the problem with the wrong animation in the move? (E.J: Watrfall show pay day animation).
I use Essential V18.1 and i am awful with the code adaptation.

Back