• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Charizard misprint dot value

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2018
    Hey everyone, new to the site have been collecting Pokemon cards since the game came out (minus the past 10 years) Throughout my collection I've always had this charizard card with a mis print from factory, a small perfect size ink dot over top of where it says Nintendo on the bottom left. Curious to know if anyone has seen this on other cards and in your opinions do you think the value would increase?. Never had the card graded but imo is in good shape.

Picture pending

20130418_173955.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • From a brief search, that looks like a "someone dropped a pen on it" issue.

It's not currently a known base set misprint, so odds are it's user error.

That said, I don't think it'd be worth much anyway.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2018
    It does look that way. But I bought the pack containing the card back when they first came out 20 ish years ago. The Mark has always been there like you said nothing crazy for a misprint. Just curious to see if anyone else has seen them.

Years
  • They are a thing that happen to some cards. They don't really make it worth any more than the unaffected card. Usually, they actually make it worth less. Some buyers might seek out this oddity, but they are a small minority of buyers.

Back