• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Age Just a Number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • An argument I hear from people trying to justify their lust for a fictional underage minor and draw sexualized fanart of them is that age is just a number. But does this argument warrant any justification, which is what I'm trying to figure out?

I even saw it tackled in a few cartoons. In Young Justice, there was a debate from the Justice League on whether or not Superboy and Miss Martain should be in a relationship together because of their age difference despite their teenage appearances. Miss Martian is in her 30's, which is within the legal age of consent, whereas Superboy isn't even a year old yet due to being a clone of Superman. Then, while not actually debated in the actual show but raises a question, there's Avatar: the Last Airbender, where Aang was 112 years old and had romantic feelings for Katara, who was 14 at the time. This large age gap would've been a huge no for our age of consent laws. And what if our age of consent laws should apply to non-human beings now that sex robots are becoming more common in our society to appease ourselves without the need of a human partner? My Life As a Teenage Robot tackled this issue when XJ-9 was transferred to kindergarten when it's revealed she's 5 years old despite being designed as a teenager. Should we wait for our sex robots to turn 18 in order to use them as they were programmed to do? Same thing applies to virtual beings due to our evolving technology on virtual reality. If so, then these pedophiles would still be in trouble for masturbating or having virtual sex to fictional characters due to their age since their creation.

Will it come to a point where our age of consent laws become obsolete due to these unique situations and have to rework it to only allowing beings that look like adults to have consensual sex with each other?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    An argument I hear from people trying to justify their lust for a fictional underage minor and draw sexualized fanart of them is that age is just a number. But does this argument warrant any justification, which is what I'm trying to figure out?
    [...]
    Will it come to a point where our age of consent laws become obsolete due to these unique situations and have to rework it to only allowing beings that look like adults to have consensual sex with each other?
    I think you've already in the final part of the first post deviated from what this thread seemed to be about in the beginning. If you want to discuss whether age is just a number or not, that's fine, and providing your reasoning behind posing the question is fine.

If you want to discuss whether it's okay to have sex with robots of model 2016 or masturbate to cartoon kids, then that is simply not really appropriate here, at least not unless you discuss the thread you want to make with the moderator first:
    As a section that tackles topics about some more adult oriented or "PG-13" topics, Discussions & Debates usually stretches the boundaries of what's appropriate, content wise, on PC. Topics that could be construed as exceeding the PG-13 boundary should be brought to the D&D moderators or a Higher Staff member to be OK'd before being posted. Do not post threads of an explicit, vulgar, or explicitly sexual nature, or any associated content, in the forum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back