• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Damien's PC boxes backdrops thread of DOOM

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
  • Greetings,most dear fellow fan-devs! ^^
    It's me again, DAAAAAMIEEEEEEEEEENNN and after several weeks of concluding...well, actually nothing in development >_>,
    I decided to try image editing some more, and thus brought on your screens 5 PC boxes for your very enjoyment!^_^
    *random kricketot making xilophone sounds*

Before getting commenced, I'm willing to write : these pictures are free for use and redistribution,
    you might as well use them in your hacks/fangames, however if you were to make
    edited variants of these, please try contacting me and ask for consent before doing so.
    CREDIT ISN'T NECESSARY-_-. Advertising is appreciated{:3}.
    Claiming as yours is obviously theft :P.

How to install them?
    Well,you could replace existing backdrops in the Graphics/Pictures directory
    with these and rename them box"INSERTNUMBERHERE", unless you wish to
    have them as new backdrops with their own names, in that case... I can't help right now-_-.
    Perhaps I should search info about that...unless someone else intervenes in this thread.

So,the first one is a team Plasma inspired background.
    attachment.php

It has embossed plasma-sphere like lightnings coming from the middle,
    dark storm clouds behind and a transparent Plasma banner in the front.
    The header has storm clouds with lightnings with a less realistic shape but more
    realistic... uhm, anyway every lightning was based off those seen in the Plasma battle transition.
    I also decided to customize a bit the frames(black with white borders) and the arrow buttons, bearing fitting blazons.

Second we have a team Rocket inspired theme.
    attachment.php

I think I could name it "Blasting off",since it seems fitting. I've been painting that rocket basing myself off
    a screenshot from "Where no Togepi has gone before", an episode of the Diamond&Pearl series in the
    main anime, and added flames and smoke. The header is based off an alphabet picture book seen
    in "Go west young Meowth"(Indigo League season,original series,main anime).Yes, the one THAT Meowth used while
    he was learning how to speak! However, as the usual "genius" I am,I decided to make evrything centered,repeating
    the mistake I made with the EBS icons and thus planet and rocket are covered up by TEXT(FAIL!-_-).
    The arrow buttons and the frames come directly from the Rocket PokéGear theme (ripped by Jackster, credit to him).

Third we have porfido cubes!
    attachment.php

This could be named Antique city, City of arts, porfido or porfido paving.
    Perhaps you find the paving from the city backdrop too plain and dull?Or perhaps you don't enjoy having a
    contemporary city background in the header?In this case you could make your own box with tiles/textures from
    in-game settlements(D&P Giubilife, Pt Heartdome and Hg&Ss Goldenrod paving look quite nice) or you could use THIS!
    The backdrop is quite self-explanatory. The backdrop's frame is made with marble tiles(texture provided by the editor),
    the header is the view on a clear sky and old houses,filtered by arches and columns(the sky has my usual noises-and-oilify cliche) and
    instead of the arrows we have amateur-sprited Rhydon statues indicating left and right.The colours used for arches and
    columns come from a picture of the Spear pillar atop Mt.Coronet, Sinnoh, and the ones used for the statues come from
    the statues in the Ruins of Alph, Johto(Hg&Ss)

Fourth we have...GS...
    attachment.php

I'm...not too sure what I was trying to accomplish...
    Backdrop and arrows colours come from relic gold and silver tokens found in Unova, the frames are from GSC,
    the header is based off the SuperGB frames for the games(ripped by Rob-Fox,credit to them),the background has
    a radial brushed look, the Gs logo was painted off the official one with gold and silver being the same of
    the backdrop and then there's silhouettes of the legendary Lugia and Ho-oh...

Fifth,completed just a while before making this post my post was prevented from today's mantainance({XD}),we have a...pool...
    attachment.php

Yep,it's a pool, there's nothing to it...
    Although this one had several elaborate processes and I'm NOT going to write them down :P.
    However, I will write to you that the towel is based off a shirt design, the inflatable
    matress is based off(and has the colours of) the one seen in Emerald, the inner tube has
    the colours of the one worn by tubers in R,S&E.The borders are made with tiles from an
    Emerald tileset (credit to Heartlessdragoon,despite they stated credit isn't needed) given some
    filtering. I also thought Poke-ball design beach balls would've been nice in place of arrows.
    I'm not sure if I'm done with this one, I might add something more on the floortiles and move
    matress and towel a little bit.
    You might wish to try this one out, and place some fellow Pokémon on towel,tube and matress.
    Seriously, try that out : it's an epic victory!

Attachments

• plasma box completemethinks.png
      plasma box completemethinks.png
      56.9 KB · Views: 272
    • rocket blasting off.png
      rocket blasting off.png
      36.6 KB · Views: 269
    • box antique city or porfido.png
      box antique city or porfido.png
      79.1 KB · Views: 267
    • box GS.png
      box GS.png
      55 KB · Views: 266
    • box pool.png
      box pool.png
      62.9 KB · Views: 265
    Last edited:

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
    Years
  • Okay,
    I don't really have too many ideas in mind, and since I'm stressed for the oral exposition I'll
    have to perform during the exams, I decided to play down and use the topic itself as idea for
    a backdrop...
    What's the topic?Well, it's...recursion...
    attachment.php

Attachments

• box recursion.png
      box recursion.png
      27.2 KB · Views: 206
    Back