• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Move Animations from Pokemon Reborn/Rejuvenation

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Hello,

I would like to ask if anyone has successfully imported the move animations from Pokemon Reborn or Rejuvenation* while minimizing lag? I am using Essentials v17.2 by the way, if that matters.

Attempt #1 (successful but incredibe lag): I copied the sound effects, animation graphics, move2anim.dat, moves.dat, PkmnAnimations.rxdata, and Animations.rxdata from Pokemon Reborn into my game. The lag is quite noticeable. Also, it undoes the animations.rxdata file additions from mej71's Follower add-on, but I'm sure I could re-add those via critical thinking and using the Essentials Docs wiki.

Attempt #2 (unsuccesful): I used "Export All Battle Animations" from Pokemon Reborn, then imported the newly created Animations folder into my game using the "Import all Battle Animations" feature. At first, I got an error:

Exception: Name Error
    Message: undefined local variable or method 'index' for ... located in Debug_Actions:797 in 'pbImportAllAnimations'...

Attempt #2.1 (partial success: moves imported without lag, but the moves are not associated correctly): I made a very minor alteration to the def pbImportAllAnimations code, noted in bold. All I did was move 'animations.resize(index)' to within where index is defined and commented out where it previously was.
    Spoiler:

With this, I was able to mass import move animations using "Import All Move Animations" but no animation shows up for various effects that have animations in Reborn/Rejuvenation such as mega evolving, surf, dig, waterfall, etc... At first, I thought it was unsuccessful but I noticed that some moves have animations from other moves - bite looks like feint attack, etc... This leads me to believe that the moves are in but aren't properly associated.

I would like to request help in my endeavor in implementing these move animations. If no one else has done it, then I'll resort to importing move animations one by one. While tedious, I've heard success stories + it wouldn't overwrite the animations.rxdata file changes from Mej71's Follower Pokemon add-on either.

*(Reborn and Rejuvenation have the same move animations and can be used by the public as long as sufficient credit is given, which I have in my credits list)

I did what you did in attempt number 1 but the movements are totally unbalanced, it doesn't match their strength, how do I fix it?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I did what you did in attempt number 1 but the movements are totally unbalanced, it doesn't match their strength, how do I fix it?

What do you mean by unbalanced? This #1 Attempt should work fine (though you shouldn't need to copy Animations.rxdata because this isn't for move animations), and if you need a fix for the lag I can tell you how to do that as well. There are a few problems when converting to v17 (and probably v18) that you'll have to look into for specific moves, though. Off the top of my head I'm thinking of all moves with charging animations (as well as 2 turn moves), Venom Drench, Sludge Wave, Muddy Water, and Surf, but I know there are more.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2022
    Hey there! I am interested in the solution you found to have both Reborn/Rejuvenation move animations and mej's17 following Pokemon, specially in 18.1

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I saw somebody else mention the sprites and icons. What about those because I heard they were for public use with proper crediting?

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    Hey guys !

I am really interested by the move animations from Pokemon Reborn for my game, but I didn't manage to export the animations from Pokemon Reborn.
    There is no "Export All Battle Animations" in the Debug Menu like version 18.1, and even then the screen of the Battle Animation Editor is not sized correctly (don't know how to fix that), so I can't access any options.

So I tried copy/pasting the .dat and .rxdata files as well as the graphics, and I got an error :
    [TypeError, "incompatible marshal type format (can't be read)\n\tformat version 4.8 required; 0.0 given" {...} ]

Do you guys have the solution for that ?

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I saw somebody else mention the sprites and icons. What about those because I heard they were for public use with proper crediting?
    Wrong topic maybe?

Hey guys !

I am really interested by the move animations from Pokemon Reborn for my game, but I didn't manage to export the animations from Pokemon Reborn.
    There is no "Export All Battle Animations" in the Debug Menu like version 18.1, and even then the screen of the Battle Animation Editor is not sized correctly (don't know how to fix that), so I can't access any options.

So I tried copy/pasting the .dat and .rxdata files as well as the graphics, and I got an error :
    [TypeError, "incompatible marshal type format (can't be read)\n\tformat version 4.8 required; 0.0 given" {...} ]

Do you guys have the solution for that ?
    What version of Essentials are you using?
    As general advice, I suggest you upgrade to v18.1.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    My game is in version 18.1 though, so I don't know what might cause the problem.

I think I'll just try accessing the Battle Animation Editor with a fresh copy of Essentials with all the animations from Reborn and export them, maybe this can work ?

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    My game is in version 18.1 though, so I don't know what might cause the problem.

I think I'll just try accessing the Battle Animation Editor with a fresh copy of Essentials with all the animations from Reborn and export them, maybe this can work ?

Take the Gen 8 project. It contains the animations from Reborn.

Or if you want to extract the animations, take the file PkmnAnimations.rxdata from Reborn, put it in the Data folder of your game (back up your own PkmnAnimations.rxdata), open your game, and select Export All animations in the Debug menu.

I think that's it :S

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    I've tried exactly what you told me for the 2nd solution, but the error still poped up ...

But for the Gen 8 Project, I couldn't find the animations from Reborn, where are they exactly ? (I used the link you sent in one of your previous posts)

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I've tried exactly what you told me for the 2nd solution, but the error still poped up ...

But for the Gen 8 Project, I couldn't find the animations from Reborn, where are they exactly ? (I used the link you sent in one of your previous posts)

?????
    The animations from Reborn are in the PkmnAnimations.rxdata from the Gen 8 project! These are the default animations the Gen 8 project provides!

Animations from Reborn = Animations from Gen 8 project

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    That's what I understood, but the problem is there is no PkmnAnimations.rxdata in the Gen 8 Project. There is only a Scripts.rxdata.

Unless the Scripts.rxdata file is actually the file to use for the animations, the animations seem to be nowhere in the Gen 8 Project ...

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    That's what I understood, but the problem is there is no PkmnAnimations.rxdata in the Gen 8 Project. There is only a Scripts.rxdata.

Unless the Scripts.rxdata file is actually the file to use for the animations, the animations seem to be nowhere in the Gen 8 Project ...

Oooooooooooh I'm sorry, I didn't realise!
    Well, I got those animations somewhere...

Maybe just download Pokémon Reborn, and follow the instructions I gave in this post.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    Well, I don't know, but now it works when doing what you just said !
    Now I just have the issues tackled in previous posts, but the animations work now !

Thanks a lot StCooler !

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    Well I tried the solution that mgriffin used to solve the problem of the animations not correctly matched with the moves, but it doesn't work for me.

Is it meant to work for v18.1 ?

Back