• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you buy the pokemon anime?

Would you buy the anime?

• Total voters

Claire Lilly

~Professional Vulpix Breeder/Trainer~
Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2019
    I've gotten a bit curious, if you would buy the DVDs of the pokemon anime, if they are avaible in your country, or not and would more likely watch it on the internet?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Nope! I wouldn't buy anime DVDs at all, nor will I even waste my time watching it on the Internet.
    I only watch the movies even tho they suck as well, but I am a Pokéfan after all...

Years
  • Yes, I would. In fact, I've bought Pokemon OS and DP's DVD sets and also all the Pokemon movies'. I'm a big fan of Pokemon so whenever I got free time I go re-watch some random episodes or movies.

Claire Lilly

~Professional Vulpix Breeder/Trainer~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2019
    Yes, I would. In fact, I've bought Pokemon OS and DP's DVD sets and also all the Pokemon movies'. I'm a big fan of Pokemon so whenever I got free time I go re-watch some random episodes or movies.
    Just where did you find the 'Diamond and Pearl' DVD series? In my country you can currently only buy season 1, 2, 17, 18 and 19 on dvd.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2020
    Don't waste your money, the Pokémon anime is downright terrible.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • I rather buy them on DVD, but only in german (since i knew about Pokemon at first there) i already have the Eeveelutions episode till the Electrabuzz vs Scyther episode

My adopted cousin had the 100 win trainer (forgot his name) episode in polish

the Pokémon anime is downright terrible.

The pokemon anime is childish and non violent nor pervetish (unless you watch this in japanese) but nothing more

But yeah i rather watch the origins and generations animes

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't really buy Pokemon Merchandise unless it is a few Plushies. I used to own the entire Orange League on DVD, but I don't know what happened to it.

As for the actual question, I only buy the movies and it depends on what movies they are. I have ever Hoenn movie on DVD, as well as 2000, 4Ever and Heroes. I don't buy the shows because they can easily be watched on tv normally, at least they could when Boomarang had the rights. But you can also watch them on Netflix and other official sites easily as well.

In time, I plan to get the 4th and 7th Gen movies eventually. But I plan to eventually have them all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Nah, I have some old VHS tapes of the OG Kanto and all dvds of pre gen v pokemon movies. Not gonna spend anymore when I can watch it online.

But if I was a billionaire, I'd purchase the anime from its current studio, fire all the writers, and hire better ones here.

Years
  • Shelf room lacks, so I wouldn't have any way of completing a collection :( Maybe of the movies, though!

Clarabelle

~Elegant and sweet Mademoiselle~
    Years
  • I love the pokemon anime, but in my country not many seasons can be bought as dvds or blu-rays. Currently only season 1, 2, 17, 18 and 19 are avaible like this, so I'm watching the anime mostly on the internet, or amazon prime.
    But I'm considering buying season 17, 18 and 19, since out of all the previously released games, I liked the X and Y games the most– next to the Diamond and Pearl games (which by the way were my first pokemon games ever). I would also like to buy season 10, 11, 12 and 13, if they ever get a dvd, or blu-ray release. Although I could also buy them in other languages, I won't do this, since I prefer the german synchronization over the english one for example.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I buy the movies but not so much the episodes. When I was a kid they played re-runs so much that I didn't have to buy them.

For the new ones, I'd probably just find them online if I wanted to re-watch. I own lots of the movies, though!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Ideally, I would buy all if I could. I'm making my way through the series from the beginning from episodes I've downloaded. I don't think they are sold in my country, though. But I'd buy my faves if I had the money to buy some, or maybe the movies.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    When I still bought DVDs, I had the two Master Quest box sets, and all the movies up until the seventh movie (minus the third, never saw a copy of it!). I used to buy whatever Pokemon stuff I could find! I had movies 1 and 4 on casette since I was very little.

If they made official subtitled versions, I'd buy them as soon as I could!!

That stuff is nostalgic and lovely.

It'd be amazing if they came with nicer extras like other DVDs and things! (I guess Blu-Ray now? I never owned one).

Imagine if they had lovely new/unique art on thr covers like the Japanese rental DVDs!!!

I think it was mostly unavailable in my country (Saudi Arabia famously banned Pokemon in the early 00's for the same Pokemon is satanic and/or pro-zionist weird conspiracy rumours, ahaaa...ha...), I bought these from neighboring Bahrain back when we'd drive over the bridge every two weeks or so.
    The ban relaxed, I saw DP being sold and there's plenty of Pokemon games sold. I ised to watch Pokemon Coliseum displayed on a TV in game store!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't buy dvds I general anymore got it all stored on hard drives, same with pokemon got all the films and 17 of the 20 odd seasons in my hard drive which I'm slowly getting through, will download the rest when I get through what I got

Back