• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga New Death Note one-shot released

Years
  • The creators of Death Note got together to make a new one-shot! It involves a new main character along with cameos of past characters, besides L and Light (for obvious reasons). You can read it for free on Viz's website using the left arrow key to turn pages:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/death-note-special-one-shot-chapter-1/chapter/19985?action=read

I just finished and it was soo good, reminds me of why the original was as good as it was. Seeing a manga equivalent of Donald Trump was....amusing, to say the least, and the ending was a little unexpected for me, but still interesting. What do you guys think?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Unrealistic!!

Spoiler:

I loved that, though. I too had forgotten how great Death Note was. The suspense and the mind games are just so good and it was nice to go back to it after so much time. A short like this was the perfect length for revisiting it, too.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • This was a fantastic one-shot. I love how the main character found a way to use the Death Note without actually killing anyone. It makes me want more Death Note one-shots in the future.

Also damn, Near's hair got LONG. Nice to see Near's still doing what he always does.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    I loved it!! As was said, it reminded me of why Death Note was so good and exciting. Ryuk's amusingly amoral as ever. Near's Fisher-Price burglar toy and things amused me, his hair got so long!!

I never did finish the original, I ought to, so I can get to know younger Near!

I loved the acknowledgment of how much the world changed since then and the considerations in this plan...

DN Trump's self-serving bravado is perfect.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2020
    it was a pretty different take on using the death note! this definitely did inspire me to go through the series again though!

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2020
    9/10.

I'm chalking a whole point off because of the ending. It was, for lack of a better term, ass.

Agreed, everything up until the very end was basically 10/10, as it's very different than the original series, and brought something new for the modern era. But that ending, what a cop-out.

Back