• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✜// CHECKMATE (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Vieve Gotle

Glancing down into the garden I see Pussysprite with Gavin in his... arms! No offense to Pussysprite but I'm in shock that he can carry that much weight. Not that Gavin's fat but I can't pick him up. Pussysprite seriously needs to cover up his chest because if Gavin wakes up he'll just faint (with pleasure) at the sight of those. I'll have to talk to Pussysprite about wearing a shirt or something later.

"Is Vinnie alright and inside the Medium yet? Because in that case, I think I have some fun stuff to show you! I don't know how I think that, but it's as if... as if I suddenly know things and when to tell them to you :D~"

Fun stuff, I'm beginning to think that's code for, "Stuff that will kill you, fun!" Is Vinnie all right? Who cares about Vinnie!?! Okay, I am his server player so I need to be the responsible one and go check on him. I turn around to start walking back to my desk but I glance at Gavin one last time before heading back. Clicking open the Vinnie Cam to reveal that he is talking to a clown person thing with a beak. What the hell is that thing? I vaguely remember tossing in that lawn flamingo and I'm guessing this is the result? Oh, perhaps I can shoot Vinnie a message to make sure he's not in any trouble.

-- paintSplatter begun pestering bemyValentine --
PS: You okay?
PS: If you run into any of those imps beware they're dangerous.
PS: I guess you're in Medium now

Didn't Pussysprite say he can tell me something? Instantly I'm up and running into the garden to locate Pussysprite who's in the same place. I take a moment to stop and stare at my scenery, which is really quite fascinating. This place must be holding terrible secrets and thrilling mysterious for me to uncover.

"Story time? Fun Stuff? What is it?"

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
--
[S-HIGHLIGHT]VIEVE[/S-HIGHLIGHT]​

Pussysprite puts Gavin down on your bed and then turns to you with a smile and a purr. "It's time to ALCHEMIZE!"

Even though he says that, he doesn't lead you to the ALCHEMITER. Instead, he takes you to the CRUXTRUDER. "You'll have to extract a lot more CRUXITE if we're going to make some sweet stuff. I'll help!"

With that, he starts turning the handle on the machine, making several purple dowels pop up one after another and landing in a pile on the ground. He then takes some of them to the TOTEM LATHE and puts them in a pile there instead, expecting you to follow his lead and keep a storage of CRUXITE near the totem machine.

"Next, we'll have to get more PUNCHED CARDS to put into this TOTEM LATHE. Cards design what the TOTEM should look like, and the TOTEM decides what the ALCHEMITER will produce! You'll have to get Ricardo to DEPLOY a PUNCH DESIGNIX. With it, we will be able to create new PUNCHED CARDS."

Pussysprite purrs again. "I still had no idea that I knew all this, haha! Anyways. While we are waiting for the PUNCH DESIGNIX to get deployed, you can think about what items you'd like to alchemize. They are created by captaloguing two other items and scanning both pink (or green) cards with the new machine. Then, a red card with punched holes in it will be spat out by the DESIGNIX and that's what we'll put into the TOTEM LATHE! For example, you can combine your AXE with something else in your house, to create a more efficient weapon! Actually, you can create almost anything with this technique. Sometimes the results are rather unpredictable..."

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Get Ricardo to deploy the PUNCH DESIGNIX. Choose items to combine and create PUNCHED CARDS and carve TOTEMS from them. End a post if you put a TOTEM in the ALCHEMITER.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
==> Vinnie: Prepare for war

Kefka does a creepy smile, or at least a weird facial expression. His beak makes it hard to tell if he's actually smiling."Supposed to be doing? HEHEHEHE! Everything! This world is OURS, you know!"

Well. That wasn't very informa-

Kefka flies up through the hole in my bedroom ceiling, and out a window in the library. He stretches his wings out, showing off an impressive wingspan. That could make any golden eagle jealous.

"Naturally, the first thing to do is to survive. Do you have your sword on you? Because I can hear the footsteps of COMPANY, hehehe! Oh, I can see them as well. But since my... powers don't seem to be working..." He leaned back, making himself comfortable in mid air. It kind of looks like his victory pose from Dissidia, only he isn't scratching himself awkwardly. Thank god. "It seems you'll have to do the fighting!"

So there are enemies here too? Well, I guess I should have seen that coming, since it is a video game after all. I wonder if there is like a combat mode, or if we just brawl it out? I guess I'll see soon, because Mémé spotted the goons.

"Vinnie, look!"

She pointed out the window, past KEFKASPRITE. Two figures were on the horizon, flying towards the house. They had the same wings as Kefka, only smaller to match proportions. They were pink, and had colorful clothing...kinda like kefka. I guess the enemies here change along with the KernalSprite? Or whatever it is? Its seems highly probable. I take my green wallet out...that's the weapon one right? I can't remember. Anyway, yes, it has my Gunblade Card in it. I sorta "reach" in with my fingers and the sword pops into my hand. Its pretty heavy, and the tip dips down, coming dangerously close to my legs. I'll have to use two hands to hold it. This is going to take a while to get used to. I sit by the window, watching Kefka goof off while the pink things make their way here. I hear pesterchum beep from inside my pendant. How strange. I pull it out of its card and check my pesterlog. Vieve.

BV: Oui, all good here.
BV: And yes, il y a enemies.
BV: Shoot, I meant "there are enemies". My french keeps slipping in.
BV: I'm gonna guess and say that you fought the enemies already? Are you and your family okay?

For some reason, my mind switched to French for a minute, and I forgot Vieve was speaking English. Weird. But hey, nothing compared to whats happened so far, right? Any-who, another pester incoming. My friendly dinosaur was back. He was kinda annyoing earlier, but now I want to talk to him. He seems to know about this stuff going down.

-- velociClamper began pestering bemyValentine --
VC: Vinnie!!
VC: are you alive?!

BV: Whoa, whoa. hold your velociraptors, I'm fine.
BV: But there are a few enemies here so if you need to say something, now is the time
BV: Can you tell me a little bit about this "game"?
BV: (hurry, I'm about to be afk)

I decide to check on Candice as well. I probably should do that more often, as her server.

-- bemyValentine began pestering archaicMiracle --
BV: Hey Candice
BV: How are you holding up? Anything I need to worry about?

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
RICARDO: Focus!

I take a second or two to revel in my victory over Vieve's evil twin brother, before my sprite's sudden change in appearance reminds me of some very important facts:
  1. I'm Candice's client now,
  2. which means I have to do the client stuff
  3. in order to save my household from imminent destruction…
  4. BECAUSE THERE'S A METEORITE HEADING STRAIGHT AT MY HOUSE!!!
My Pesterchum seems to be going crazy at the moment, and noticing that Candice is attempting to speak with me I figure I might as well take a look:
AM: Oh and, your servants are trying to get to you...
AM: Not sure what to do about that.

BE: Damn, really?
BE: OK, stall them!
BE: I'll be done in a second.
Well… it seems I have no more time to waste.

I hurry over to my bathroom and navigate my way over my bed and a 17th Century couch that belonged to Isaac Newton. 'I really have to berate Candice about this at some point' I realize as I retrieve a dull grey cylinder from the "stripper pole" machine.

Once I have my Cruxtruder on hand, I pretty much leap over into my bedroom. Surprised? Well, despite the fact that I am not by any means actively athletic, I did [forcefully] have to play soccer for most of my childhood, and although I stopped, I haven't eaten enough in order to completely undermine my previous athletic ability. So, how d'you like them apples?

I dash over to the outside of my room, where the Totem Lathe is located, and I set the Cruxtruder and Pre-Punched Cards in their corresponding slots, which triggers the Lathe, causing it to carve a Totem out of the Cruxtruder.
(If you can even call it that, now it just looks like a sexier cylinder really… Get it? 'Cuz it has more curves?)

I laugh at my own joke. Don't judge me though… don't even dare.

Finally, I'm at the last step. I don't even dare check how much time is left before I set my sexy Totem on its pedestal on the Alchemiter. It is at this point that I can finally hear my mom frantically screaming "RICAAARRDOOOOOOO!!!"… I can only hope that Candice will stall her long enough for me to get us out of the way of the goddamn meteorite. For now, I simply take a deep breath, and activate the Alchemiter.

* * *​

OOC: Short post is short. I know it feels a bit rushed, but I swear my posts will get back up to par as soon as I get some more practice in.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
--
[S-HIGHLIGHT]VINNIE[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

BV: But there are a few enemies here so if you need to say something, now is the time

VC: velociraptors what?
VC: ah I'm glad to hear you're ok!!
VC: can't see you anymore
VC: but enemies! yes there are always enemies. you'll learn to battle them and get stronger automatically as you kill them
VC: and killing isn't a bad thing here!!
VC: they aren't really alive in the same way we are
VC: or so I'd like to think :/
VC: just keep defeating them and you'll soon feel stronger and faster!
VC: it's like magic!! :D

Then, the weird, pink, lowflying jokers reach your house. KEFKASPRITE laughs from the sky above, apparently eager to see what you'll do. Mémé just gives you a determined look.

"Go get them, Vinnie!"

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Enter STRIFE MODE.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

--
[S-HIGHLIGHT]RICARDO[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

As you put the TOTEM on the ALCHEMITER's small platform, a robot arm comes down to scan it. Something gray suddenly appears out of thin air on the large platform. It's a line of pillars, taller than yourself. The curved line they make on the platform make them look like pieces in a domino game. As if they were meant to be knocked over...

Your mother is running towards your room. Whatever you're gonna do, you'd better do it quickly before she interferes and kills you both by not letting you do your thing.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> As if you could resist knocking them over now. Or maybe you'll have some other bright idea of how to interact with the pillars?[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

((OOC: Now I think my post was unusually non-detailed xD Sorry for that.))

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Vieve Gotle

"It's time to ALCHEMIZE!"

"Alchemize?" Pussysprite is going nuts because he just yells random things now. I thank him as he lays Gavin on my bed and I go to sit down beside him. Before I have a chance Pussysprite wraps his paws around my arm and drags me over to the Cruxtruder.

"You'll have to extract a lot more CRUXITE if we're going to make some sweet stuff. I'll help!"

"The last thing I need is more of this stuff." My words don't seem to be having any affect on him as he keeps turning the handle. Purple block things multiple in front of me, I remember having to do this for that other machine. Pussysprite takes off with some of them, which means that I have to carry the rest. Darn him! Scooping up the purple dowels I follow my "leader" to the Totem machine.

"Next, we'll have to get more PUNCHED CARDS to put into this TOTEM LATHE. Cards design what the TOTEM should look like, and the TOTEM decides what the ALCHEMITER will produce! You'll have to get Ricardo to DEPLOY a PUNCH DESIGNIX. With it, we will be able to create new PUNCHED CARDS." Pussysprite takes a short pause before he does his purring routine and then speaks again. He's always going into these big long rants about stuff that he just magically knows now. I think something's fishy and he knows more than he's letting on. "I still had no idea that I knew all this, haha! Anyways. While we are waiting for the PUNCH DESIGNIX to get deployed, you can think about what items you'd like to alchemize. They are created by captaloguing two other items and scanning both pink (or green) cards with the new machine. Then, a red card with punched holes in it will be spat out by the DESIGNIX and that's what we'll put into the TOTEM LATHE! For example, you can combine your AXE with something else in your house, to create a more efficient weapon! Actually, you can create almost anything with this technique. Sometimes the results are rather unpredictable..."

"Get Ricardo to give me Punch Designix? Alchemizing? Cards? Okay, let's take this one step at a time." I turn away to get on the computer. This alchemizing stuff is really cool! I need to combine my axe with something to make it lighter like Pussysprite said but what if it ends up being useless. My computer, yes, I definitely need to combine it with something so I can take it with me. I click on Ricardo's conversation with me its been awhile.

-- paintSplatter began to pester babelsEngineer --
PS: I necesitas the Punch Designx
PS: I hope you're Medium!
PS: Adias!
PS: WAIT
PS: YOU BASTARD
PS: YOU HIT MY BROTHER WITH A CHAIR
PS: TE OIDIO
PS: I NEEDED HELP WITH THE MONSTERS!
PS: WHY WOULD I NEED HELP WITH MY BORTHER YOU MAPACHE
PS: I AM GOING TO RIP YOUR SKULL OUT FROM YOUR HEAD AND
PS: And... nevermind. You just better hope he's okay. For your sake.

Sometimes I overreact but Ricardo deserves it! I made so many typos in those messages that I wish that there's an edit button. I breathe in and out to calm myself so I don't do anything too foolish. Oh! Vinnie's and mine conversation is glowing that means that he's alive. Those imps-like things didn't get him then, which is good. Though, it would eliminate one annoying person from the group. Ooops, guess I shouldn't wish death on anyone or rather Vinnie and Candice.

BV: I'm gonna guess and say that you fought the enemies already? Are you and your family okay?

PS: Yes, I fought them!
PS: My brother's here but Ricardo knocked him out with a chair!
PS: TO THE HEAD.

Maybe I can remove the caps lock key from my computer because I have a feeling I'm abusing it. This alchemizing stuff, now what am I going to combine together? My computer with, what's something that I always carry around with me? I need something light so that it's not a hassle for me. Staring down into my lap I notice my watch, my father's, the hands are frozen in place but the memories it brings me. I laugh and for what reason I don't know but I do know that my father would get a kick out of his baby girl kicking some major monsterass! Well that settles that one but now my axe and another thing...

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
RICARD: Enter the Medium

A robotic arm comes down to scan the Totem as soon as I place it on the Alchemiter's small platform. Suddenly, a line of pillars, taller even than me appear on the Alchemiter's larger plaform. They are arranged in a curved line on the platform that makes them look like pieces in a domino game; 'as if they were meant to be knocked over...'

'No!' I think to myself. 'I can't let childish impulses decide my actions right now; I have to take this seriously and in a calculating fashion.'

I begin to think of ways to solve this "puzzle", by checking for any markings on the pillars, or something…

Suddenly, my greatest fear becomes reality - not that it ever wasn't - when I hear my mom's distinctively high-pitched angry voice calling: "Ricardo Ernesto Nieto de la Coruña! You are coming down THIS INSTANT!"

I gulp.

It's no secret that when Mexican mothers yell your full name at you, you're in deep trouble. I mean, maybe not 'end of the world' deep trouble, which I just so happen to be in right now, although suddenly not existing seems like not such a bad idea anymore…

Suddenly I hear a loud, boom-esque explosion. Well, not really an explosion, I, being the nerd that I am, understand that this is likely only the precursor to the meteor's final crash. The temperature also soars up, indicating that the meteor is likely crossing the Earth's atmosphere.

Furthermore, I can hear Wilfred's distinctive footsteps racing to my room (or was it Alfred today? Bertha?). He's close, and has likely noticed the Totem Lathe outside my front door.

OK, now I can say that I am beginning to freak out. Maybe I'm supposed to do this without being found out, or maybe the people coming after me are only constructs of the game, since I don't recall ever seeing my mom come back. Actually, this would make sense, considering that the chances of a computer game triggering the end of the world honestly CAN'T be high enough for it to actually happen, and the chances of me having to collapse a squiggly line of 'domino' in order to stop it only make it that much more far-fetched. I need to fully utilize the time I have left to make sure to avoid any mistakes and, looking back, I realize that there's six… no five seconds left before the world is incinerated by space rocks!

'THINK DAMNIT, THINK!' I demand of myself as I bang my head against the closest solid object… whoops.

I suddenly feel the slate gray wall before me give in the the power of my headbutt, and fall forward… carrying me with it. We crash into a second wall, and continue falling as I look forward towards the ongoing destruction triggered by my expected lack of judgement. "It's beautiful…"

I close my eyes and pray to God that my life doesn't actually depend on this…

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Candice Greyson​

I watched as everything fell into the sprite, causing some strange transformation. At the same time I got a notification from Vieve. Worried about her, I immediately respond to her.

PS: Crisis?
PS: Ricardo just hit my brother in the head with a chair
PS: I got attacked by those imps
PS: This is a lot more stressful than I thought it would be.
PS: I hope our misfortunate turns into something great.

AM: Oh wow...
AM: Well it is a crisis then.
AM: I feel out of it right now.
AM: Contact you later when I clear my head somehow.

Closing Pesterchum, instead the screen showed Ricardo's new prototype...it was a gray thing. LEGOFOOTSPRITE seems the best thing to call it now. Unknown as how Ricardo would act, I turn and try to get some time for myself. My arm felt pretty weak, since plenty of blood had already been dripping out. I decided to check what was going on with my arm. Revealing the wound, it was already healing up. Dizzy, I took out a Mountain Dew and gulped down the drink. FLUFFRICKSPRITE then appears in front of me, his figure green as I try to look at him through the green bottle.

"Your dad is looking for his bat since we spotted some more imps outside. My guess is he won't find it, right?" he blinks at me. "How is your friend doing? As soon as he is safely inside the MEDIUM, I have something useful to show you!" Now his face turns yellow, but then blue rather quickly. "I'll just go and make sure that your dad doesn't get himself bitten. I think that would be a bad thing."

"Yeah, that would be best right now...," I mumbled after finishing the drink. "Actually...thanks. I'll defeat the imps myself. I should get leveling up anyway," I said, smiling at the thought of leveling up. The fact I leveled up IN A GAME WAS AWESOME. Everything wasn't so bland and boring anymore. Although everything had to be taken seriously now, I just loved the feeling of adrenaline...no longer those skateboarders did such daring things! No matter I loved Parkour! Of course, I have to use my skills soon too...

Before I could leave the room, I was caught by surprise by another notification. It was Ricardo this time.

BE: Damn, really?
BE: OK, stall them!
BE: I'll be done in a second.

Stall them? How can I do that? Confused, I get back on my laptop and try to figure out how to do this. A few were checking the bathroom, while others were already outside freaking out. Laughing at the mess, since I was safe and they weren't, I start to push a comfy sofa I found and start to push them AWAY from Ricardo's room. It was a success, since not only did it push them away, but it freaked them out. I never felt better at such an accomplishment. This power felt good. That's when a mother screamed out his name. Not wanting to harm her, I put down the couch right in front of her. She was hard to read. Not knowing if it worked, I start to pile things up in front of Ricardo's room. Hopefully I managed to stall time for him.

Moving around the screen over to Ricardo, I was surprised to see grey pillars. Curious, I stop and watch to see what he was going to do....wait, did he just HEADBUTT? Whoops, his fault. I watch as he starts to break wall to wall...or something else? The grip of my hands tightens around the Mountain Dew as I watch, hoping he doesn't run out of time. It would feel horrible if I have failed.

I didn't want to fail.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
--
[S-HIGHLIGHT]VIEVE[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Doesn't seem like Ricardo has time to deploy machines for you right now. At least you've now got a good supply of CRUXITE near the TOTEM LATHE, so you won't have to bother running around getting more when you create totems.

A computer watch would indeed be useful. You'll need to captchalogue both the computer and the watch and scan the codes that will appear on the back of the pink cards, with the PUNCH DESIGNIX. Then a new, red and punched card will be ejected from the new machine. A card that goes well into the slot on the TOTEM LATHE. And after that, you pretty much know the drill now, right?

((Just remember to end a post whenever you use the ALCHEMITER, since the GM decides the outcome of the alchemized combination.))

PUSSYSPRITE seems unnerved. "Hissss... I think more imps are coming. My nipples are hardening, just from thinking about it!"

Ugh.

"But I can try and stall the imps while you... while you BUILD! Yes, that's obviously what you have to do now. As soon as you don't have anything to do on LOFAR, you should build Vinnie's house up. Up towards his first gate~:3"

This is what's suddenly crawling across your garden. They seem less angry and more mischievous than the last imps.

2q363ag.png

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Somehow make Vinnie's house a stable multi-store building. Or enter STRIFE MODE, if you'd rather take care of the imp yourself. You decide for yourself how many imps you want to fight. Or do both.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

--
[S-HIGHLIGHT]RICARDO
LAND OF OCEAN AND WILL
(LOOAW)[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/savior-of-the-dreaming-dead

The METEOR has indeed entered the atmosphere and the people on the streets panic and do not want to accept that this will be the end of them. The METEOR is so large, probably half the size of the moon. How can Earth even survive an impact like that?

That's not on your mind at the moment, though. As you frantically headbang the gray pillar, nothing is probably on your mind. Except your subconscious. Yeah, let's say that it was your subconscious that figured out how to do this. It will be less awkward later on.

The air is red, the temperature is rising to unbelievable levels; you wouldn't survive for more than a few seconds... unless you suddenly left Earth and found yourself someplace totally different.

A cool breeze suddenly mixes in with the hot air and even drives it away. The sound of ocean waves meets your eardrum instead of screams and the frightened rumbling of the Earth. Only the peaceful sound of ocean waves. And something more... oh, right. Your mother, screaming on the other side of your door as if her life was in danger. As if. "Someone" has stacked a ton of items on the other side of the door to prevent her from getting to you. Candice? At least your mother survived too. Whether that is a very nice thing or not, you aren't sure of yet. Did your servants come with you too?

If you would step out from the house, you would see that you are on a tiny island with not much more than a bunch of cliffs and beaches and a patch of palm forest. You can spot other islands on the far horizon. The weather is very cloudy, with occasional rays of sunlight reaching you.

LEGOFOOTSPRITE is there with you, regardless if you have really noticed it or not. Before so calm, it is now starting to shake heavily and suddenly two... orbs? Two orbs erupt from its blinking body. One black and one white. They both shoot off to somewhere outside, in different directions. What's left is still LEGOFOOTSPRITE, but instead of just being a blinking head, it now seems to have a body. And it stopped blinking, luckily.

The sprite is gray and looks like a dinosaur with a long neck and small head. It's got front legs, hanging unenthusiastically along its sides, but no hind legs. Just a ghostly tail of sorts. The whole sprite is floating in the air, just like before. Also, there is something strange about its skin... it seems to be consisting of bricks, as if LEGOFOOTSPRITE was made up by lego and could be taken apart at any moment.

"Swell," it says with a gloomy voice. "Is my existence worth more now or are you going to put me into a corner or pick me apart soon? Sorry, I mean: welcome to Land of Ocean and Will. This is where you'll be stuck for a long time. With me. Oh, joy."

You're not sure if you have ever heard a more depressed being speak.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> React.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

--
[S-HIGHLIGHT]CANDICE[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

The imps that now try to climb into your windows look and behave a bit differently from the last ones. They still look like colorful bears, but now they wear some weird even more colorful clothing and they act more... mischievously? Anyways, your dad is trying to beat them with a frying pan at the moment and even though a frying pan certainly is not a bad choice of weapon, it is unclear if your dad will get the same strength boost from the game as you will when you defeat enemies and rise in levels. Maybe sheer determination does a lot, though. FLUFFRICKSPRITE seems determined to keep dad away from them, at least. He forcefully swoops an imp away with his strange arm, grabs dad with his other arm and drags him off to give you space to fight.

shal3.png

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Enter STRIFE MODE. You decide how many imps you want to fight now. FLUFFRICKSPRITE and DAD are bunnyable.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
==> Vinnie: Go kick some ass. Ignore trying to keep language clean

Mr. Dinosaur replies first, unsurprisingly. He/she seems awfully cheerful, especially in such a weird situation.

VC: velociraptors what?
VC: ah I'm glad to hear you're ok!!
VC: can't see you anymore
VC: but enemies! yes there are always enemies. you'll learn to battle them and get stronger automatically as you kill them
VC: and killing isn't a bad thing here!!
VC: they aren't really alive in the same way we are
VC: or so I'd like to think :/
VC: just keep defeating them and you'll soon feel stronger and faster!
VC: it's like magic!! :D

BV: Okay, so its like an rpg,
BV: and we get exp and level up as we go?
BV: Alright, thanks. That's actually helpful.

So this game is an rpg, or rather it has rpg like elements.....that somehow makes me feel more comfortable, as RPGs were always my specialty. So does that mean there are skill requirements for weapons? Like I need 30 strength to use a bigger gunblade? Well....I guess its less of a numerical value, and I just get generally stronger as I go. Maybe I can use my Revolverblade better after I shred some enemies?

Speaking of enemies, Vieve is in a little trouble too.

BV: Oh, crap
BV: what the hell is ricardo thinking?
BV: Good luck dealing with him, I feel sorry for you.

Damn, I didn't know Ricardo was so stupid. I mean he's a big prick, but he's never done something this stupid out of spite. Maybe his finger slipped? I know I had a hard time as the serve-

****! Candice! I forgot about her....

Switching over to my server window, I see her at her computer with a Mountain Dew. At least she was safe...for now.

I, on the other hand, was in trouble. The pink guys were just outside the door. Kefka swoops up high, laughing all the while. Mémé looked at me with a hard expression.

"Go get them, Vinnie!"

I nod quickly, and captalogue my laptop. I grab my Revolverblade, and hop out the open window. My front yard is gone, and sand replaces it. My mailbox is still there, though....

The enemies flay their wings to stop themselves. Flay? Is that even a word? Whatever, they spread them out like they're catching the wind. They come to a rest on the ground, and squawk. .....yeah. Its pretty lame. Up close, I can see that they look like...flamingos. Yeah, kinda like flamingos only with arms and wings. At the end of their hands are vicious claws, almost as sharp as their teeth. Its really weird seeing a beak with sharp teeth in it. (Oh of all the weird things going on, that's what I notice?)

I grip my sword with both hands, and swing it in the general direction of the closest one. It jumps up and flies back a few feet.

"Oh, shi-!" The weight of the Revolverblade sends me stumbling and tripping over my feet to the left. I instinctively let go of my sword to stop from impaling myself on the fall. It gets half buried in sand as I face-plant a few feet away. Ugh. I hope Mémé isn't watching. I spit out the sand in my mouth and try to stand up, but the sand makes it difficult. I throw a blind punch as an enemy comes close, trying to deter it. It just laughs manically and claws at my arm. I snatch it back before he can get his grubby hands on my shirt. Thinking quick, I kick his leg from my crab-walk position, and....well, crab-walk backwards into a standing position. The demon thing is on one knee, squawking fiercely. I grab my sword from the ground, and run back a bit. I get it nice and situated in my hands while one of the enemies flies towards me.

"Swing, batter batter! Sa- wing!" oh, Kefka.

I slash horizontally to the left as he comes close, but I go too early and only manage to cut across his face and bury the tip of my sword in the sand. He falls into the sand head first.

"BOOOOOOOOOO!" calls Kefka from above, "You've never played baseball, have you Vinnie?" He laughs hysterically.

I try to run around him while he's down, but out of nowhere his buddy grabs me and holds tight. I drop my sword, but I have bigger problems. The enemy is holding me in place while the kneeling goon dramatically rises, presumably to kill me.

"N-no!" I yell as I try and struggle from its grip. Kefka laughs from above.

"I once knew a boy named Vinnie,
He always looked rather skinny,
His luck ran out,
During a hellish bout,
Et maintenant, sa vie est finie~."

He said that last line in less of a singsong voice than the rest. It... almost sounded like a threat....but hey, it was just Kefkasprite. He's always like that. Oh yeah, that guy is holding me. And his buddy is still dramatically approaching me.

I need some room to breathe,
but this ****** wont let me leave.
I squirm and flail,
to no avail,
****. What else rhymes with breathe?

Hell, I was never good at poetry. But I have to pass those six seconds somehow, right? My plan was almost in motion....

As the demon guy got within range, I jumped back on his pal holding me and kicked both legs out with all my might, hoping to catch Mr. Dramatic Rise. But, alas, Kefka's douchebaggery was not over. Apparently, he chose now to do something, and flew down in between me and Mr. Drama. So my power kick hit him square in the chest, sending him sprawling on top of Drama king, who explodes underneath Kefka. Little bits of...(wait. Are those fruit gushers?) stuff fly out from underneath Kefka.

"Owie!" Kefka yells as he gets up, "What was that for, you worthless little maggot?! If I knew you were so terrible at fighting I would've done this myself!"

"Sorry! I thought you were just watching!" I yelled, but he just ignored me and flew off, yelling about how the youth of France these days have no respect for narcissistic royal jesters.

Grabby pants McGee over here still wont let go of me, and he's still trying to fly off with me. I sigh. This is lame. So lame. I shake back and forth, to and fro, but the demon holds tight. Not knowing what else to do, I fall back on him. He lets me go and jumps out of the way, using his wings to boost his jumping distance. I hit the ground, but the sand softens my fall. I get up quickly, before another dick sits on me or something. I run past the gushers on the ground, and grab my sword. The weight in my hands feels.....comforting, somehow. I put my finger on the trigger and pull. The resulting click brings me more comfort. Geez, I probably sound like one of those gangster gunslingers right now. I get my back against the door, which is slightly ajar. This is unsettling, as I left it closed for a reason. But whatever.

My foe is now flying back to me. I barre my Revolverblade in preparation for the impact. As he comes closer, I think of being an American Baseball player. I am a big, steroid abusing ******* with ego issues. Everyone hates me, bet hell, I can bat. And bat I shall. I swing my sword at just the right tim-

"METHUSELAH!"

Kefka flies in, grabbing the imp and carrying him away. My sword slashes through thin air. God Dammit Kefka. He flies off with his prey, then drops him behind my house somewhere.

Kefka laughs from the distance. His voice carries over a mocking, nagging voice.

"Sorry! I thought you were just watching!" his voice now goes back to normal,"Now we've both had foiled plans......lover boy!"

"WHAT! YOU'VE ALREADY RUINED ONE OF MY PLANS YOU BIG DICKWAD! THAT'S TWO NOW!"

Kekfa laughs harder.

"Oopsies! My bad! Hee heee heee hee hee hee!"

Well ****. Now there's a demon prowling around somewhere, and I have no idea where he is-

"AAAAAAAAA THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS!"

I'm tackled to the ground by Mr. Grabbsworth. Luckily, he doesn't hold on, and gets off quickly. I get up and grab my sword in one fluid motion and spin around, swinging madly. But the demon is out of range, and I end up just wasting my energy. Panting heavily, I beckon.

"You...stupid...f*cking....prick.....come and...get some!"

I charge at these words, bringing the Revolverblade down as I go. The demon sidesteps out of the way, but I quickly turned and slammed my foot down on his toes. He flinches in pain, and that gives me enough time to literally fall on top of him with my sword, sharp end down. Short story even shorter, he died.

"Jesus Christ that was stupid."

I sit down, and return my Revolverblade to it's card. Somewhere in my house I hear Kefka laughing. What a ******.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Candice Greyson

Watching in horror at the screen, my heart was going at the speed of light. It was then that the screen turns white and flashes right in front of my eyes. Blinking from the surprise, the sound of windows breaking catch my attention. The very first thing I thought was about my dad.

"I'M COMING," I yelled, leaving the laptop and taking out my bat. Dashing out into the hallway, I was surprised to see....clown-like imps? They weren't the same ones. Instead of wearing nothing and just looking colorful, now they wore jester-like clothing. Gulping, I watched as they started to eye me hungrily. FLUFFRICKSPRITE was determined to keep them away though. With a swoop of his strange arm, he pushed off an imp and went into my dad's room, dragging my dad along with him.

Before I could do anything, I was caught off guard by the dash of one of the imps. Yelping, I dodge to the side and slam the bat down the imps back. Jumping over the imp, slamming my feet down as if it were on fire, more started to arrive. I had to act fast. The imp wouldn't stop yelping as I kept slamming my feet down. Wanting to get over this quick, since my dad was too close for comfort, I get off and slam the bat down one more time. IT WOULDN'T DIE. Finally it broke off into tiny fragments called GRIST.

SLAM. Slamming against the ground, the pain in my injured arm suddenly shot back up. I could feel the imp's teeth sink into the injured flesh. Lifting the bat, I push it aside and start to bash the bat against its head.

"Why the same arm?!" I yelled out, finishing it off in a matter of seconds. Noticing how angry I was getting, I calm down. Unfortunately, there were two more imps...but they weren't going after me. Freaking out, I try to catch their attention. Throwing a Mountain Dew I had in my syllabus, my arm wasn't cooperating with me. Instead it landed on the second imp, who immediately dashed towards me. I didn't hesitate to swing the bat at it, my goal to see my dad as quick as possible.

Two...four...five, six...seven hits before I got tired. The more my arm got bitten, the faster it tired out. Unable to do more, I put all my strength in this last swing and watch the GRIST fall everywhere. There was only one left, but I didn't know what to do...

Walking over to the imp who was desperately trying to get to my dad's room, I pick up a glass bowl. Right when it turned its head, I slam the bowl right in its head. The glass didn't break but bounce back up, breaking into million of fragments all over the floor. Cursing under my breath over the failure, I dash off. The imp followed as I went back into my room. Closing the door shut, the imp elbows the door every single second. Unable to keep the door open for much longer, I start to think of what to do. I managed to get the imp here, but what else can I do?

Checking around the room, the bat still clinged to my injured arm. My arm was in plenty of pain, but if I don't get rid of this imp I will have to let it inside and watch as it destroys my room. Ricardo, Vinnie, and even Vieve are probably sending me messages and I probably don't even know it. Time was essential here.

Without thinking I jump out of the way of the door, letting the imp elbow the door wide. Falling down from using too much force, I take advantage of the situation and start swinging my bat down at the imp. Standing over it so it wouldn't move so much, my arms were getting sore. Eventually I heard my dad yell out my name in horror, making me feel worried. Another imp? Did he get injured? Was he watching me defeat the imp? Maybe he saw my sprite and he was scared to death again?

Wanting to hurry, I slam down harder on the imp with the bat. By the second swing it finally broke into GRIST, making me fall on the ground from the disappearance of the imp's body. Laying on the ground, I stare up at the ceiling. I didn't feel like getting up. Exhausted, I put the bat back in the STRIFE SPECIBUS.

I just lay there, tired.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
--

Yay, you just climbed your ECHELADDER and reached LEVEL 2!

You certainly seem to have picked the worst thing to prototype your "helpful" sprite with. Even the flamingo might have been a better choice. Let's just hope that the colorful clothing and mischievous behavior was all the imps got from that prototyping, and no real useful powers...

You hear something break inside your house, and Mémé's voice sounding upset, as if she is scolding someone. Since Kefkasprite suddenly comes out again with a nasty, smiling beak while your grandma keeps shouting, it can't be him.

"I'm so EXCITED! Just so you know, when we entered the MEDIUM, this patch of desert turned into an ATOMYK EBONPYRE. The worst kind of zone there is in this game, because until you pass through your first gate, enemies will just KEEP RESPAWNING at an nearly INFINITE RATE. Oh, yes, yessss... you think those imps were annoying?" The sprite stops to let out a horribly bird-sounding laughter. "The party has just started! And I feel like I'm supposed to... hmm... tell you some more things now. Important INFORMATION! But!"

He makes some loops in the air, while you hear more stuff break inside your house and feel a warm desert wind ruffle your hair - possibly making you turn your head around to see more pink, clown-like creatures approaching in the far distance.

"BUT! I... don't wanna! HAHAHHAHAHA!"

And with that, he disappears into your large house again. Mémé's voice is coming from another window now; she seems to have moved... What if it's more IMPS she is scolding and chasing? Or being chased by??

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Survive. Possibly inquire your friends about what you're supposed to do now, since you've got an awful sprite "guide".[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

--

Yay, you just climbed your ECHELADDER and reached LEVEL 4!

You feel awfully drained and tired, and your arm feels like it wants to detach from you and go cry in a corner. Luckily, you manage to get a few minutes of quiet rest on the living room floor without being disturbed by more bear-jokers. Then, the smell of hot chocolate reaches your nose all of a sudden.

"I thought you would need something to make you feel better," FLUFFRICKSPRITE says with his green face on and comes floating from the kitchen with two cups of steaming hot chocolate in his "paws". It's not very cold inside, but remembering that it's very icy outside this might be a good beverage for this situation. "I have some soft cookies baking in the oven as well."

Your father walks out from his room with a determined and slightly more collected look on his face. He is holding two large books in his strong arms, as if he was thinking he could squash some imps between them if they tried to reach him or his daughter again. Without a word, he puts the books down on the sofa and takes a cup from FLUFFRICKSPRITE when offered, though. He doesn't seem completely freaked out by the sprite anymore. Maybe things - in a very SBURBian and odd way - are going the right way after all.

"Now that we are not in imminent danger for half a minute or so more, I have to bring you some instructions," FLUFFRICKSPRITE's yellow face says. Ominous words in a way too cheerful face, which makes your father want to object, but the sprite motions for him to wait with whatever he wants to say.

"That bat of yours is really impressive, Candice. I mean, Tulio's bat. But I have a feeling it could be improved; made into an even better weapon. The way to go is by ALCHEMIZING. You have to make your server player DEPLOY a thing called the PUNCH DESIGNIX. With it, your SYLLADEX cards, some CRUXITE, the TOTEM LATHE and finally the ALCHEMITER, you can create just about anything. As long as you have the ingredients for it. It's usually better to decide on ingredients first and see what you get when you try alchemizing them."

A tiny interruption from some unsettling noise from the ceiling. Is there someone on the roof? FLUFFRICKSPRITE doesn't seem to notice, or care, and just goes to fetch the cookies from the kitchen before he continues.

"Say you want to create a dress made of metal. You could captchalogue an empty tin can and a dress of yours... I mean, not that you would have a dress. Let's say a pair of pants instead. Then you scan the codes that appear on the back of those pink cards with the PUNCH DESIGNIX. A new card, a red one, will be spat out from the machine, and you can use that in the TOTEM LATHE with a CRUXITE DOWEL in the same way you used the PRE-PUNCHED CARD earlier. And then put the TOTEM in the ALCHEMITER, to finally create the new item. Which will hopefully be a pair of pants made of metal. Not very comfy, perhaps. And depending on the can used, it might have a strange pattern saying "BEANS" or something like that."

Now there is a definite sound from the roof. FLUFFRICKSPRITE has taken up more than half a minute talking.

"Let's improve your attire and gear as quickly as we can," the sprite says with his red face on. "This place is now an ATOMYK EBONPYRE, which means that more and more and more enemies will keep coming until you advance in the game. Mostly just to prevent you from lingering here for too long."

Your father nearly chokes on a cookie.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Prepare for ALCHEMIZING. You are free to encounter imps while gathering things to captchalogue and bringing CRUXITE DOWELS to the TOTEM LATHE.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]​

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
RICARDO: Welcome to LOOAW

I struggle as I attempt to lift my body upwards by extending my arms against the ground. Despite the fact that I haven't exercised in years by now, I can't believe doing a single push-up could be this freaking hard.

The heat is gone, I realize as I get on my knees. The gray pillars are gone as well, and my sprite. No, the sprite was still there…

The sprite however, seems to be having some sort of… stroke? I think before two balls of light, a white and a black one suddenly separate from the sprite and float away in opposite directions. I don't really know what to say and suddenly I realize my sprite is no longer just a blinking head, but a sauropod of sorts, who lacks a head… and has extremely pixelated gray skin.

"Swell," it says with a gloomy voice. "Is my existence worth more now or are you going to put me into a corner or pick me apart soon? Sorry, I mean: welcome to Land of Ocean and Will. This is where you'll be stuck for a long time. With me. Oh, joy."

"Whoa there!" I say raising my voice at the emo being inhabiting my room. "Don't bust my balls dude, if your meant to be some sort of guide in this game, then do what you're programed to do, which I'm sure does NOT include annoying the crap out of me. I mean, you were pretty cool when all you did was give light shows, so yeah, those aren't very high expectations anyways."

I back away before I had to listen to Marvin the Paranoid Sauropod-made-out-of-Legos keep complaining. Unfortunately, I have some work to do according to my Pesterchum alerts:
-- paintSplatter began to pester babelsEngineer --
PS: I necesitas the Punch Designx
PS: I hope you're Medium!
PS: Adias!
PS: WAIT
PS: YOU BASTARD
PS: YOU HIT MY BROTHER WITH A CHAIR
PS: TE OIDIO
PS: I NEEDED HELP WITH THE MONSTERS!
PS: WHY WOULD I NEED HELP WITH MY BORTHER YOU MAPACHE
PS: I AM GOING TO RIP YOUR SKULL OUT FROM YOUR HEAD AND
PS: And... nevermind. You just better hope he's okay. For your sake.

BE: Necesito*
BE: …you're in the Medium*
BE: Adios*
BE: Te odio*
BE: Brother*
BE: It's a hard life for a grammar Nazi… B)
BE: Seriously though, what do you need the Punch Designix for?
BE: …and I'm sorry about your brother,
BE: I guess I wasn't thinking straight.
"Young master!" a sudden voice startles me.

I look back to see Watson (my butler's now-permanent name, for today) looking at me in a most peculiarly scared manner. "Yes Watson." I ask in my most innocent voice possible, not realizing that anything less than "freaking startled makes me suspicious.

"Wha… what… what's going on?" he asks. I simply stare at him, as if expecting clarification. "Th… the… window… open the window!" he stutters.

I comply. Walking over to my bedroom's large window, I pull the blinds to the side… and feel my jaw drop open.

There is deep blue ocean as far as the eye can see, and pointed, jagged rocks that only a laughably optimistic person could call islands.

I take a deep breath: "So this is the Medium."

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Candice Greyson​

My eyes remained closed. For how long I was laying down here, I will never know. All that counts is that I somehow defeated the four imps and saved both FLUFFRICKSPRITE and my dad. Resting myself in what seems to be a cold floor, the smell of hot chocolate soon fills my nostrils. Slowly opening my eyes, I try to force my body to sit up. It was my adorable sprite.

"I thought you would need something to make you feel better," FLUFFRICKSPRITE says with his green face on and comes floating from the kitchen with two cups of steaming hot chocolate in his "paws". Right now I didn't feel like eating anything or drinking even, but knowing FLUFFRICKSPRITE, or from what I think I know, he knows I need it. "I have some soft cookies baking in the oven as well."

"Thanks," I mumbled, leaning against the wall. My arm wasn't bleeding as much as when it was first injured, but it's going to get into a dire situation if I don't stop it. Tired, I slowly lift myself up. At the same time I heard the door to my father's room creak open. Turning my head revealed a man with a pile of books in his strong arms. Of course, the first thing that pops into my mind was how silly that was. It was obvious he had no idea what was going on...or did he? Maybe FLUFFRICKSPRITE told him something? He WAS with my dad, so it's possible. Who knows really?

Suddenly he drops the books, catching my attention. I saw as he accepted a hot cup of chocolate from FLUFFRICKSPRITE, which obviously meant he wasn't freaking out anymore. Relieved to see that my dad was going with the flow of things, I decided to get the chocolate cup myself. Before I could however, FLUFFRICKSPRITE begins to speak.

"Now that we are not in imminent danger for half a minute or so more, I have to bring you some instructions," FLUFFRICKSPRITE's yellow face says. The fact it turned yellow worried me, and even my dad was starting to understand FLUFFRICKSPRITE's faces from the way he reacted. He was going to speak, but FLUFFRICKSPRITE seems to somehow signal him to wait for his turn.

"That bat of yours is really impressive, Candice. I mean, Tulio's bat. But I have a feeling it could be improved; made into an even better weapon. The way to go is by ALCHEMIZING. You have to make your server player DEPLOY a thing called the PUNCH DESIGNIX. With it, your SYLLADEX cards, some CRUXITE, the TOTEM LATHE and finally the ALCHEMITER, you can create just about anything. As long as you have the ingredients for it. It's usually better to decide on ingredients first and see what you get when you try alchemizing them."

There was a tiny interruptiong from the ceiling, which started to worry me even more. There was something FLUFFRICKSPRITE knew about that I don't. In fact, he doesn't seem to care and goes to fetch some cookies instead.

"Say you want to create a dress made of metal. You could captchalogue an empty tin can and a dress of yours... I mean, not that you would have a dress. Let's say a pair of pants instead. Then you scan the codes that appear on the back of those pink cards with the PUNCH DESIGNIX. A new card, a red one, will be spat out from the machine, and you can use that in the TOTEM LATHE with a CRUXITE DOWEL in the same way you used the PRE-PUNCHED CARD earlier. And then put the TOTEM in the ALCHEMITER, to finally create the new item. Which will hopefully be a pair of pants made of metal. Not very comfy, perhaps. And depending on the can used, it might have a strange pattern saying "BEANS" or something like that."

Now there is a definite sound from the roof. FLUFFRICKSPRITE has taken up more than half a minute talking.

"Let's improve your attire and gear as quickly as we can," the sprite says with his red face on. "This place is now an ATOMYK EBONPYRE, which means that more and more and more enemies will keep coming until you advance in the game. Mostly just to prevent you from lingering here for too long."

That's when I heard my dad choke on a cookie. Knowing him, he probably wont let me get away with this. I ran up to him, but he seems to have the choking under control, apparently. Right now all I could think about is getting as far away from here as we can. It is obvious more enemies will come...which I am getting tired of actually, thanks to this arm of mine.

Rushing over to the laptop, I immediately start to pester Vinnie. It's been a while since I even pestered him...I wonder how far he even got.

archaicMiracle [AM] started pestering bemyValentine [BV]
AM: Hey, been a while.
AM: But I just want to know if you have time in your hands.
AM: There is monsters here.
AM: So I need you to deploy a Punch Designix.
AM: I think I spelled it right...
AM: I gotta go though
AM: SOMETHING IS ON THE ROOF...i think.

archaicMiracle [AM] ceased pestering bemyValentine [BV]

Well, now that I got that over with, I wanted to find out what was on the roof. What ever it was, it disturbed me. Anything can harm both me and my dad. Oh, let's not forget FLUFFRICKSPRITE.

I started to think about what FLUFFRICKSPRITE instructed. A metal dress? Metal pair of pants? Can I really do that? I can make amazing clothing and DRINKS with that. Amazing Mountain Dew drinks. Unfortunately it was obvious he wants me to start with the bat. At least I know what to use for that...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
--
[S-HIGHLIGHT]RICARDO[/S-HIGHLIGHT]​

Your SPRITE doesn't seem pleased with your way of treating him, but doesn't seem to bother complaining about it either. He shrugs as you turn to deal with computer business and Watson.

As you realize that you are indeed on an oceanic world, you might also start to realize that all your servants followed you here when your house moved. Because your whole house has moved. Another thing that came with you is your mother. She is furious at the moment - or she has passed out. Or both. You would know her best.

The SAUROSPRITE finally floats up to you and sighs, though, as if to signal that he wants to say something.

"There are some things you should know. One) please don't die yet. Two) there will be enemies. Lots of them. Therefore, you will need to A) get a weapon and allocate it as your STRIFE SPECIBUS. B) hurry up. And 3) there is a story I am programmed to tell you but let's skip the yada yada and get to the parts that matter."

Then he doesn't care if you listen anymore or not; he goes on with his story no matter what you do or try to say.

"Basically. You are a NOBLE who was exiled from your Land, LOOAW. Because you're no longer a noble, you're not allowed to take part in the great battle that is staged between darkness and light in a somethingplace called SKAIA. The prick that exiled you is called a DENIZEN, which is an ugly demonlord of sorts. Now that you have returned, it has woken up and will be sending enemies your way. IMPS and whatnot. So basically. You have to reclaim your land by getting to know the population, also called your CONSORTS, and do some quests to heal the land from corruption. And eventually face your DENIZEN. And after that... wait, I think I actually have to breathe now."

He actually breathes.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> The show must go on. Deploy that PUNCH DESIGNIX already! You're allowed to bunny MOTHER and the SERVANTS.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

--

FLUFFRICKSPRITE turns to you with a serious, blue face before you have any chance to get outside to see what's on the roof.

"The cookies I baked for you will restore your HEALTH VIAL. You should be feeling better in you arm already. Maybe CAPTCHALOGUE some cookies or a bottle of hot chocolate to carry with you if you are going away?"

If you do go out or otherwise manage to spot what is actually climbing around on top of your roof, what you will see is this creature:

basi3_zps879f7b82.png

Yeah, even if you ate a hundred sprite-cookies here and now, you wouldn't be able to take that terror of a thing on without upgraded gear. You just have to get your hands on that PUNCH DESIGNIX and think up some stuff to combine into sweet gear.

Meanwhile, you see more clownbear IMPS climbing up the sides of your house and sneaking around in the snowy garden. It seems an invasion is coming. They don't all seem immediately hostile - the clown thing has rather made them more curious than evil - but if you go close, they won't hesitate to jump you.

If you've got nothing better to do, why not poke around with your CLIENT's house? Maybe build something? Maybe upwards?

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Stay alive and keep busy. As usual now, FATHER is completely bunnyable.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Vieve Gotle

"Hissss... I think more imps are coming. My nipples are hardening, just from thinking about it!"

"You've got to be kidding me! Not with, not with Gavin like this," I'm shaking because last time… These creatures are ruthless and why do they keep coming back? Slamming my foot down I make a decision to quickly and effectively kill all of these imps.

"But I can try and stall the imps while you... while you BUILD! Yes, that's obviously what you have to do now. As soon as you don't have anything to do on LOFAR, you should build Vinnie's house up. Up towards his first gate~:3"

"BUILD?!" The hell? Why am I going to build something for Vinnie? "Why?! No! Screw that! Let's kill these imps!" My voice gets loud as I dramatically get up from my chair. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but how I can I just sit here knowing that Pussysprite's going to risk his life for mine and not do anything about it? On the other hand this could actually save Vinnie's life later on. This is just horrible but I can always fight them later. "Fine, just don't die!"

For emphasis of my anger I flop back into my chair and cross my arms before I begin working. Wait, how in the world do I build? I'm pretty sure that's the same option as destroying stuff and making ladders and what not. His house is already three story's high, what do he want it five hundred?! I hear the beeping noises coming from pesterChum but for now I decide to leave it alone. I see all the sand around his house and wonder if that's why it's not so stable, it's probably sinking! No, Pussysprite said something about "up to his first gate" then made something horrendous noise/face combination deal. Build? Cement? Hmm, there's something like that on here and I'm pouring it all over Vinnie's roof before I know it. I quickly click on some brick walls and set four of them around the perimeter of Vinnie's roof structure. His roof better be sturdy enough to hold this if not this is going to end in a mess. More cement but this time it goes on top of the bricks. Slapping on another brick slab across the top to make a "roof". Uhh, how is Vinnie going to get up through his roof to these new stories? That definitely isn't my problem. I'm repeating this action with stern concentration when I notice figure with wings flying towards the house, sorry Vinnie I hope you can take care of yourself! I finish with three stories made of brick walls and tons and tons of cement. Hopefully this hot sunny land will dry up the dripping cement soon.

Now, to defeat the Huns! Or perhaps check pesterChum. Yes, yes, that's the easiest option. The chat pops up as soon as I click on it showing messages from Candice, Ricardo, and Vinnie. At least this means they're all still alive!
AM: Oh wow...
AM: Well it is a crisis then.
AM: I feel out of it right now.
AM: Contact you later when I clear my head somehow.

PS: OUT OF IT!!?
PS: Sorry, caps lock.
PS: What's going on in your land?​

For some reason she's being quite vague and holding out which is like Candice but with Vinnie and Ricardo not with me! Aren't we girlfriends? Not in serious sense of the word but we're really close at times. I'm guessing she has a good reason for it after all who knows what she has been going through since arriving in Medium. I'll just have to wait for her response so I'm moving onto Vinnie.

BV: Oh, crap
BV: what the hell is ricardo thinking?
BV: Good luck dealing with him, I feel sorry for you.

PS: I saw you fighting those imps!
PS: Like your new house? Six stories high!
PS: Oh, sorry got to go defeat some imps of my own.

I always feel awkward talking to Vinnie as if I need to be proper and lady-like around him. I don't discuss my feelings about him because they're much too complex for the time I have to think right now. With that I'm onto my last conversation, which is unfortunately Ricardo.
BE: Necesito*
BE: …you're in the Medium*
BE: Adios*
BE: Te odio*
BE: Brother*
BE: It's a hard life for a grammar Nazi… B)
BE: Seriously though, what do you need the Punch Designix for?
BE: …and I'm sorry about your brother,
BE: I guess I wasn't thinking straight.

PS: CAYETE TU BOCA ES STUPIDIO
PS: Just give me the goddamn Punch Designx, it's none of your business why I need it.
PS: SEND IT IMMEDIATELY
PS: And you're damn right you weren't thinking straight or thinking at all!
I wonder if Pussysprite is actually holding these creatures off? I hate to leave him out there by myself but if I could alchemize this axe it'll be much easier to fight them with and not depend on other weapons. If Ricardo doesn't listen to my demands I will personally come over there to his side of the country and kill him. If he thinks I'm even slightly playing around I will use this axe to the best of my abilities to murder him.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Candice Greyson

I walked towards the kitchen, where the smell of cookies had filled the room. FLUFFRICKSPRITE suddenly turns to face me. His serious, blue, cute face somehow worried me. He always knew when something terrible was going to happen, and he always gave me that face before it did. Something horrible was obviously going to happen. What could I do? Is there anything I can do? What about my dad? What is he going to do? What if he doesn't listen to me?

In panic I try to think of what to do now. The footsteps in the roof were not getting any quieter. That's when somebody finally speaks up. "The cookies I baked for you will restore your HEALTH VIAL. You should be feeling better in your arm already. Maybe CAPTCHALOGUE some cookies or a bottle of hot chocolate to carry with you if you are going away?" he suggested. My arm did feel better than before, although that cookie sure did seem tempting. Without hesitating I munch down on a cookie. What followed was a feeling of energy flowing through me...or it could be the sugar.

Doing as my sprite says, I take out the colorful cards. As I CAPTCHALOGUE a few cookies into one card and a cup into another, my curiosity for the ceiling footsteps grows bigger. When I finish I rush over to my dad and prepare to try to calm him down...if he isn't already.

"Look, um, just stay inside while I uhh...get something from the outside-"

"I know you're lying, Candy," he interrupted. This was hopeless now.

'Why does he know everything so fast,' I whined, taking out my bat for him to see. "Look, I have this BAT to use in case I get jumped by any scary imps." He obviously wasn't falling for it. "Can you at least protect FLUFFRICKSPRITE for me? He means the world to me," I admit. For a moment my dad turned and looked at FLUFFRICKSPRITE, giving me hopes...but then he turned and gave me a confused look. Did he think my adorable sprite was strange? Of course I thought FLUFFRICKSPRITE was an alien at first, but not anymore. It will take some time until my dad gets used to him I guess.

Without awaiting an answer, I leave my dad with FLUFFRICKSPRITE in the kitchen and head towards my room. Inside I found broken glass everywhere and imps just outside the broken window. Instead of fighting me right on the spot though they looked at the room. One was rummaging through a pile of empty Mountain Dews while another was checking out the bed. A lot of them were playing around with my toys and books. Curious as to why they weren't as hostile as before, I checked around to see if any of them were...wait, there was a few glaring at me. Now all of them were glaring at me. They didn't seem to want to jump at me, but more like they were waiting for me.

Suddenly I see a colorful tail-like thing slap the window from the roof. Letting out a yelp of shock, all the imps turned to look at what it was. It was coming down. Afraid, I try to find anything in the room I would need before leaving. Obviously the laptop...wait, where WAS the Laptop? Glancing around let me discover that an imp was sitting over the Laptop. Wanting to get out of here as fast as I can, I take out my Mountain Dew bottle from my deck and throw it at the imp sitting over my closed Laptop. Having managed to shock the imp and knock it off my laptop, I make a daring leap. Landing by the computer, I stretch my limbs and finally grasp the metallic object. Hugging the computer to my chest, I make a sprint out of the room. Closing the door behind me, I quickly open the laptop to try to see how Ricardo was doing. Thanks to all the imps and mysterious riddles, I almost forgot about Ricardo! In the panic of it all, and with the imps behind me, I try to check out around RIcardo's location....

The screen revealed an ocean reaching as far as I could see. Where ever Ricardo was, it wasn't back in Earth. So if Ricardo wasn't in a snow world like I was in...then what about Vinnie and Vieve?

Suddenly a message comes up from Vieve.

PS: OUT OF IT!!?
PS: Sorry, caps lock.
PS: What's going on in your land?

AM: Imps and stuff.
AM: My arm feels better now though.
AM: Don't know if I can keep the imps off long enough though.
AM: Or if I can fight them at all.
AM: Too many of them at once is..impossible for me.
AM: What land are you in by the way?
AM: Just a curious...thing I wanted to know.

It seems she was busy too. What if Vinnie was busy? Maybe that's why he's taking so long in giving me the Punch Designix? Having nothing better to do to help Ricardo, I started to build some stairs. Just like the Sims game, I tried to use the least amount of GRIST to do so...unfortunately I could only do a floor before the door behind me knocked my laptop off my knees. Angered, I elbow the door and storm up. Opening the door revealed a bunch of imps ready to jump at me. Not wanting to risk it, I close the door again and hope that either of my three friends responds.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
--

Actually, PUSSYSPRITE is quite adept at keeping IMPS at bay. His furry arms and sharp teeth are more dangerous and strong than they look... or it might just be that his boobs are scaring the imps. They play some kind of game of chase in the garden, PUSSYSPRITE clearly enjoying himself while the IMPS are growing increasingly afraid of the violet SPRITE's behavior. Sadly, your SPRITE is focused on what's happening in the garden and isn't noticing the eyes glaring from the forest on the other side of the house... More IMPS are streaming out from the forest, trying to enter the house through the windows and climbing up onto the roof.

Maybe your SERVER player could help you get rid of some IMPS? And maybe you could help turning some of Vinnie's IMPS into GRIST as well, while you're building? Speaking of which...

The GRIST level is running low, after you've built several more stores onto Vinnie's house. Sure, not much more is needed soon for him to reach the first gate, but if you want to be able to DEPLOY or REVISE anything more in SBURB now, Vinnie has to go fight some more IMPS to get you more GRIST to build with!

See, when Vinnie gathers GRIST, you can build. When you gather GRIST, Ricardo can build. When Ricardo gathers GRIST, Candice can build. When Candice gathers GRIST, Vinnie can build. It's a chain.

--

You are such a good SERVER player who have already build onto Ricardo's house a bit. Eventually, another reason for you having to keep building up will reveal itself. Eventually.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Wait for your SERVER player to respond to you on Pesterchum.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

((OOC: Actually, I think Otherworld should wait for Fantastic to post, now. ))

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I hear a crash from inside. What the hell?

Kefka soon comes out, and I first suspect him, but more crashes tell me it must be imps. Wait, Mémé! Kefka starts to speak.

"Hold up Clown-face, I gotta check on the grams-"

Kefka just starts yammering over me. Sigh. Might as well listen.

"I'm so EXCITED! Just so you know, when we entered the MEDIUM, this patch of desert turned into an ATOMYK EBONPYRE. The worst kind of zone there is in this game, because until you pass through your first gate, enemies will just KEEP RESPAWNING at an nearly INFINITE RATE.

Gulp.

Oh, yes, yessss... you think those imps were annoying?" Kefka stopped to let out a horrible, bird-sounding laughter. "The party has just started! And I feel like I'm supposed to... hmm... tell you some more things now. Important INFORMATION! But!"

Oh great. There's a catch. Kefka flies into the air and does a loopty loop.

"BUT! I... don't wanna! HAHAHHAHAHA!"

Before I could object, Kefka flies into my house. His laughter carries outside, along with more crashing noises. What is Mémé doing? This information delema would have to wait, I need to make sure my grandmother is okay. I run inside, and hear another crash in the living room area. I yell for Mémé.

"Mém! Are you okay?!"

She calls back from upstairs. I could have sworn the crash had come from the ground floor...

"Vinnie! These little imps are breaking all of our valuables! Hey! Stop, and put that down!"

Oh no. Those imps better not be breaking all my stuff. Sh*t just got real.

I fly up the stairs, two at a time.

"Hey! This is not okay!" Calls Mémé from her room.

Seconds later, another crash. Kicking it into high gear, I bolt down the hallway as soon as I reach the second floor. At the end, I slide into a stop and pivot around the door frame, cracking the cheap ass wood slightly.

Whoa, I'm heavier than I thought...or maybe I leveled up my strength? Ha...

That last joke made me chuckle a bit. (Jeez I should really try to focus here.) Mémé was batting an imp with a cane my grandfather used.

"Stop! You little diable!" She smacked him a little harder, but the demon just snickered and threw a glass jar on the ground.

"Vinnie! Watch your step, there's glass everywhere!" I could see shiny specks everywhere, and crushed glass in a few spots. Good thing I didn't take my shoes off. The Imp looked at me and stuck his tongue out.

"Okay, that's it. You've broken too much sh*t for me to stay calm!" I whip out my revolverblade, receiving a look from Mémé. Did I just swear in her presence? Dear God have mercy on my soul. I'll never hear the end of i- Gah!

Mr. Diable lunges at me, beak at the ready. He scratches me across the ribs before I can react. Wincing in pain, I grab his snout and kinda...just...yank him to the side.

"Ah! Christ!" Okay maybe I'm being over dramatic, it probably wasn't that ba- AM I BLEEDING?! A very small bit of blood can be seen through the tear in my shirt. Oh god oh god oh god I'm going to die oh god.

((OOC: Yes, Vinnie is overreacting hard. He's...sensitive.))

The pink flamingo rears back to strike me with his beak, but a good whopping from Mémé stops him. Her cane makes contact with the side of the imps face, probably breaking some imp bones. He probably never felt it, because he instantly exploded. Little bits of gushers went everywhere.

"Well," says Mémé,"If I new you were such a pansy I would have beaten him up myself sooner!"

"What! You saw that! That was a cheap shot. He ripped my shirt!"

"Pfft." Mémé stuck her tongue out and started sweeping. While she was at it, I noticed that the gushers never reacted when she touched it. Strange. I went ahead and picked up all I could before sitting on the bed and pulling out my laptop. Candice responded, but she was off fighting imps presumably, so I left her messages alone. Ricardo hasn't really talked to me in a while...I should pester him.

bemyValentine [BV] started pestering babelsEngineer [BE]
BV: Bonjour/Hola/Hello
BV: My my, your a freaking linguist
BV: But uh yeah dude, sorry about that remark on the memo.
BV: I just want to check in with you and make sure your all good.
BV: Apparently were in a f*cking endless loop of imps here, or at least I am
BV: So keep your head up and ears open, I may need help later or i might find something for you
BV: Oh wait, what kind of weapon did you get i bet its sweet

archaicMiracle [AM] started pestering bemyValentine [BV]
AM: Hey, been a while.
AM: But I just want to know if you have time in your hands.
AM: There is monsters here.
AM: So I need you to deploy a Punch Designix.
AM: I think I spelled it right...
AM: I gotta go though
AM: SOMETHING IS ON THE ROOF...i think.

BV: Oh sh*t sorry Candy
BV: totally forgot to get you your client sh*t
BV: Wait is that punch box new?
BV: *goes to check*
BV: oh there it is
BV: Ok here, deploying it now...its in your dads room.

I found the machine easily enough, and Candice had plenty of Grist, as those gushers are called. She must have been fighting a lot to get so much...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
--

Sweet, Vinne gathered more GRIST! Now you can probably build up to his first gate above the house!

--

Indeed you leveled up your strength. Your MANGRIT increased and you LEVELED UP TO LEVEL 3 for slaying dat imp!

[S-HIGHLIGHT]==> Either bug your server player to deploy a PUNCH DESIGNIX for you so that you can alchemize some SWEET GEAR, or make her build up to the first gate and pass through it without incredible gear. Either way might get interesting. You are allowed to bunny KEFKASPRITE for now. He will not be very helpful and cannot come through the gate with you.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back