• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Team Rocket Returning

Years
I liked how they returned in GSC and were trying to get Giovanni to come back, they were intergrated well into the region of Johto, with the Slowpoke Well, Radio Tower, Mahogany Town etc! That being said, they were laughably weak at the Radio Tower, but that was a problem with the Johto level curve which was at fault for a couple of the games' issues. Also, I liked the Celebi event with Team Rocket & Giovanni in HGSS, that was a nice extra :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
It makes sense. Of course there's going to be a few who don't accept the groups demise, and maybe a few others who know nothing except working with Team Rocket. These are the ones who would keep the group alive past it's prime.

I don't even think the events of gen 2 would completely end them. If you kept that timeline going there would probably be more members who don't accept the end of the organization.

Last edited:

User Anon 1848

It was nice to see them again along with their struggle to rebuild themselves as a fearsome organization. It did feel kind of anti-climactic to have them defeated and disbanded again halfway through the game, barring that one grunt you encounter later, but I think this could've been remedied if we got to encounter and battle Giovanni himself later on in the game instead. Even if it was just to hear his reaction to his old organization trying to go on without him after Red defeated him and maybe comment on his son, Silver. We got to face all of the other challenges in Kanto that Red faced so why not the former boss of the team he disbanded too?

Years
I would have loved to have a three-way encounter with Silver, Giovanni and the protagonist them-self where we really get more of the backstory of the two in-game, but I thought overall that team rocket appearing was an excellent addition to generation 2, I'm honestly surprised team rocket was more of a staple of several other generations, they always included something involving team rocket in the manga and anime adaptions of the series after-all.

Back