• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possibility of the USA leaving the UN

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • With our new administration it seems republicans have a newfound urge to get the United States out of the UN. Now the bill was attempted to pass in 2015 and failed, but with the new administration that shows no regard for how it's actions affect the greater world, it looks more likely that this action is possible.

I don't have much more to say on this as even the possibility of this terrifies me, and shows me an interest to going back to the world state right before WWI broke out.

On the other hand though I'm sure the UN would be better without America in it anyways, since our republican party seems to not understand its an organization about on making the world happy, not forcing America on the world.

Now do take this with a grain of salt as I only have seen this from one source so far but even if it's not true, it still makes for an interesting discussion.

Years
  • It'll send a message to countries that the US doesn't care what happens to them. It'll also make China, Russia, and other frenemies of the US happy because they'll have more influence over what goes on internationally with America being silent and absent.

It'll certainly weaken the UN on those issues where the US was actually a good partner and contributor. A lot of programs the UN has will be scrambling to keep funding. And of course there will be those in the US who will point to that and say "See? The UN doesn't work" despite the fact that they were the ones sabotaging it in the first place.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It is frightening to think that the late 1900s and early 2100s could historically become a time period people look back on as the time where there was some sort of big organization trying to unite the different nations around the world. And failed.

Years
  • Kinda scary for the US and its citizens to say the least. Does this mean they'd be able to break the laws the UN has in place?

Back