• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Evo

Steny

Formerly Known as ThatOneRaichu | Creator Of Pokem
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Introduction

Sup, I'm Steny and I've been around the community for approximately seven years. Throughout those years, I have had many mistakes from tiles to major game-breaking glitches you name it. Overtime, I honed my rom-hacking skills and BOOM here's Evo! This is my first rom hack and I hope all of you will enjoy playing it! Now without further or do, let's get to the story.

Story
You're a teenager who lives on the Outskirts of Sau'to that's about to embark on a brand new adventure as a Pokémon Trainer. You're the son/daughter of a famous Pokémon Professor that is always busy with work on the private island, the Crimson Foundation, and you also have a brother/sister named Ruben/Ruby who helps your father with his work. The Mayla region is very similar to Alola however it lies nowhere near it. Just like Alola, it consists of four main islands each having a "Guardian Deity". The region's Pokémon Professor, Fir, is doing research on Pokémon moves and in order to resolve his project, he needs to catch every Pokémon species existing in Mayla. Knowing that it's been your childhood dream to go on an adventure, your mother gives you and your childhood friends, Clairus and Siscella, your very first Pokémon on Trainers' Day. Trainers' Day is a day where new trainers receive their first Pokémon to celebrate the success of their objectives. You make your way to the endorsement festival to be wished best of luck by the first Kahuna. As you and your childhood friends participate in grand trials and collect trial stamps, your objective is to help Professor Fir with his project. You meet familiar faces and come across Team Lapris, a group of thugs who failed to complete the Grand Island Challenge. As you get another step closer to completing the Grand Island Challenge, tragic events begin to interfere with your journey. Will you be able to pursue your dream goal as a Pokémon Trainer? Well my friend, that decision is up to you..!

Professor Fir

The region's famous Pokémon Professor as he is highly known for being a strong Pokémon Trainer himself. In depth terms, he studies Pokémon moves, ablities, and the strength behind a Pokémon's true power. 10 years ago, Lotus was originally the champion of the Mayla region until he was defeated in Grand Island Finals. Since his defeat, Professor Fir stepped up to help young teens and even adults on how to catch and care for their Pokemon. He now stands as the ex-champion of Mayla.

Clairus

b34O79l.png

As a kid, He enjoyed watching Pokemon battles on TV from the far-away Kalos region. He can impatient sometimes but on the bright side, the kid has quite the knowledge when it comes to Pokemon. He witnessed Professor Fir's defeat at the Grand Island Finals. Although others began to look at the Professor differently, he didn't. It made him want to know more about Professor Fir and since then, he's been a proud assistant of him. After receiving his first Pokémon, he gets himself in a rivalry with the protagonist. He wants to impress the Professor by becoming the next Grand Island Challenge Champion.

Siscella

zCVlnJY.png

Growing up as a child, Sierra's childhood was rough. Her parents were strict and hardly allowed her to go outside...that is until they met Professor Fir. Sierra's favorite hobby is reading books and spending time with Pokémon. She is VERY intelligent and loves Pokemon...even the bugs. Slightly shy, flighty, and lacks confidence but she's very respectful and honest. She looks up to the champion as a her role model.

Rom Base
Pokemon - Emerald Version (U)
Language: English

Features

Male and Female Customized Protagonists
Meet Ruben and Ruby, the Male and Female Protagonists of Pokemon Evo!(Yes I know that they look similar to Brendan and May. They were customized after all..)

qYfn6ai.png

New Pokédex
Pokémon from gens 4-8 have been handpicked and are in-game.

Physical/Special Split
Moves in-game have been updated to gen 4's introduction to the difference between Physical and Special.

Fairy Type
Fairy type has been added in-game for that 6th gen sensation and feeling.

Mugshots
Ya' know! For the important characters!

A Brand New Region
A whole new region to explore! The Mayla region which consist of four islands. Petalet, Stonejal, Steelvant, and Purain

Post Game
A second region will be involved that begins a different sequence of events.

New Pokémon Forms
Certain Pokemon now have what we call a "Maylan" Form.

Maylan Sentret - Normal/Fire
92TCbH9.png

Maylan Luxio - Fire
Vk6k72D.png

Maylan Ampharos - Grass/Ground
xPnEML9.png

Maylan Riolu - Psychic/Dark
70Ayxxa.png

And several more!

Two New Eeveelutions
Three brand new exclusive eeveelutions are introduced in the game.

Ignareon - Dragon
vp6Ecwz.png

Evolves holding a Dragon Fang at night.

Ferreon - Steel
AKVnYrp.png

Evolves using a Iron Stone.

No Gym Badges
In the Mayla region, gym badges don't exist. Instead, you take on the grand island challenge to collect grand trial stamps!

Updated Moves and Abilities
Moves and Abilities have been updated all the way up to gen 7.

New Soundtrack
There's music from Sun and Moon and maybe a couple of animes you've watched before!

Natured Colored Stats
Pokemon Natures now determine which stat is boosted and which stat is lowered. Red indicates a 10% boost and Blue indicates that the stat is lowered by 10%. This gives the game a HGSS sensation.

Z-moves
Z-moves are in the game and is working as intended.

Minor Features
BW 2 Repel System(Work in progress),New Pokeballs, DNS System, FR/LG fishing, and running indoors(Also a work in progress)

Screenshots​
7c2Jgqa.png
kaljGHO.png
ZwspYqz.png

xTvTY74.png
AFFVnfn.png
QOIjZzF.png
Zan9ReT.png
PzGEuFS.png
qfgsMKM.png
pgJUxQH.png
wtFfmZO.png
J1mg9t2.png

Credits
DizzyEgg - Emerald Battle Engine, Various Item Features, DNS System
Tainted - OWs, HxD Help, feedback, helping me in general
ShinkoNet - MIDIs/Music
Alistair - Tiles
Spherical Ice - Tiles, OWs
Silentninja - OWs
TSR - OWs
Furs the Fox - OWs
ShiningStar5022 - OWs
WesleyFG - Tiles
Solo993 - Sprites
cachomon - Custom Eeveelutions Sprites
Me - Mapping, Scripting, Story-planning, Maylan Forms, HxD-editing, just about all the hard work!
And all the Contributors to the 64x64 Gen 1-8 Pokemon Sprites

If I've forgotten anyone or if you see something within any of these screenshots that you created and would like for it to be taken down, be sure to PM me :)

Tools Used:

Advance Map 1.92
FSF
XSE
HxD
Advance Trainer
PGE
Advance Series
TileHelperAdvance
Irfranview
G3T
NSE 2.1
Overworld Editor RE
SMCA
APE
Complete Multi-Choice Box Editor
Sappy 2006/Mid2Agb

So far there aren't any known bugs and if you're interested in becoming a beta tester, the best way to contact me is through discord or through a PM here on Pokecommunity.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen today
I use uc browser I also tried using other browser like chrome and opera but I only see Photobucket 3rd party hosting usage

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 18, 2022
Ok. I also can't see the screenshots.It says something about photobucket or whatever :/

Years
After seeing the screenshots, all I can say that this is amazing. It looks genuine and the beauty of the 3rd Generation tiles is present in the game. I hope you never give up on this, it would really be a shame if it were to be cancelled like other awesome hacks as this was really good looking. Also, if you were to post updates, can you please remove the filter? It doesn't look good to be honest. Pokemon names should be decapitalized as well, so it will look on par with the modern original games.

Last edited:

Steny

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
After seeing the screenshots, all I can say that this is amazing. It looks genuine and the beauty of the 3rd Generation tiles is present in the game. I hope you never give up on this, it would really be a shame if it were to be cancelled like other awesome hacks as this was really good looking. Also, if you were to post updates, can you please remove the filter? It doesn't look good to be honest. Pokemon names should be decapitalized as well, so it will look on par with the modern original games.
I appreciate that! & the filter should be removed now. I already plan to have decapitalization imported in a future update.

Last edited:

Steny

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
I use uc browser I also tried using other browser like chrome and opera but I only see Photobucket 3rd party hosting usage

Screenshots have been fixed.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 19, 2023
Man, when this comes out im gonna be beyond hyped LOOK AT THAT RIOLU!

Back